Play offs watch

223 posts
JIM

Re: Play offs watch

by JIM » 23 Apr 2014 10:32

Doesnt affect us is not really true Look out for sent off players a QPR red card would f..k up Harrys team plans for a start, :idea:

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Apr 2014 10:36

PistolPete FRIDAY

Brighton v Yeovil
An unlikely point for Yeovil would be fantastic

SATURDAY

Key Games

Burnley v Ipswich
Burnley have secured promotion but points off Ipswich would be great
Bournemouth v Nottm Forest
B'mouth cannot now qualify for the playoffs, but points off Forrest would help
Doncaster v Reading
NEED a win!
Charlton v Blackburn
Any points for Charlton would help keep them up and knock Blackburn out the hunt

Relevant

Derby v Watford
Anything other than 3 points for Watford and they're out of it too
Wigan v Blackpool
Blackpool did us a favour on the weekend, any more points here could help us avoid Derby in the playoffs

Doesn't affect us:

Huddersfield v Leicester
Middlesbrough v Barnsley
QPR v Millwall
Sheff Wed v Bolton
Birmingham v Leeds

Bournemouth can still qualify for playoffs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Apr 2014 11:25

Mathematically. They're effectively 5 points off though so they need about 8 other results to go their way over 2 sets of matches.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Apr 2014 12:02

He didn't discount Watford even though they're in the same situation as Bournemouth and have to win all their games for any chance. But yes in reality, anyone not within 3pts of the play-offs now is very much a long shot.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Apr 2014 12:03

tidus_mi2 He didn't discount Watford even though they're in the same situation as Bournemouth and have to win all their games for any chance. But yes in reality, anyone not within 3pts of the play-offs now is very much a long shot.

I think it's bournemoths gd that does them.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 12:31

I'd say it's a straight fight between us and Brighton now...........& perhaps a very slim chance for Ipswich. Forest need to win both to get 6th as it looks like a minimum of 70 points will be required & I just can't see them doing that against Bournemouth & Brighton.

I can't see anything other than a Burnley win v Ipswich on Sat - the crowd will be buzzing & will want to see one last hurrah. That should take care of them.

I'm torn over what result I want from Bournemouth v Forest TBH. If Bournemouth did win that then Forest would have nothing to play for against Brighton on the final day which could hurt us. Would rather Forest be up for that final game as we need Brighton to drop points, especially given they have Yeovil on Friday so that should be 3 points in the bag.

Although it'll be tense on the final day, I think I'd like to see a Forest win on Sat.

Obviously the perfect set of results would be Reading win, Yeovil win, Burnley win & Bournemouth win & then it would all be over. :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Apr 2014 12:39

MmmMonsterMunch I'd say it's a straight fight between us and Brighton now...........& perhaps a very slim chance for Ipswich. Forest need to win both to get 6th as it looks like a minimum of 70 points will be required & I just can't see them doing that against Bournemouth & Brighton.

I can't see anything other than a Burnley win v Ipswich on Sat - the crowd will be buzzing & will want to see one last hurrah. That should take care of them.

I'm torn over what result I want from Bournemouth v Forest TBH. If Bournemouth did win that then Forest would have nothing to play for against Brighton on the final day which could hurt us. Would rather Forest be up for that final game as we need Brighton to drop points, especially given they have Yeovil on Friday so that should be 3 points in the bag.

Although it'll be tense on the final day, I think I'd like to see a Forest win on Sat.

Obviously the perfect set of results would be Reading win, Yeovil win, Burnley win & Bournemouth win & then it would all be over. :D
reading win, brighton loss, ipswich loss, forest and bournemouth draw. Wigan and blackburn draw, watford loss or draw. Puts us 1 point behind wigan on the final day and secure if ive done it right in my had.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 12:47

Even if Bournemouth win & all the other results go our way, it's over as Bournemouth wouldn't be able to catch us either.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 12:51

I will be amazed if people realistically think Blackburn, Watford & Bournemouth have a chance. So many other results would have to go their way!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Apr 2014 13:12

-------------------
Derby 85pts
QPR 80
Wigan 74
Brighton 70
-------------------
Reading 70
Ipswich 69
Forest 67
Blackburn 66
Watford 64
Bournemouth 64

.....will be how it finishes, you heard it here first. Reading to miss out on goal difference.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Apr 2014 13:18

Personally will be routing for Forest at Bournemouth as that will mean they still have something to play for against Brighton on the last day.

I think we will need a win and a draw - although two wins would be better.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Apr 2014 13:19

Floyd_Streete wrote: -------------------
Derby 85pts
QPR 80
Wigan 74
Brighton 70
-------------------
Reading 70
Ipswich 69
Forest 67
Blackburn 66
Watford 64
Bournemouth 64

.....will be how it finishes, you heard it here first. Reading to miss out on goal difference.

Forest to beat Brighton in their last game with a win a a draw from our last two games good enough to secure the 6th place.

Derby 85pts
QPR 80
Wigan 74
Reading 71
-------------------
Brighton 69
Ipswich 69
Forest 69
Blackburn 66
Watford 64
Bournemouth 64

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Apr 2014 13:20

andrew1957 Personally will be routing for Forest at Bournemouth as that will mean they still have something to play for against Brighton on the last day.

Agreed with all that.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 13:21

Floyd - I actually think Reading & Brighton will get 71 points...........and Reading will do it on GD.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Apr 2014 13:22

andrew1957 I think we will need a win and a draw - although two wins would be better.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Apr 2014 13:26

MmmMonsterMunch Floyd - I actually think Reading & Brighton will get 71 points...........and Reading will do it on GD.

Disadvantage for us is that Brighton have Yeovil who are almost certainly going down regardless. Get a grip on the game early and they could do soem serious damage to the relative goal-difference.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Apr 2014 13:28

MmmMonsterMunch wrote:Floyd - I actually think Reading & Brighton will get 71 points...........and Reading will do it on GD.

:shock: :o :shock:

Brighton currently have 66 points so 71 points is not possible!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 13:32

floyd__streete
MmmMonsterMunch Floyd - I actually think Reading & Brighton will get 71 points...........and Reading will do it on GD.

Disadvantage for us is that Brighton have Yeovil who are almost certainly going down regardless. Get a grip on the game early and they could do soem serious damage to the relative goal-difference.

Yeovil have been buried for a while yet they seem to be quite pragmatic about it all & are still trying to fight to the death regardless. They took points off Bournemouth the other week & are giving a decent account of themselves. Brighton are not a free scoring team either & goals is a huge problem for them generally.

Fully expect a Brighton win, but I suspect the GD will be more in our favour more come 5pm Sat.

The trickier one is game 46. If Forest have blown it Brighton could get a hatful then where as Burnley are tough to break down (even if they are on the beach already).

LOL - Just seen the post above. :oops: I had it in my head we were level on points. :lol:

We need a confidence boosting 3 or 4-0 result for us on Sat really.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Apr 2014 13:35

The Real Sandhurst Royal
MmmMonsterMunch wrote:Floyd - I actually think Reading & Brighton will get 71 points...........and Reading will do it on GD.

:shock: :o :shock:

Brighton currently have 66 points so 71 points is not possible!!

Good point well made :wink:

So basically if we win on Sat & score a hatful against Donny & Brighton drop points against Yeovil, it could be as good as done...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Apr 2014 13:40

floyd__streete
andrew1957 Personally will be routing for Forest at Bournemouth as that will mean they still have something to play for against Brighton on the last day.

Agreed with all that.

Even the routing?

223 posts