Contracts

yappy

Re: Contracts

by yappy » 03 Dec 2014 20:56

KC Royal Feds - keep. My only concern is whether he is willing to accept lower wages as can't see us offering the same amount he's on now (30/35k?). But then I don't see other clubs doing so either.

:lol: :lol: No chance is Feds on that wage.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2014 21:09

Here is what I would love to happen.

Feds - renew
Kelly - get rid. Decent defender but he is probs on decent wages.
Pearce - get rid. Great servant for the club but he is such a liability. Probably on decent wages too.
Andersen - renew. Decent keeper. Not sure if he will want to stay and be understudy to Feds though.
Gunter - renew. One of the best right backs in the league when he is on form.
Cummings - renew. Good full back for this level. Adequate back up on the right and the left.
Guthrie - get rid. Waste of space and thinks he is better than he is.
Blackman(?) - renew. I don't particularly rate him but he is ok for championship level and is still pretty young and so will improve.

Here is what will happen.

Feds - renew
Kelly - get rid
Pearce - renew
Andersen - renew
Gunter - renew
Cummings - renew
Guthrie - get rid
Blackman - renew.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2014 21:11

Forgot to add

Drenthe can go - huge waste of wages
Karacan - as long as his knee doesnt deteriorate again then keep. Otherwise let go.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 03 Dec 2014 21:16

For me

OFFER NEW DEAL: Feds, Andersen, Gunter, Cummings, Jem, Craig Tanner,

LET GO: Kelly, Guthrie, Drenthe

DEPENDENT ON WAGES: Pearce

HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH OF TO FORM AN OPINION: Ryan Edwards, Jonathan Henly, Stuart Moore, Pierce Sweeney, Dominic Samuel

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Dec 2014 08:26

Royal Ginger Since coming in at Right Back Kelly's stopped the flow of goals being scored against us from that wing. Same thing happened immediately after he signed. Alright he doesn't get forward very well, but he's got to be a defender first.

The overriding factor is of course if he's willing to take a wage drop, but I wouldn't be as quick to bin him as some.

For me it's simply a case of wages. I'd rather keep all 3 full backs but that isn't feasible, and between him and Cummings i'm sure his are higher.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Dec 2014 08:33

yappy
KC Royal Feds - keep. My only concern is whether he is willing to accept lower wages as can't see us offering the same amount he's on now (30/35k?). But then I don't see other clubs doing so either.

Maybe not anymore but i'm sure it was mentioned a couple of seasons ago as being that figure when he signed the contract. Didn't believe it at the time either, but if anyone can clarify feel free.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Dec 2014 12:34

KC Royal
yappy

Maybe not anymore but i'm sure it was mentioned a couple of seasons ago as being that figure when he signed the contract. Didn't believe it at the time either, but if anyone can clarify feel free.

That was the rumour when he signed a contract at the start of our Prem season.
Hopefully there was some sort of 'relegation wage decrease' clause.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Dec 2014 12:36

The club has the option to extend the deals of Gunter and Karacan.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ct-8225688

I assume it's a case of triggering a one year extension at current rate, as is the case for Drenthe, as previously discussed.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Dec 2014 15:34

My thoughts;

EXTEND 1 year: Gunter, Karacan (same terms)
OFFER NEW DEAL: Cummings^, Craig Tanner (improved terms), Henly+/Moore+
WILL OFFER BUT MIGHT LEAVE: Andersen*, Sweeney
WE WILL LET GO: Kelly^, Guthrie, Drenthe, Henly+/Moore+, Edwards, Samuel
DEPENDENT ON WAGES: Pearce, Feds*

* If Feds stays can see Andersen leaving, and vice versa.
+ Can see one offered a contract and one leaving.
^ we should keep one, unless we have a youth player coming through

I don't know a lot about the young players contracts, but Friðjónsson was initially contracted until the end of this season. Daniel Williams (young striker) was too.

I can't see both Feds and Andersen staying (I've said that several seasons...). I imagine one of Henly and Moore will leave too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sweeney leave - pre season he was in the media about wanting to break into the squad and Cooper has passed him now. Samuel still scores for fun in youth teams but can't catch a break in getting into the team - might be best he moves on for his career.. I guess in a similar place to when we released Ugwu (who has 7 in 16 for Dunfermline). Edwards has sort of disappeared again, borderline for me on whether we would keep him - I'd like him to do well here, but in a tough fiscal climate that decision might get made for us, since he broke into the first team earlier this year he'd expect higher wages than he earns now and alongside Taylor is a bit unconvincing.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Dec 2014 21:24

Not sure about extending Gunter on a premier league wage. Negotiate a new deal with him or get shot. We've got right backs, and new contracts for Kelly and Cummings have got to be far cheaper then 1 Gunts.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Dec 2014 11:18

Gunter and Pearce have gone so far backwards under Adkins, we should let both go find a club with a competent manager who can organise a defence.

Federico will probably see this as a chance to get the big prem move he deserves lol

See what karacan is like if/when he plays again.

Tanner ought to find a club who can help manage his injuries, that's obviously not here.

Counkdnt really care less about the rest tbh, except Drenthe and Guthrie clearly have to oxf*rd off

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Dec 2014 11:30

There should be no question with Jem, extra year on the same terms. I suspect this has already been put on the table and will be agreed.
Pearce must be a little concerned, although as Ferdinand looks like a basket case I suspect he'll be offered something. Cooper and Hector may be the future though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2014 12:08

Simon's Church Gunter and Pearce have gone so far backwards under Adkins, we should let both go find a club with a competent manager who can organise a defence.

Federico will probably see this as a chance to get the big prem move he deserves lol

See what karacan is like if/when he plays again.

Tanner ought to find a club who can help manage his injuries, that's obviously not here.

Counkdnt really care less about the rest tbh, except Drenthe and Guthrie clearly have to oxf*rd off

Gunter was shit before Adkins arrived. Got better under him, then reverted to true form this season.

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 06 Dec 2014 12:42

Quite surprised that so many people are hoping we re contract any of the players who signed new deals when we were last in the top flight. Not due to lack of quality, so much as value for money.

Almost everyone is saying re sign Gunter for example, but surely we can pick up someone not far off his quality for a LOT less money than he is on. Come to that just giving Cummings a new deal whilst releasing Kelly and Gunter may not be the worst move.

Not against giving Karacan a years extension, but otherwise most of the established players on that list seem very replaceable....

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Dec 2014 12:49

Here's what I would do -

Feds - renew
Kelly - let go
Pearce - let go
Andersen - renew (if possible)
Gunter - renew (if he's not on too much money)
Cummings - renew
Guthrie - let go
Drenthe - let go
Blackman - renew
Karacan - renew (short term with the option of extension)

Jez
Location: playing hide and seek with Lord Lucan and Rudolph Hess

Out of contract players.

by Jez » 17 Feb 2015 09:18

Anyone have a up to date list of players out of contract in the summer?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Out of contract players.

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2015 09:32

Jez Anyone have a up to date list of players out of contract in the summer?

I know on the "other" forum, clyde has a fairly up to date list of players contracts, this is who is marked as out of contract in the summer:

Andersen, Mikkel
Edwards, Ryan
Federici, Adam
Gunter, Chris
Guthrie, Danny
Henly, Jon
Karacan, Jem
Kelly, Stephen
Pearce, Alex
Samuel, Dominic
Sweeney, Pierce

Don't ask me why he put it as surname, firstname though!

Of that list I'd definitely suggest the renewal of Feds, Pearce and Gunter, I'd also say Karacan should be given a one year contract just to see how much long-term damage his latest injury has done to him.

Esteban

by Esteban » 17 Feb 2015 09:42

tidus_mi2

I know on the "other" forum, clyde has a fairly up to date list of players contracts, this is who is marked as out of contract in the summer:

Andersen, Mikkel
Edwards, Ryan
Federici, Adam
Gunter, Chris
Guthrie, Danny
Henly, Jon
Karacan, Jem
Kelly, Stephen
Pearce, Alex
Samuel, Dominic
Sweeney, Pierce

Of that list I'd definitely suggest the renewal of Feds, Pearce and Gunter, I'd also say Karacan should be given a one year contract just to see how much long-term damage his latest injury has done to him.

I think Karacan has the option of another year on his contract. Not sure what set of circumstances activate it. I'm fairly certain another player has an option too, but I can't remember who.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 17 Feb 2015 10:48

Esteban
tidus_mi2

Andersen, Mikkel
Edwards, Ryan
Federici, Adam
Gunter, Chris
Guthrie, Danny
Henly, Jon
Karacan, Jem
Kelly, Stephen
Pearce, Alex
Samuel, Dominic
Sweeney, Pierce

I think Karacan has the option of another year on his contract. Not sure what set of circumstances activate it. I'm fairly certain another player has an option too, but I can't remember who.

Karacan and Gunter, both club options I believe.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2015 11:34

We should try to sign Fed up now. If he keeps going like he is we will have a top chump keeper or pocket a mil or two.

If he's out of contract he's an obvious punt for a lower PL reserve keeper.