Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2014 12:48

You don't know what you're talking abaht.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Aug 2014 13:42

Still, 4m for Morro, 2.5m for ALF, wages saved on Jobi, Kebe, Legs and Roberts, Reading apparently now debt-free and owned by a rich Thai consortium - you would hope that a few more players come through the door at least, rather than us having to rely on what, our Academy? HectoROFL, EdwaROFLds and those other chaps who can't even get on the pitch as a substitute? KuhLOL - a midfielder who can't get a game ahead of Akpan in an injury ravaged midfield? Hmm, nah - lets go with investing the money in players, thanks - the academy is fine for knocking out the odd promise once in a blue moon but I'd sooner not rely on that for building the team.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 15 Aug 2014 14:06

floyd__streete
Ian ROFLoyal. Was bloated but it is now anorexic that it makes Karen Carpenter look like Bella Emburg.

Cant we make that call when we go at least a small period of time without half a dozen injuries?
We're beginning to resemble a typical championship side, tbh - A couple of premiership hanger ons, a few players who have been here a while, some potential stars, some absolute dross, a few speculative punts that may or may not work out with the shortfall made up by youth. You don't ignore your U21s when they've made waves the season before. I don't know what league you're following, but for the championship we have a decent squad. Sure we're getting outmuscled by Cardiff if they want to give us x million for a couple of our players, let them, but we're not disadvantaged against the majority of this league - including many looking for promotion. Would you say we're more anaemic than our rivals on Saturday, for instance?

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 15 Aug 2014 14:07

Platypuss You don't know what you're talking abaht.

A rare case of somebody answering a post 54 minutes before its been written.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Aug 2014 14:24

Zana Badawi
Platypuss You don't know what you're talking abaht.

A rare case of somebody answering a post 54 minutes before its been written.

Didn't say much that can be disputed tbf. We did sell players for those amounts, we are making a saving on wages letting those players go so we do have money to invest. We aren't seeing good enough results from the academy to be the primary source for first team players. It's fair to say Hector, Edwards and Kuhl are supposed to be the best of the recent crop yet they struggle to impress or even make an appearance, despite all our injuries. With that in mind, reinvesting the money on players seems a no-brainer.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Aug 2014 15:32

We will know the owners intentions over the next 1/2 weeks. Morrison money has to be re-invested. We are crying out for a quality CB and a natural LB.

JIM

by JIM » 15 Aug 2014 17:40

you know what will happen as before . win a game and the purse strings tighten. never any forward thinking .Maybe this time it will be different.No sign of any more arrivals for the time being,but I live in hope.We should have put a sell on sell on sell on clause for Shane Long. 12 mill wow

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 15 Aug 2014 19:58

madstadblues Looking forward to the new owners injecting a little bit of Thai culture round the Madstad. From my experience of visiting the country I guess we can look forward to:

* A new look approach to firing ... RFC branded ping pong balls

* Reading buses investing in a new fleet of tuk-tuk's

LOLZ. Actually tuk-tuks in The 'Ding would be *awesome*.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Aug 2014 19:59

JIM you know what will happen as before . win a game and the purse strings tighten. never any forward thinking .Maybe this time it will be different.No sign of any more arrivals for the time being,but I live in hope.We should have put a sell on sell on sell on clause for Shane Long. 12 mill wow

A sell on clause for every club he goes to?

Cool.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Aug 2014 21:58

Extended-Phenotype Still, 4m for Morro, 2.5m for ALF, wages saved on Jobi, Kebe, Legs and Roberts, Reading apparently now debt-free and owned by a rich Thai consortium - you would hope that a few more players come through the door at least, rather than us having to rely on what, our Academy? HectoROFL, EdwaROFLds and those other chaps who can't even get on the pitch as a substitute? KuhLOL - a midfielder who can't get a game ahead of Akpan in an injury ravaged midfield? Hmm, nah - lets go with investing the money in players, thanks - the academy is fine for knocking out the odd promise once in a blue moon but I'd sooner not rely on that for building the team.

Sticking LOL into players names is no substitute for accurate facts and a well argued point.

Sadly for you....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Aug 2014 10:32

Extended-Phenotype Still, 4m for Morro, 2.5m for ALF, wages saved on Jobi, Kebe, Legs and Roberts, Reading apparently now debt-free and owned by a rich Thai consortium - you would hope that a few more players come through the door at least, rather than us having to rely on what, our Academy? HectoROFL, EdwaROFLds and those other chaps who can't even get on the pitch as a substitute? KuhLOL - a midfielder who can't get a game ahead of Akpan in an injury ravaged midfield? Hmm, nah - lets go with investing the money in players, thanks - the academy is fine for knocking out the odd promise once in a blue moon but I'd sooner not rely on that for building the team.

weird floyd parody account

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 13:21

Just heard from a guy who 'might' know.... Apparently the Thais have been deemed fit and proper by the football league now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Aug 2014 13:25

Hurrah.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Aug 2014 13:45

I'm seeing way more people of east Asian descent around town. Are they everywhere or am i just noticing more of their brand like when you buy a new car?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Aug 2014 13:49

Royal Ginger I'm seeing way more people of east Asian descent around town. Are they everywhere or am i just noticing more of their brand like when you buy a new car?

There have been loads in and around the university in the past few weeks. Some kind of international summer school I think

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 20:00

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Aug 2014 20:05

Like how SJM quickly mumbles her name at the start.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 20:08

Oh she's lovely.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 20:13

The last 30 seconds are fcuking hilarious.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Aug 2014 20:17

12 minutes of nothing.

8685 posts