8685 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Buyout

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2014 19:07

genome
RoyalBlue Why the f*ck would it? Madejski did not qualify the assurance of transfer funding. He did not say it was conditional in any respect. He did not say it was coming from Zingarevich (and he would have been an absolute idiot to have done so, given how Zingarevich had already failed to deliver). And, IIRC, when Dellor pushed him, he sugggested/stated that he would provide some.

And now, to add even more to the mess that he has got us into by 'selling' to AZ, according to Charles Watts HMRC are after the club for unpaid tax bills.

Actually, he did say that some of the money would be Anton's, but as I've said before, get over it. Are you still going to be moaning about this when we have new owners?

You are quite right, he did say some would be AZ's (pretty dumb given that AZ had already failed to pay for his shares when due) but he also made it clear that he too would be getting some funds in (didn't say from where).

Will I be moaning about it when we get new owners? Absolutely not, provided they have put the Ego out to pasture. And if they want some help in changing the seats over........

Incidentally whilst I detest the guy (and I doubt he would be particularly keen on me!) I will acknowledge that, regardless of whether he has put much money in or not and also regardless of the fact it has been very much a symbiotic relationship, he has put a great deal of his time into the club.

Wycombe Royal They would probably be looking to get rid of the Dome and build a replacement at Bearwood. Also I'm pretty sure a multi storey car park would be in the plans. Would be a bit of a problem on match days though...shoppers and football.....

Shopping centres with multistorey car parks can't be put up over night, so where would everyone park during the many months it would take to construct? I suspect parking, traffic congestion and the fact that the main town is already extremely well served for shops would all be reasons why RBC would refuse planning permission.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 24 May 2014 19:35

paultheroyal
Royalwaster I've heard that the sticking point is that the new buyers have insisted abolishing the 'Back-the-boys-and-make-some-noise' guy and SJM is refusing to budge.

Can understand that

I'd pay to remove that Cnut

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 May 2014 19:58

[quote="RoyalBlue"]

You are quite right, he did say some would be AZ's (pretty dumb given that AZ had already failed to pay for his shares when due) but he also made it clear that he too would be getting some funds in (didn't say from where).

Will I be moaning about it when we get new owners? Absolutely not, provided they have put the Ego out to pasture. And if they want some help in changing the seats over........

Incidentally whilst I detest the guy (and I doubt he would be particularly keen on me!) I will acknowledge that, regardless of whether he has put much money in or not and also regardless of the fact it has been very much a symbiotic relationship, he has put a great deal of his time into the club.

[quote/]

I have met Chairman many many times and I just can't see why anyone would detest him.

You must remember it was his dream and his balls on the line if the move failed. He took the gamble and he should rightly get the kudos. I have never found him to be more than a reasonably humble man who exploits his privilege far less than most -if at all- and in all honesty way less than I would.

Also he is old school, if his business partner and senior shareholder said he will put money in, he takes him at his word despite what may have gone on in the past. I have been told he was horrified that AZ reneged on the deal as much for the trust value as the monetary aspect

Plus at that time the club were in negotiations with the Omani's and Americans so would need to put on a brave face. Imagine if they heard him say "We're fooked dead broke and heading fro the knackers yard" How would the staff, players, management, supporters and as importantly prospective buyers react?

I have no idea what work you do but if you are in management then you would understand sometimes you just need to be circumspect and even downright lie. However I simply cannot believe he -if he did- lie to make himself feel better or boost his ego.

As regards ego, all those who rise to giddy heights work off ego. Those who don't, give up at a million as that's plenty. Those who get huge riches are past monetary concerns and are running on ego. Close the deal = ego. Beat the next man= ego, buy big= ego

If you honestly believe the next owner will be anywhere near as humble as the last one you are very much mistaken. The young rich kids (made or inherited) are running on ego.

Why on Earth would an Israeli, American or Indian or anyone outside RG1-12 want to buy the club. Ego. to do the deal =ego, to make money= ego, to show off to their peers =ego, to have 20k people who you have never met chant your name = ego

I am convinced in 10 years time you will look back with a different perspective . Unless of course RFC win the Champions league in which case all bets are off...

This seems to be panning out like all B movies and government deal last minute deadlines, expect a 11th hour last gasp resolution.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 24 May 2014 20:36

ZacNaloen Mohit is another son of a billionaire...

Probably why he's not the preferred bidder

Could also be because he wants to replace the board, where Sagi is happy to let them stay

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 May 2014 20:41

kwik-silva

Could also be because he wants to replace the board, where Sagi is happy to let them stay

Nigel Howe will almost certainly leave with SJM. I'm not particularly keen to see Samuelson and Obolensky sticking around.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 24 May 2014 21:41

Ian Royal
UpThePrem
Ian Royal £3.2 million allegedly owed to HMRC. :evil:

Still, it's a small portion of the debt owed to SJM and Anton, so it might not be too bad. SJM will still get about £9m out of it.

May be even more as that's just the first (currently overdue) and second due in a few weeks. There may be more that haven't been mentioned.

No I added them together.

And you know there isn't a further payment due at some point in the near future. Of course, I forgot, your more ITK than anybody else..

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 May 2014 21:44

Don't think Ian's ever claimed to be remotely ITK, tbf.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 May 2014 21:54

kwik-silva

If you bought a loss making business I would expect you to put in your most trusted lieutenants to turn it round or at least reduce to bare minimum.

who if any would stay
TSI - work would be done and they'd all go back home
I-WS - likely to go back to his practice
NH - likely to go with SJM as his personal manager and carry on his other interests such as property developer
BS- probably the only one likely to stay if offered
SJM - possible honorary chairman, figurehead type involved probably wise old sage on an advisory basis, introduction to other club chairmen etc

These are all long term SJM men loyal to the end. Can't see any new owner keeping the same old same old.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 May 2014 21:57

Could probably do with a fresh perspective tbf. Just as long as that perspective is supported by finances and commitment. Some of Anton's ideas were actually quite promising, it's just a shame he supplemented them with shit glory signings and no money.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2014 22:04

multisync1830
RoyalBlue

[quote/]

I have met Chairman many many times and I just can't see why anyone would detest him.

You must remember it was his dream and his balls on the line if the move failed. He took the gamble and he should rightly get the kudos. I have never found him to be more than a reasonably humble man who exploits his privilege far less than most -if at all- and in all honesty way less than I would.

Also he is old school, if his business partner and senior shareholder said he will put money in, he takes him at his word despite what may have gone on in the past. I have been told he was horrified that AZ reneged on the deal as much for the trust value as the monetary aspect

Plus at that time the club were in negotiations with the Omani's and Americans so would need to put on a brave face. Imagine if they heard him say "We're fooked dead broke and heading fro the knackers yard" How would the staff, players, management, supporters and as importantly prospective buyers react?

I have no idea what work you do but if you are in management then you would understand sometimes you just need to be circumspect and even downright lie. However I simply cannot believe he -if he did- lie to make himself feel better or boost his ego.

As regards ego, all those who rise to giddy heights work off ego. Those who don't, give up at a million as that's plenty. Those who get huge riches are past monetary concerns and are running on ego. Close the deal = ego. Beat the next man= ego, buy big= ego

If you honestly believe the next owner will be anywhere near as humble as the last one you are very much mistaken. The young rich kids (made or inherited) are running on ego.

Why on Earth would an Israeli, American or Indian or anyone outside RG1-12 want to buy the club. Ego. to do the deal =ego, to make money= ego, to show off to their peers =ego, to have 20k people who you have never met chant your name = ego

I am convinced in 10 years time you will look back with a different perspective . Unless of course RFC win the Champions league in which case all bets are off...

This seems to be panning out like all B movies and government deal last minute deadlines, expect a 11th hour last gasp resolution.

You have clearly only seen the public (PR) face of Madejski. As for him being 'humble', what the hell planet are you living on?!!! Everything is about Madejski with a capital 'M'. He makes sure he is in the camera as much as possible. He even managed to walk slowly into the Royal Wedding, thus ensuring he was on camera! Didn't you see the documentary where from his suite at the Mad Stad he pointed to the academy that he had funded?! (Perhaps if the rich stayed in the UK and paid their taxes like the rest of us, rather than taking tax holidays overseas, the government could fund schools rather than relying on donations). And then we have his most recent statement about having a radio show and 'being a natural'! Humble my *rse!

Anton proved to be a complete and utter barsteward in terms of the way he left us in the lurch but when he did provide the funding to help us win promotion he still stayed pretty much in the background when the plaudits were being given out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 May 2014 22:05

Pepe the Horseman Don't think Ian's ever claimed to be remotely ITK, tbf.

I have once claimed to be possibly mildly ITK on the subject of Rosenior, but otherwise correct. I just ask for a little bit of evidence, rather than taking third hand anonymous internet rumours as gospel. I'm quite happy taking the positive view until proven wrong.

Oh, and I actually read the stuff people post about our actual accounts.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 May 2014 22:08

loyalroyaldaz Sparta Ian Royal is always right...........

Have you agreed to put your money where your mouth is yet?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 May 2014 22:29

RoyalBlue You have clearly only seen the public (PR) face of Madejski. As for him being 'humble', what the hell planet are you living on?!!! Everything is about Madejski with a capital 'M'. He makes sure he is in the camera as much as possible. He even managed to walk slowly into the Royal Wedding, thus ensuring he was on camera! Didn't you see the documentary where from his suite at the Mad Stad he pointed to the academy that he had funded?! (Perhaps if the rich stayed in the UK and paid their taxes like the rest of us, rather than taking tax holidays overseas, the government could fund schools rather than relying on donations). And then we have his most recent statement about having a radio show and 'being a natural'! Humble my *rse!

Anton proved to be a complete and utter barsteward in terms of the way he left us in the lurch but when he did provide the funding to help us win promotion he still stayed pretty much in the background when the plaudits were being given out.

I have no desire to argue every point but as I say I speak as I find. I like the man sure he no doubt has his foibles as we all do and perhaps has had more opportunity to indulge them hence the resentment but above all I respect what he has done over the years.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 24 May 2014 22:49

Teddy Sagi would only buy a football club if there was a way of making money out of it. He's not a "sugar daddy" wanting a play thing. He's an astute businessman who wants to make more money. He would not plough vast amounts of his personal fortune into a vanity project although I am sure he wouldn't object to owning a premier league club.... I'm not saying he would asset strip or run off with the cash or anything like that. Only he has spotted a deal somewhere and bugger if I know what that is.

The mail article is garbage by the way. To get a better idea of the man have a look at his various dealings and relationship with playtech where he is still the largest shareholder.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 25 May 2014 01:21

multisync1830
kwik-silva

If you bought a loss making business I would expect you to put in your most trusted lieutenants to turn it round or at least reduce to bare minimum.

who if any would stay
TSI - work would be done and they'd all go back home
I-WS - likely to go back to his practice
NH - likely to go with SJM as his personal manager and carry on his other interests such as property developer
BS- probably the only one likely to stay if offered
SJM - possible honorary chairman, figurehead type involved probably wise old sage on an advisory basis, introduction to other club chairmen etc

These are all long term SJM men loyal to the end. Can't see any new owner keeping the same old same old.

I'm only going on what Fordham said on twitter!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 May 2014 02:47

multisync1830
RoyalBlue You have clearly only seen the public (PR) face of Madejski. As for him being 'humble', what the hell planet are you living on?!!! Everything is about Madejski with a capital 'M'. He makes sure he is in the camera as much as possible. He even managed to walk slowly into the Royal Wedding, thus ensuring he was on camera! Didn't you see the documentary where from his suite at the Mad Stad he pointed to the academy that he had funded?! (Perhaps if the rich stayed in the UK and paid their taxes like the rest of us, rather than taking tax holidays overseas, the government could fund schools rather than relying on donations). And then we have his most recent statement about having a radio show and 'being a natural'! Humble my *rse!

I have no desire to argue every point but as I say I speak as I find. I like the man sure he no doubt has his foibles as we all do and perhaps has had more opportunity to indulge them hence the resentment but above all I respect what he has done over the years.

Screw you! RoyalBlue knows everything cos his daughter is a goalkeeper or summink.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 May 2014 08:10

USA_Loyal_Royal looked up one of the billionaires supposedly in for the club and he was worth 3 billion! i would absolutely love to see the club be bought on the cheap, but the stipulation is that the debts are immediately paid off! would be brilliant business, and we can finally bring in some players and keep the ones we have that are quality and play the way adkins wants to play! hopefully the deal will go through rather quickly.

This is the kind of thinking that got us into this mess in the first place. We need to reduce our wage bill, not make it higher. We need to off-load 3-4 players this summer who are paid too much for this division. We need to focus on bringing youth through.

If rumours are true HMRC are banging on our door and you want to spend more money? Are you crazy? Does FPP mean nothing to you? Idiot.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 May 2014 08:42

RoyalBlue
multisync1830 I have met Chairman many many times and I just can't see why anyone would detest him.

You have clearly only seen the public (PR) face of Madejski. As for him being 'humble', what the hell planet are you living on?!!! Everything is about Madejski with a capital 'M'. He makes sure he is in the camera as much as possible. He even managed to walk slowly into the Royal Wedding, thus ensuring he was on camera! Didn't you see the documentary where from his suite at the Mad Stad he pointed to the academy that he had funded?! (Perhaps if the rich stayed in the UK and paid their taxes like the rest of us, rather than taking tax holidays overseas, the government could fund schools rather than relying on donations). And then we have his most recent statement about having a radio show and 'being a natural'! Humble my *rse!

Last edited by Uke on 25 May 2014 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 May 2014 09:11

I'm guessing this is a pop at me but it's gone way over my head..Sorry. :oops:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 May 2014 09:35

Fordham's got a piece in The Sun today saying Teddy could make £250-million from turning the car park into a shopping centre.

If that's the case, why hasn't the club done it already.

But more to the point, where are all the shoppers going to park?

8685 posts