CheLOLsea

9611 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: CheLOLsea

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Feb 2015 15:04

The only way to try and stop career threatening tackles is to punish the likes of Barnes, instead of letting them get away scot free.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 25 Feb 2015 15:15

No Fixed Abode The only way to try and stop career threatening tackles is to punish the likes of Barnes, instead of letting them get away scot free.

Yesterday it was a career ending tackle, today its only career threatening. Next week it'll be a light graze.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Feb 2015 15:21

YateleyRoyal
No Fixed Abode The only way to try and stop career threatening tackles is to punish the likes of Barnes, instead of letting them get away scot free.

Yesterday it was a career ending tackle, today its only career threatening. Next week it'll be a light graze.

Yesterday you stalked me, today you stalked me. Next week you might suck me off. xx

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 25 Feb 2015 15:25

No Fixed Abode
YateleyRoyal

Yesterday you stalked me, today you stalked me. Next week you might suck me off. xx

Stalking? :lol:

Someone seems a little rattLOLed. Chins up, m8.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2015 18:51

No Fixed Abode
6ft Kerplunk But it wasn't like that was it, Barnes wasn't diving in.

Would be interested* to know how many 'leg breaking/career ending' fouls actually end up breaking a leg or ending a career.

The point is, if you go in for a challenge as Barnes did, it's the luck of the draw if you break someone's leg.

Oh right, so no one should try to kick the ball any more then?

Barnes had possession. Barnes tried to clear it, mis-kicked slightly and Matic came in - from the side - and was caught on the follow through. Horrible accident that thankfully had no serious repercussions that you simply can't legislate for.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Feb 2015 18:54

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Would be interested* to know how many 'leg breaking/career ending' fouls actually end up breaking a leg or ending a career.

The point is, if you go in for a challenge as Barnes did, it's the luck of the draw if you break someone's leg.

Barnes had possession. Barnes tried to clear it, mis-kicked slightly and Matic came in - from the side - and was caught on the follow through. Horrible accident that thankfully had no serious repercussions that you simply can't legislate for.

:lol:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Feb 2015 09:03

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Sounds about right, and It looks like the referee and the FA agree with that, hence no further punishment.

Nice to see that Kes can formulate an intelligent reply, too.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Feb 2015 11:26

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Having looked at the video of this incident for the first time, that's exactly what happened. Barnes kicks the ball and Matic comes in late and is caught on the follow through. Yes it is a nasty contact but it was accidental.

With all the furore over it, I was expecting to see a studs up, over the ball rake down his leg. It just didn't happen anything like that.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Feb 2015 19:38

New shirt sponsor for next season....

The Yokohama Rubber Company.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... rtner.html

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Feb 2015 19:43

Waiter waiter this chickens rubbery

Fank yoo wery much sir

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Feb 2015 20:08

Sorry, had to snigger. :D

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Feb 2015 08:28

No Fixed Abode New shirt sponsor for next season....

The Yokohama Rubber Company.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... rtner.html

surprised John Terry wasn't wearing his full kit in that pic

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Feb 2015 10:14

From Despair To Where? Having looked at the video of this incident for the first time, that's exactly what happened. Barnes kicks the ball and Matic comes in late and is caught on the follow through. Yes it is a nasty contact but it was accidental.

With all the furore over it, I was expecting to see a studs up, over the ball rake down his leg. It just didn't happen anything like that.

I was certainly expecting a lot lot worse. However, I do think Barnes leaves his foot in a little to make sure he got Matic, but it's nothing like the kind of tackle Jose has made it out to be, but then we all know he's done it for effect as he always does.

I thought Dyche handled it very well to be honest, and he made a great point about there being no reaction from the bench or players when the tackle was first made.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Feb 2015 11:14

Hoop Blah
From Despair To Where? Having looked at the video of this incident for the first time, that's exactly what happened. Barnes kicks the ball and Matic comes in late and is caught on the follow through. Yes it is a nasty contact but it was accidental.

I was certainly expecting a lot lot worse. However, I do think Barnes leaves his foot in a little to make sure he got Matic, but it's nothing like the kind of tackle Jose has made it out to be, but then we all know he's done it for effect as he always does.

:lol:

Players know exactly what they're doing. Given that Barnes could have had a red earlier in the game for deliberate kick out on Ivanovic, you have to say it doesn't help his case. It was a game plan to try and rough Chelsea up and it worked because of an incompetent referee on the day.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Feb 2015 11:31

Poor loves

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2015 17:09

From Despair To Where?
Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

Having looked at the video of this incident for the first time, that's exactly what happened. Barnes kicks the ball and Matic comes in late and is caught on the follow through. Yes it is a nasty contact but it was accidental.

Quite. How I can see it from the radio and Kes is oblivious with the benefit of TV replays and obviously having been there live, I have no idea.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Mar 2015 13:54

No Fixed Abode Players know exactly what they're doing. Given that Barnes could have had a red earlier in the game for deliberate kick out on Ivanovic, you have to say it doesn't help his case. It was a game plan to try and rough Chelsea up and it worked because of an incompetent referee on the day.

‘If you have a contact or the opponent was aggressive, let’s go, keep going, this is English football. Foreign players are bringing lots of good things. They come here because they are talented. But I prefer English blood in football. English blood in this situation is “Come on, let’s go”.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2015 15:01

No Fixed Abode I don't. No abnormal movement of the leg and he didn't even look down. Only Costa himself will know whether he meant it. Good to know the FA and regulatory panel can read minds! Laughable!

No Fixed Abode
Players know exactly what they're doing. Given that Barnes could have had a red earlier in the game for deliberate kick out on Ivanovic, you have to say it doesn't help his case. It was a game plan to try and rough Chelsea up and it worked because of an incompetent referee on the day.

Double standards :?:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Mar 2015 17:26

No Fixed Abode once Tin pot cup

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 Mar 2015 19:24

^ doubt he even knows. He's been watching rugby all afternoon.

9611 posts