Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

796 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

by SCIAG » 29 May 2014 20:16

Ian Royal Le Fondre must be our best (and best performing) player to have not quite fully made it here for over a decade.

Brynjar Gunnarsson.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2014 20:33

soggy biscuit Always hoped the 'tard drummer would bring in a trombone and each time Le Fondre missed he could blow it and the fans could sing 'Adam Le Fondre' to the somewhat short tune 'have a banana'

Baaaoooowaaa Adam Le Foooooondre

alas, the chance has slipped through our fingers it seems
:lol: sorry, but the thought of that, actually made me happily expel snot through my nose :lol:

Back to the Blackman/Long thing...different styled players, different signing on fees etc etc.....but didn't certain members of our supporting fraternity slaughter Longy once upon a time?

Agree, it's time for him (Blackman) to step up to our collection plate next season....he had a couple of decent cameo's last season...just got to make them his routine.............then just watch this team board implode

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 29 May 2014 23:07

AthleticoSpizz
soggy biscuit Always hoped the 'tard drummer would bring in a trombone and each time Le Fondre missed he could blow it and the fans could sing 'Adam Le Fondre' to the somewhat short tune 'have a banana'

Baaaoooowaaa Adam Le Foooooondre

alas, the chance has slipped through our fingers it seems
:lol: sorry, but the thought of that, actually made me happily expel snot through my nose :lol:

Well, we'll have the chance on a couple of occasions next year...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2014 23:12

That would be soooo funny for any generic opposition players "miss-on-goal"

Soggy is really onto something there

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 May 2014 00:13

Pog, age 30, an established striker, played centrally, is averaging a goal every 236 minutes played (including pens)

Blackman, age 24, still developing, often playing wide, is averaging a goal every 263 minutes

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 May 2014 00:41

Hammond:

We are all disappointed to see him go but, in these challenging times, this is a vital and necessary deal for the club, and a deal that makes financial sense for both the club and the player. We wish Alfie and his family all the best.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2014 00:54

In Hammond we trust

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 30 May 2014 08:06

AthleticoSpizz In Hammond we trust

Nope, he is sh*t at his job. Southampton's fire sale is going so much better than ours............. :D

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 May 2014 09:27

Would our best players even make the Saints bench?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 30 May 2014 10:02

Snowball Would our best players even make the Saints bench?

Looking at the way their sale is going, we may find out!!!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 May 2014 10:39

Elm Park Pasty
AthleticoSpizz In Hammond we trust

Nope, he is sh*t at his job. Southampton's fire sale is going so much better than ours............. :D

They are probably leading in the fire-sale stakes if the Liverpool rumours come true: £9 million for Lambert is a Hughes of a deal, but getting shot of LeFondre is quietly impressive. I think we will overtake them if we can get anybody to take Pog, Guthrie or Drenthe off our hands.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 30 May 2014 11:03

“It was never my intention to leave,” said Le Fondre. “I’ve stated before my family is settled here but it’s just one of those things.

“The club is struggling financially and haven’t been able to offer me a new contract which I thought was coming last year.

“Then a bid came in from Cardiff and because of this tax bill it was too good to turn down.”

The striker added: “I know Nick Hammond and the gaffer didn’t want me to go.

“Nick was in touch with my agent and he passed on that the club didn’t want to lose me but they had no option.

“They couldn’t afford to keep me with the tax bill looming.”

Le Fondre added: “My three years at Reading have been an incredible time for me and my family. It’s been a great experience to venture down south and ply my trade at a high level.

“Reading were the club that took a chance on me. They brought me up from League 2 and hopefully I repaid them with the goals I scored.

“The fans have been great. I’ve had an overwhelming response. They didn’t like the fact I’ve gone to Cardiff but that’s just the way football is.

Well there you go, anyone doubting ALF. Real shame.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 May 2014 11:06

Fair fcuks.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 30 May 2014 11:58

AthleticoSpizz That would be soooo funny for any generic opposition players "miss-on-goal"

Soggy is really onto something there

Baaaooooowaaaa Adam Lallaaaaaana

Baaaooooowaaaa Victor Wanyaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Barack Obaaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Your striker from Ghaaaaaana

fans could also possibly throw banana's on the pitch at the same time just to add something light hearted to the moment

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 30 May 2014 12:10

Ian Royal
kwik-silva
Sanguine 42 appearances, 4 goals. Blackman makes early Shane Long look prolific.

He's not played many full games, and a lot of those have been out on the wing, though.

That's mainly because he's a shit striker and a shit winger. At best he's a good wide forward in an attacking three. But he's just not good enough to force that change of shape. Maybe, just maybe he'll come good if he's in Adkins plans for a system that will actually suit him.

But if we're playing him regularly as a winger or a striker, we're in for a season of disappointment. To steal a phrase from Floyd (I think) he's just bang average. And that's being generous. £1m+? That has to be one of the worst transfer deals of the last 10 years and we've had some stonkers.

He's missing a final ball, but so is Drenthe. I think he'll get there eventually

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 May 2014 12:53

soggy biscuit Baaaooooowaaaa Adam Lallaaaaaana

Baaaooooowaaaa Victor Wanyaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Barack Obaaaaaaama

Baaaooooowaaaa Your striker from Ghaaaaaana

Baaaooooowaaaa bankrupcy draaaaaaama.

Lord Jimmy Kebe

by Lord Jimmy Kebe » 30 May 2014 22:41

Such a shame that we sell off our top goal scorer for three consecutive seasons for something so silly as a tax bill, could not the sales of Pog, Drenthe and Carrico suffice?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 May 2014 22:52

Lord Jimmy Kebe Such a shame that we sell off our top goal scorer for three consecutive seasons for something so silly as a tax bill, could not the sales of Pog, Drenthe and Carrico suffice?

What's silly about a tax bill? Don't pay it and the club's in deep trouble.

Also, Pogrebnyak, Drenthe and Carrico haven't been sold, so they don't pay the bill that's staring us in the face now.

Lord Jimmy Kebe

by Lord Jimmy Kebe » 31 May 2014 00:12

Royal Ginger
Lord Jimmy Kebe Such a shame that we sell off our top goal scorer for three consecutive seasons for something so silly as a tax bill, could not the sales of Pog, Drenthe and Carrico suffice?

Also, Pogrebnyak, Drenthe and Carrico haven't been sold, so they don't pay the bill that's staring us in the face now.

What I mean is that the sale of one of the club's top, consistent performers might not have been necessary had we have sold Carrico, who has stated he does not want to play for the club and could easily raise good levels of finance after helping Sevilla to euro league victory, or Pogrebnyak, who would relieve some pressure of the wage bill, or Drenthe, who was supposedly meant to be sold earlier. It does not make a great deal of sense to sell a player of Le Fondre's proven calibre when there are other sources. Perhaps they will be sold anyway to help with the debt, I just feel like we could have made these transfers first and then address the issue of ownership so that we could keep the man.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 31 May 2014 00:22

Lord Jimmy Kebe
Royal Ginger

What I mean is that the sale of one of the club's top, consistent performers might not have been necessary had we have sold Carrico, who has stated he does not want to play for the club and could easily raise good levels of finance after helping Sevilla to euro league victory, or Pogrebnyak, who would relieve some pressure of the wage bill, or Drenthe, who was supposedly meant to be sold earlier. It does not make a great deal of sense to sell a player of Le Fondre's proven calibre when there are other sources. Perhaps they will be sold anyway to help with the debt, I just feel like we could have made these transfers first and then address the issue of ownership so that we could keep the man.

Slight problem with your thinking. Caricco is going but that fee isn't high enough for what we needed, and we can't sell the others if no one is willing to buy. We had an offer for Le Fondre and we had to take it.

796 posts