Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Brum Royal » 17 Jul 2014 16:47

genome My sources are telling me that a new signing will be unveiled simultaneously:

The lad on the right looks like he could be a decent player, not so sure about the other four though.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Royalwaster » 17 Jul 2014 16:56

10539.4 Miles Away From what I have heard (no its not from twatter and I realise I could be proven massively wrong here very quickly) we are nowhere near a finalised deal.

To go a little further (again just repeating what I have been told), if a deal happens in the near future I'd be gobsmacked if it was with Samrit. Neither of his companies Billion Investment Group or Promise Insurance have licenses in HK or Thailand.

Looks like you were massively wrong.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Jul 2014 16:57

Pseud O'Nym
Extended-Phenotype JM was chairman during the Anton era

HTH

Which means precisely nothing. Plenty of company chairmen are just figureheads, or names to stick in brochures. He didn't run the club day to day before he sold it, can't see why on earth anyone would think he did after.

He had a say in how things operated though, much like he did while chairman during Anton's ownership. Daft to think that a 49% shareholder and chairman of the board had zero input.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 17 Jul 2014 17:03

905 year old Thai business woman to make a last minute 25.4 million bid according to my sources. Dellor backs this up also, make of it what you will.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2014 17:04

Extended-Phenotype
Pseud O'Nym
Extended-Phenotype JM was chairman during the Anton era

HTH

Which means precisely nothing. Plenty of company chairmen are just figureheads, or names to stick in brochures. He didn't run the club day to day before he sold it, can't see why on earth anyone would think he did after.

He had a say in how things operated though, much like he did while chairman during Anton's ownership. Daft to think that a 49% shareholder and chairman of the board had zero input.

I'm sure he did have a say, but that doesn't mean he was listened to. The evidence is the signing Drenthe and to a lesser degree Pog. There is no way that Madejski would have been happy with those two signing.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 Jul 2014 17:07

Royalwaster
10539.4 Miles Away From what I have heard (no its not from twatter and I realise I could be proven massively wrong here very quickly) we are nowhere near a finalised deal.

To go a little further (again just repeating what I have been told), if a deal happens in the near future I'd be gobsmacked if it was with Samrit. Neither of his companies Billion Investment Group or Promise Insurance have licenses in HK or Thailand.

Hey, some you win, some you lose. Looks like my info was duff but I did what I thought was right by sharing it on here. Looking forward to a great future now, the preseason tour of thailand next year (coup dependant) will be right on my doorstep :)

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 17 Jul 2014 17:09

M Brook
It's probably just a coincidence but, apparently, his outspoken opposition to Qatar being given the 2022 WC has disappeared since a) he signed for one last pay day to Qatari funded PSG and b) Qatari money was promised to fund his Miami project.

Is that the massive pay day he donated to charity? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21281665

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2014 17:10

10539.4 Miles Away
Royalwaster

Hey, some you win, some you lose. Looks like my info was duff but I did what I thought was right by sharing it on here. Looking forward to a great future now, the preseason tour of thailand next year (coup dependant) will be right on my doorstep :)

That's one hell of a big doorstep that you have.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 Jul 2014 17:16

3500miles? We're practically neighbours :)

G'La

by G'La » 17 Jul 2014 17:54

YES!!!!!!!!

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 17 Jul 2014 17:56

Wycombe Royal
Extended-Phenotype He had a say in how things operated though, much like he did while chairman during Anton's ownership. Daft to think that a 49% shareholder and chairman of the board had zero input.

I'm sure he did have a say, but that doesn't mean he was listened to. The evidence is the signing Drenthe and to a lesser degree Pog. There is no way that Madejski would have been happy with those two signing.

And he certainly wasn't happy with Brian's sacking. 9% or 49% it's still a minority holding, so daft to think he could call the shots.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 17 Jul 2014 18:01

tidus_mi2 Sw*ndon your conformity, I'm censoring myself from now on in my own Sw*ndon creative way.

No need to be such an Ars*nal about it though, makes you look a complete Ch*lsea.

@sonkimarsson

by @sonkimarsson » 17 Jul 2014 18:15

Samrit self-confirms the deal on facebook... :)

philM

by philM » 17 Jul 2014 18:16

@sonkimarsson Samrit self-confirms the deal on facebook... :)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2014 18:54

Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal
11/12 - Madejski sells the controlling share to Anton at the end of the season. Anton is in charge and oversees overspending on high profile players who under perform
12/13 - Anton is in charge. We overspend and underachieve. Anton fails to pull together the investment he thought he'd get from his other rich kid buddies that was going to fund the rest of the buyout and his ambitions.
13/14 1st half - Anton hasn't the money to complete the buyout or continue running us at the loss he's made us operate at. He takes out the loan with Vibrac as an advance on parachute payments to cover the wages he can't pay.
13/14 2nd half - Anton has done a runner, Madejski takes back over and tries to deal with the mess he's been left
Now - Madejski is in the process of selling. Vibrac are being awkward. Samrit is threatening to walk. Samuelson is being sinister. HNA is over-reacting to the barest hint of anything.

HTH

JM was chairman during the Anton era

HTH

But wasn't the one calling the shots.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 17 Jul 2014 19:15

How many foreign buyouts have ended up in tears people? If this news is true, I'm glad that the club is now back in the black but, we suddenly enter a new and uncharted territory. I hope that an Asian who has no ties to RFC will do right by the club. The next year will tell (although, we will never know, will we?) If the money comes in to make us a Promotion Team, I will be convinced.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Jul 2014 19:19

FridaysGhost How many foreign buyouts have ended up in tears people? If this news is true, I'm glad that the club is now back in the black but, we suddenly enter a new and uncharted territory. I hope that an Asian who has no ties to RFC will do right by the club. The next year will tell (although, we will never know, will we?) If the money comes in to make us a Promotion Team, I will be convinced.

That's settled then.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Jul 2014 19:26

I don't believe for one second he didn't have a say in the shots or disagreed with them but there you go.

Just because you aren't the majority share holder doesn't mean you are powerless.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Jul 2014 19:28

Well it's got to be marginally better than the limbo we currently sit in hasn't it?!

Lets hope Adkins already has some targets lined up & we can get the deals done quickly.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Jul 2014 19:29

It's been hours and still Samrit has not accepted my friend request.
Is he getting cold feet you have to wonder...

8685 posts