DANNY GUTHRIE

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: DANNY GUTHRIE

by sandman » 29 Jan 2015 19:32

SCIAG
floyd__streete
From JF
So @DannySGuthrie was told by #readingfc last week he could leave on loan. Club also gave the green light to his tweet to find a new club

Wonderful news! Rotten apple who should have been shipped out the very moment he refused to play at Sunderland.

Good riddance.

:|

Hasn't had a bad game for us.
Condemning people for their poor mental health is pretty low.

Poor mental health :lol: have a day off.

He's a trouble maker who thinks far too much of himself. Remember when moving here was going to help him force his way into the England squad?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Jan 2015 19:41

Gilksy
biff thank god. what an idiotic thing to do none the less. Get rid.

He has form for being a spaz on social media. If we can get him off the wage bill as well, it's been a good month.

"Spaz". That takes me back about 40 years. Do people still say that these days? I can also just about remember "homo" and "coloureds".
(Shivers.)

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2015 20:01

Good riddance to him

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2015 20:05

Not surprising. Good player ruined for us by injury and mismanagement.

Best of luck to him, shame it never worked out here.

icelandboy

Danny Guthrie allowed to leave on loan

by icelandboy » 29 Jan 2015 21:11

Jonny Fordham has tweeted that Guthrie has been told by the club he can go on loan.

@JonnyFordham
· 5h 5 hours ago
So @DannySGuthrie was told by #readingfc last week he could leave on loan. Club also gave the green light to his tweet to find a new club
Last edited by icelandboy on 29 Jan 2015 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Danny Gutrie allowed to leave on loan

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2015 21:13

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Jan 2015 00:38

FFS all my favourite players are leaving. Drenthe, ALF, Morro and now Guthrie. If Williams and McCleary leave then I'm done with this club :x

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 30 Jan 2015 07:21

Ian Royal Not surprising. Good player ruined for us by injury and mismanagement.

Totally agreed. Few players have had such poor treatment at the hands of the management here. We don't know what was going on when he told Fester he couldn't play at Sunderland - I can imagine that he might well have been totally unprepared for an unexpected call up, and might have been in quite a dark place given the way his career was going.

Good boss: "Danny, we've ignored you for months, but tomorrow I really need you to play. Are you prepared? Will you be able to go out and give me 100%?"

Bad boss: "Right Danny. You're playing. Get your boots. Whadda mean you're not sure you're mentally ready? Just wait 'till Dellor hears about this."

FWIW he's just about the best post-match interviewee we have (or, as it's now looking, had). Rather than a connect-the-dots set of clichés like the rest of them, Danny actually thought about what he was saying, was totally honest, interesting and informative. (Danny Williams is pretty good too).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jan 2015 07:46

Armadillo Roadkill
Ian Royal Not surprising. Good player ruined for us by injury and mismanagement.

Totally agreed. Few players have had such poor treatment at the hands of the management here. We don't know what was going on when he told Fester he couldn't play at Sunderland - I can imagine that he might well have been totally unprepared for an unexpected call up, and might have been in quite a dark place given the way his career was going.

Good boss: "Danny, we've ignored you for months, but tomorrow I really need you to play. Are you prepared? Will you be able to go out and give me 100%?"

Bad boss: "Right Danny. You're playing. Get your boots. Whadda mean you're not sure you're mentally ready? Just wait 'till Dellor hears about this."

FWIW he's just about the best post-match interviewee we have (or, as it's now looking, had). Rather than a connect-the-dots set of clichés like the rest of them, Danny actually thought about what he was saying, was totally honest, interesting and informative. (Danny Williams is pretty good too).

Fully agree with both and all of what is said above. If he is to be regarded as a waste of money then it is largely the fault of the management at the club and not him.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 30 Jan 2015 07:55

Been here for God knows how long.
In that time he has done the square root of zilch. (Apart from being injured) Glad SC has Sussed him out.

Goodbye Guthrie. (Don't fancy taking that Russian with you, do you?)

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 30 Jan 2015 08:51

Another one of the utter waste of money signings made in the Anton era that I will be only too glad to see the back of.
A player tailor made for the phrase "flatter to deceive".

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Jan 2015 09:04

Has there ever been a player who has more excuses made for him than Danny Guthrie? He has been an absolute waste of a high wage, terrible temperament and a poor team player.

The likes of Ian Royal seem to think he is this great, deep lying, Pirlo/Alonso type creative midfielder. In reality he was a Premier League squad player who has a very inflated opinion of his ability.

He epitomises the excess of the Zingarevich era just as much as Pog and Drenthe. In fact, he and his attitude are one of the main catalysts of RFC's current fall
Last edited by sandman on 30 Jan 2015 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jan 2015 09:13

Armadillo Roadkill

What a load of shit.

He contributed nothing on the pitch except two yard passes playing people (usually central defenders) into trouble, massively telegraphed Hollywood passes that always allowed the opposition to get their shape and then tantrums at his team mates when the above failed. All done at the pace of a snail dragging the entire team down because he HAD to be the focal point of the team.

Mismanagement my arse. And I couldn't give a shit if he gives good copy. He's there to play not to talk bollocks after the game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2015 09:14

He was told he was on bench for Sunderland - he threw a wobbly and refused to travel - McD and he had a chat after and he apologised - McD said he hated telling players they weren't playing but most would accept it and work to prove they should be in the team - yeah - poor ickle Guthrie :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jan 2015 09:51

sandman Has there ever been a player who has more excuses made for him than Danny Guthrie? He has been an absolute waste of a high wage, terrible temperament and a poor team player.

The likes of Ian Royal seem to think he is this great, deep lying, Pirlo/Alonso type creative midfielder. In reality he was a Premier League squad player who has a very inflated opinion of his ability.

He epitomises the excess of the Zingarevich era just as much as Pog and Drenthe. In fact, he and his attitude is one of the main catalysts of RFC's current fall

Yeh, this pretty much.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

Re: Danny Guthrie allowed to leave on loan

by YateleyRoyal » 30 Jan 2015 09:53

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2015 10:02

SCIAG
floyd__streete
From JF

Wonderful news! Rotten apple who should have been shipped out the very moment he refused to play at Sunderland.

Good riddance.

Hasn't had a bad game for us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can barely remember a good one

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2015 10:04

Armadillo Roadkill

Totally agreed. Few players have had such poor treatment at the hands of the management here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We don't know what was going on

agreed

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2015 10:06

leon
Armadillo Roadkill

What a load of shit.

He contributed nothing on the pitch except two yard passes playing people (usually central defenders) into trouble, massively telegraphed Hollywood passes that always allowed the opposition to get their shape and then tantrums at his team mates when the above failed. All done at the pace of a snail dragging the entire team down because he HAD to be the focal point of the team.

the definitive Guthrie post^^^^
bang.on.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 30 Jan 2015 10:43

He looked like the only player capable of galvanising the team at the start of last season - almost pivotal in the games I saw in that period.

Wages are too high for his ability mind you - then again, which player's aren't? He's certainly not worse than any other players in his position at this level, then again, he hasn't been that much better either so it would make sense to offer him to other clubs.