8685 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Royal Rother » 16 Jun 2014 20:12

Libertine
CholseyRoyal
ZacNaloen Other badly translated versions of that interview SEEM to suggest it's been on the burner for months but it suddenly became urgent

Interesting if so as it has kept Samuelson et al out of the club. I just hope it goes through without a hitch. If so it will be over to Nigel Adkins to take advantage of the situation in building up his own team at last.

Provided NA is in the frame after the sale. New owners (especially very wealthy ones) are notorious for cleaning house and getting their own (preferred) people in place. Don't get me wrong though...I am hoping NA keeps his job and is given a real chance this time with tangible resources.

I'm hoping NA is still in the job and is given the chance to bring through the club's Academy youngsters rather than spending loads on other clubs' players...

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 16 Jun 2014 20:15

Yes but we need a blend of youth and experience though.

I hope Nigel is kept on, he had an extremely raw deal last year yet never complained. All credit to the man. He now deserves a chance to prove himself and good luck to him.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 16 Jun 2014 20:18

CholseyRoyal
blythspartan Doesn't look like we have a new owner yet according to BBC and Tim Dellor??

Is Tim Dellor still saying that it is only an exclusivity deal that has been signed? When he first mentioned it was, it was valid only until tomorrow.

Having just read that interesting translation above, it seems it was a very much spur of the moment decision. Maybe he wanted a cooling off period, oh and please, no puns about him being sweaty :D

You enter an exclusivity deal in order for both sides to complete due diligence and to confirm the contractual small print. On the outside, buyers have to complete the FPP test

It's progress and normal. If you were dropping 35m I suspect you'd want to make sure

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by multisync1830 » 16 Jun 2014 20:21

CholseyRoyal I love that article if it is true.

Bought us on the spur of the moment? mmmm SJM obviously spotted a keen footballer though which is very good news!

I suspect there was more than a hint of need to as much as want to (same as last time)

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Jun 2014 20:24

UpThePrem http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Police-United-chief-Sumrit-reveals-sweaty-details--30236405.html

"The chairman happened to see me dripping with sweat and then called me in to discuss the deal with him personally"

Dirty old scrote.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Jun 2014 20:24

Thread title says "Confirmed".
Confirmed by who exactly? Dopey Dave-Royal?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Jun 2014 20:27

I feel the article is probably stretching the truth a bit, but that's fine if he has money and is committed.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Jun 2014 20:27

And it wouldnt be the first time either alledgedly......

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 16 Jun 2014 20:28

has anyone figured out yet how much he is worth?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Jun 2014 20:28

loyalroyaldaz Thread title says "Confirmed".

:|

Picture signing the contract not enough? Granted it requires final FL sign-off, but it's otherwise done.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Jun 2014 20:29

And Re: on the spur of the moment.

That article says his lawyers informed him they should close the deal, which suggests to me they were well aware of the availability of the club and had been keeping an eye on it.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Jun 2014 20:30

USA_Loyal_Royal has anyone figured out yet how much he is worth?

Gazza recons just shy of £4bn.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 16 Jun 2014 20:30

The only figure there really is is the capital value of his investment company, but that won't be all his money, which is shy of 4 billion but this deal isn't just him on his own. There are Malaysians and Indians involved with this buyout which may make up the difference if his personal wealth isn't all that much to write home about as well.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jun 2014 20:34

Hallelujah!

Now may the bun-fights begin

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 16 Jun 2014 20:36

So apparently SJM chose him but I was under the impression that BTG was in control of the sale. Was it therefore a case of whoever made the sale first, which covered the Vibrac loan was the winner???

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jun 2014 20:40

UpThePrem
Sumrit, who made his fortune in the insurance business, mentioned plans to send young players from his Thai club to train at Reading for six months, starting with midfielder Poklao Anan, who has already obtained a visa for his England on July 1.

"Some said that if Poklao stayed with us he would gain more experience from playing week in week out. But I think he's still not good in terms of fitness. A stint at Reading will definitely help him improve in that aspect."

I know I've taken the piss a bit on the other thread but I actually see this as a positive. It's almost like work experience but he's thinking about what is best for the player and his other club long term. If he brings that sort of mentality to Reading, it can only be good thing

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Jun 2014 20:40

ZacNaloen

The only figure there really is is the capital value of his investment company, but that won't be all his money, which is shy of 4 billion but this deal isn't just him on his own. There are Malaysians and Indians involved with this buyout which may make up the difference if his personal wealth isn't all that much to write home about as well.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Jun 2014 20:42

SPARTA
loyalroyaldaz Thread title says "Confirmed".

:|

Picture signing the contract not enough? Granted it requires final FL sign-off, but it's otherwise done.

Did the picture appear on the OS then? Oh i must have missed it!

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 16 Jun 2014 20:42

I'm just looking forward to the fun and games with a ping-pong ball at half time.. :oops:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jun 2014 20:47

winchester_royal Charles and Jonny have gone very quiet... :?

8685 posts