Football Rumours Shoite thread

1031 posts
Mr.Swainey

Re: Football Rumours Shoite thread

by Mr.Swainey » 13 Aug 2014 19:54

sandman
St. Brynjar I'd much rather have a McCarthy who spoons it once a game than a Federici who routinely fails to deal with simple shots.

It's not once a game though mate it's becoming regular and ridiculous, to the point where people have started to laugh at him.

:|

I can barely recount McCarthy spooning any shots into the net. I can for Federici, he cost us at least 12 points at the start of the Premier League season.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 13 Aug 2014 22:48

Nameless They've both got weaknesses, that's why they are Championship players.

Federici's are weaknesses in fairly key keeping skills, McCarthy's in an important, but secondary area.

Agree that when McCarthy miskicks and creates a situation where none existed it becomes serious. But when Feds leaves his near post exposed or doesn't come for a cross those are much more fundamental issues.

They are both good keepers, I'm happy with either and many clubs would love to have a pair as good.

If one or the other can improve their weaknesses it would be brilliant, suspect Feds is too set in his ways and i'dhope a lot of effort has been put into MCarthy's distribution but there is no obvious progress.

Not so sure there's been no progress. McCarthy's throwing distribution was excellent last night, so there has been progress there

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 17:32

Mr.Swainey
sandman
St. Brynjar I'd much rather have a McCarthy who spoons it once a game than a Federici who routinely fails to deal with simple shots.

It's not once a game though mate it's becoming regular and ridiculous, to the point where people have started to laugh at him.

I can barely recount McCarthy spooning any shots into the net. I can for Federici, he cost us at least 12 points at the start of the Premier League season.

As much as I hate to defend sandman, I think they're talking about spooning kicks.

Of course, it's not like Federici never kicks it out of play either. Or like he never kicked it straight to the opposition to concede a goal.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 Aug 2014 18:22

Ian Royal
Mr.Swainey
sandman

As much as I hate to defend sandman, I think they're talking about spooning kicks.

Of course, it's not like Federici never kicks it out of play either. Or like he never kicked it straight to the opposition to concede a goal.

I was about to bring this up. Forest at home a few years ago springs to mind.

I'm actually a big Federici fan and I think he was superb in the second half of the Prem season. But McCarthy is a better goalkeeper.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 18:25

I'm quite open that I think they're largely the same standard, with McCarthy edging it. McCarthy has more potential to improve and Federici has hit his peak. I'm also quite open that I don't actively like Federici for non-footballing reasons.

Fed has the shirt though, so it's his to lose for now. Either going is fine. McCarthy would be a bigger loss, but he's perhaps lost a little of his edge over Fed in the last year. I just don't see anyone wanting Federici for an amount we'd actually sell him for, because I don't see him really being worth big money.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Aug 2014 19:47

If you're 'quite open about it' maybe you could explain why you don't like Federici for non footballing reasons. You might have done already but not seen it myself and curious.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Aug 2014 19:57

Of course Federici has made mistakes distribution wise as well but they are nowhere near as frequent as Mccarthy makes his.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 20:50

Norfolk Royal If you're 'quite open about it' maybe you could explain why you don't like Federici for non footballing reasons. You might have done already but not seen it myself and curious.

I don't like how he comes across. I think he's a bit of a prick. Things he's said, the way he goes about things. His face. His weight. I just don't like the guy. Good keeper though.

And McCarthy's mistakes in conceding cheap goals are not as frequent as Federici's sandman. Which is a bit more important than kicking.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Aug 2014 00:09

Ian Royal
Norfolk Royal If you're 'quite open about it' maybe you could explain why you don't like Federici for non footballing reasons. You might have done already but not seen it myself and curious.

I don't like how he comes across. I think he's a bit of a prick. Things he's said, the way he goes about things. His face. His weight. I just don't like the guy. Good keeper though.

And McCarthy's mistakes in conceding cheap goals are not as frequent as Federici's sandman. Which is a bit more important than kicking.

How does he come across?
What's he said?
How does he go about things?
What's wrong with his face?
Is he overweight?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Aug 2014 06:17

My view is the club can't justify keeping both of them, one will need to be sold. Most likely to be sold with the best price is McCarthy, hence why Feds started the league game.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 15 Aug 2014 07:58

Poll please :P

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Aug 2014 11:31

paultheroyal
Ian Royal

How does he come across?
What's he said?
Is he overweight?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Aug 2014 12:30

Big Ern My view is the club can't justify keeping both of them, one will need to be sold. Most likely to be sold with the best price is McCarthy, hence why Feds started the league game.

Well exactly, but people just don't want to hear it Ern, they really don't. :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Aug 2014 13:38

English football in the dark ages as usual, kicking matters just as much these days Ian. Who is the best keeper in the world today? Neuer. And one of the big reasons for that is that he's just as good distributing the ball as he is in the other areas of his game.

This is a wider issue than Fed vs Mccarthy it's about you and others tipping Mccarthy to be a top keeper and ignoring one of the biggest attributes a top class modern keeper needs to succeed.

His mistakes have led to relatively few goals against so far but you can only go on throwing the ball to the opposition's CF or shanking a kick mid way in to your own half for so long before you get punished regularly. Especially the higher up the levels you go.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2014 13:43

leww_rfc Poll please :P

You're welcome.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2014 18:03

paultheroyal
Ian Royal

How does he come across?
What's he said?
Is he overweight?

It's all stuff you can see for yourself in the public domain. You're not supposed to have to agree with it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Aug 2014 10:35

paultheroyal
How does he come across? like a bit of a prick
What's he said? all sorts
How does he go about things?the wrong way
What's wrong with his face?its fat
Is he overweight?see previous

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:19

melonhead
paultheroyal
How does he come across? like a bit of a prick
What's he said? all sorts
How does he go about things?the wrong way
What's wrong with his face?its fat
Is he overweight?see previous

:lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

RUMOUR - McCleary to Cardiff

by TBM » 18 Aug 2014 00:27

Reading winger Gareth McCleary has become the latest player to be linked to a move to Cardiff City. Having already signed Adam Le Fondre and Sean Morrison from the Royals, the bluebirds are now lining up a £1.5m bid for the Jamaican star

:x fcuk off you inbred welsh pcunts

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - McCleary to Cardiff

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 18 Aug 2014 00:36

jesus if we sell mccleary to them too we are oxf*rd. where was this rumour from?

1031 posts