We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5850 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Sep 2014 16:36

genome Christ Kes, how did you figure that out?

So why such small time mentality that people who support another team in a different division think it's great Man Utd losing? I genuinely feel embarrassed when I've visited the Mad Stad before and the fans let out a big cheer when one of the 'big' teams are losing. It's understandable if it's a local rival or a result that affects your season.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Sep 2014 16:42

No Fixed Abode

So why such small time mentality that people who support another team in a different division think it's great Man Utd losing? I genuinely feel embarrassed when I've visited the Mad Stad before and the fans let out a big cheer when one of the 'big' teams are losing. It's understandable if it's a local rival or a result that affects your season.

One might ask why you, despite Chelsea's recent success, why you are so small time in your mentality that you still cheer Liverpool losing. It's understandable if it's a local rival or a result that affects your season, but Liverpool have been shit for ages.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Sep 2014 17:02

Sanguine
No Fixed Abode

One might ask why you, despite Chelsea's recent success, why you are so small time in your mentality that you still cheer Liverpool losing. It's understandable if it's a local rival or a result that affects your season, but Liverpool have been shit for ages.

But they're in the same Division as Chelsea and their results directly or indirectly affect us. :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Sep 2014 17:12

General Football
Use this forum to discuss general football matters

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2014 12:48

jd82
YateleyRoyal
jd82
That's not really what happened, they were still 2-3 up after the dodgy penalty. It wasn't that they were pushing forward, they just fell to pieces and Leicester grew in confidence.

Remind me how the last two goals were scored? Was it that Man Utd had everyone forward and Leicester countered?

To continue your snippy tone, remind me how the 3rd goal was scored. Shambolic defending, people standing watching the ball, no counter attack. Yes the next two goals were on the counter, but again, down to Utd's naivety, not down to a mistake 15/20 minutes earlier from the ref.

Was this not a lucky bounce which, could have gone anywhere, but just happened to fall straight into the path of EC?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Sep 2014 13:19

Van Gaal's first six games:
League opponents - Burnley, Leicester, QPR, Sunderland, Swansea
Cup opponents - MK Dons
Wins - 1
Players signed - Shaw, Falcao, Rojo, Di Maria, Herrera, Blind

Moyes' first six games:
League opponents - Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Crystal Palace
Cup opponents - Liverpool
Wins - 3
Players signed - Fellaini

United also thrashed Leverkusen in the CL in Moyes first few weeks in charge.

Van Gaal has got an easy ride from fans considering his start and transfer budget. All about a big name, isn't it.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 23 Sep 2014 13:55

Hendo
Was this not a lucky bounce which, could have gone anywhere, but just happened to fall straight into the path of EC?

The final bounce was a shot that fell to EC, yes. But, from 6:50, http://youtu.be/VjXex8Sfkz4
tell me that isn't shambolic defending.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2014 15:52

jd82
Hendo

The final bounce was a shot that fell to EC, yes. But, from 6:50, http://youtu.be/VjXex8Sfkz4

Oh don't get me wrong, it was poor defending, but the incident that led directly to the goal was a lucky bounce that happened to fall into the path of the oncoming player. If the bounce hadn't been so lucky then the ball may have been hacked clear and the defence could regroup.

Not all poor defending results in a goal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Sep 2014 16:14

Hendo
jd82
Hendo

Oh don't get me wrong, it was poor defending, but the incident that led directly to the goal was a lucky bounce that happened to fall into the path of the oncoming player. If the bounce hadn't been so lucky then the ball may have been hacked clear and the defence could regroup.

I've just forced myself to watch that incident again and Utd had three very good chances to remove the ball from the area (and thus avoid a goal being scored).

They didn't and the 'lucky bounce' to Cambiasso was an attempt, by a Leicester player, to control the ball before shooting. He only couldn't do so because Cambiasso stepped in. Don't see much of a lucky bounce there - unless you compare the lucky shot by Di Maria that Herrerer back-heeled in to the 'control' that fell into Cambiasso's path

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 23 Sep 2014 19:22

Hendo
jd82
Hendo

Um, well quite. Not all good attacking ends in goals. Not really sure what your point is.

There are lucky/unlucky bounces all over the pitch for 90+ minutes. If you're saying Utds capitul8on is anything other that their own fault I can't agree with you.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Sep 2014 20:18

No Fixed Abode

Everyone loves an underdog, but you know that's the reason.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Sep 2014 20:40

Royal Ginger
No Fixed Abode

Everyone loves an underdog, but you know that's the reason.

So why were many on here supporting Bayern when we beat them in the Champions League Final in 2012, in their own back yard? I'm pretty sure not everyone loves an underdog.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Sep 2014 20:46

Probably because people like winding you up.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2014 20:53

and Chelsea are the exception to the rule

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Sep 2014 21:05

I think while people love an underdog they also tend to hate a pcunt

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 23 Sep 2014 22:18

Winchester Royal Probably because people like winding you up.

AthleticoSpizz and Chelsea are the exception to the rule

Silver Fox I think while people love an underdog they also tend to hate a pcunt

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Sep 2014 11:53

With regards to the thread title they are certainly doing what they want!

They are now arranging midweek friendlies to fill the void of European and Capital One Cup
action - :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Sep 2014 15:30

With most of the squad in various levels of 'fitness', this isn't a bad idea. The likes of Shaw, RVP and Falcao will get sharper for more games.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2014 13:37

paultheroyal With regards to the thread title they are certainly doing what they want!

They are now arranging midweek friendlies to fill the void of European and Capital One Cup
action - :lol:

The void in the accounts from no European football revenue is the only thing they are trying to fill. Nothing to do with fans or players.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Oct 2014 15:11

If its nothing to do with players, what sort of team would you expect them to field?

5850 posts