Next seasons kit choice?

6045 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by sandman » 08 Jul 2014 11:00

No Fixed Abode IMO, only kids should be allowed to wear the latest shirt. Adults are allowed to wear a retro one or better still, not one.

Do you like your men shirtless kes?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jul 2014 11:22

sandman
No Fixed Abode IMO, only kids should be allowed to wear the latest shirt. Adults are allowed to wear a retro one or better still, not one.

Do you like your men shirtless kes?

Only if they have a gr8 pair of moobs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2014 12:26

Mansell inspires new strip

With hoops front and back of the home shirt and a traditional collar - the Royals' new strip for the 2014/15 campaign gained inspiration from some of the greatest moments in the club's history - and from one man in particular!

Jack Mansell took over as Reading manager in 1969 - and as well as turning the Biscuitmen into a high scoring outfit, brought back the traditional hoops - following a four year period in which the club played in an unusual sky blue number.

The build up to the reveal of our kits has been marked by a series of 'Royal Memories' videos on our official YouTube channel - where key figures from the strips that inspired the current jerseys spoke about their memories of representing the Royals and told what it meant to pull on the hoops. View all the videos via the links below.

To take a look at the new shirts click here. You can tweet us your thoughts via @readingfc using #ThanksJack.

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/thanks-jack-the-story-behind-the-shirt...-1720459.aspx#wgvPXK9tZcbKfIZd.99

Is the kit available now, if not when is it actually going to be available.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 08 Jul 2014 12:33

I actually quite like the home shirt, and I don't mind the red flashes on it (even though I appreci8 it's not quite the traditional all blue and white). I would have preferred the two coloured hoops to be the same width though.

Not so sure about the away shirt, will have to see what that blue/grey colour looks like in the flesh before I make my mind up on it.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Jul 2014 13:45

Sutekh Mansell inspires new strip

#ThanksJack.

OK. That's bollocks. But at least they've realised that we want hoops.

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 08 Jul 2014 15:49

If thats what you're into, I'd rather our fans remained clothed

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jul 2014 16:03

JayRoyal

If thats what you're into, I'd rather our fans remained clothed

Gr8 bantz. Somebody already cracked this terrible joke.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jul 2014 16:28

It was a genuine question m8 not a joke.

What with you posting that gif the other week of your favourite pop singer I just wondered if that was generally how you liked your men.

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 08 Jul 2014 16:30

sandman It was a genuine question m8 not a joke.

What with you posting that gif the other week of your favourite pop singer I just wondered if that was generally how you liked your men.

I think he just takes whatever he can get at this stage

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Jul 2014 17:34

What is Kes' opinion on adults trying (and failing) to wind up people on an internet forum :?:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jul 2014 17:42

Don't know but he has quite a bit of experience in the field. Wasn't trying to wind him up anyway.

Why do you have a bug up your butt the size of a small country?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jul 2014 18:25

winchester_royal What is Kes' opinion on adults trying (and failing) to wind up people on an internet forum :?:

I don't think anyone is trying to wind anyone up on this board tbh. People have different opinions in life and things in general. If you get wound up by comments on new football kits for example, which you have as you've made this comment, I think you need to take a look at yourself rather than try and put the onus on someone else.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Jul 2014 18:27

sandman It was a genuine question m8 not a joke.

A man of your age shouldn't get wound up about comments on a football kit that they have to resort to this sort of response. :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 08 Jul 2014 19:09

No Fixed Abode
winchester_royal What is Kes' opinion on adults trying (and failing) to wind up people on an internet forum :?:

I don't think anyone is trying to wind anyone up on this board tbh. People have different opinions in life and things in general. If you get wound up by comments on new football kits for example, which you have as you've made this comment, I think you need to take a look at yourself rather than try and put the onus on someone else.

:lol:

That's a decent effort tbf

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2014 20:38

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
RoyalBlue I wouldn't call an extra fiver on top of £40 quite low inflation!

12.5% increase across 10 - 15 years is far far below RPI in the same time. Hell, RPI was about 5.7% in just one year not that long ago. Maths has never been your strong point, has it.

You really are an utter **** aren't you. Mr pompous git personified. Always have to throw in an insult rather than just argue your point. Just what exactly do you know about my mathematical ability!

How long ago was inflation at that point? And which figure, from the several that our politicians like to switch between to suit their needs, are you relying on? I assume you are also aware that the headline inflation figures relate to a 'basket' of items and that there is a specific index for clothing. So what has clothing price inflation been running at? Are you really claiming that shirts were £40 ten to fifteen years ago?!

Finally, I was addressing the fact that there has been a big hike in shirt prices this time around and that £45 is a lot of money for a very cheaply producible walking advertisement, which will be out of date and selling for a tenner about eight month's after it is first available. And yes, I will be exercising my 'right' not to buy!

If you're going to criticise someone for being rude, probably not a good idea to be actively abusive in the process.

I think you'll see that I told you what figure I was relying on. R (etail) P (rice) I (ndex). The one that relates to the industry I happen to work in so am familiar with.

As for when?
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/cpi/consu ... -2011.html

yes, I am claiming shirts were £40 10 to 15 years ago. In fact, my recollection is that they cost £40 in 1997, more than 15 years ago. They certainly weren't less than £30. And returning to the point you responded to, they've certainly been £40 for a number of years. Which makes it rather stupid to complain that they go up by more than inflation in one year, when they've not gone up at all in a number of previous years.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it or wait for the sales. It's hardy essential wear.

What I know of your mathematical ability is purely based on the aptitude you (don't) display on here.

Hope that was pompous enough for you, wouldn't want to disappoint.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 09 Jul 2014 16:32

If people are "exercising their right not to buy", then what the oxf*rd are they moaning about the price for?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 Jul 2014 16:59

Readingfanman If people are "exercising their right not to buy", then what the oxf*rd are they moaning about the price for?

What's the point of righteous indignation if you can't tell everybody about it?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 09 Jul 2014 17:17

The kits look quite good in person.

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 09 Jul 2014 17:43

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 09 Jul 2014 18:09

winchester_royal
The kits look quite good in person.

Agreed, thought it looked quite cheap in the release pictures but that collar really looks quite good.

6045 posts