Who do you want in the Semi final (FA Cup)

183 posts

Who you want?

Man Utd
12%
Arsenal
12%
Liverpool
6%
Blackburn
16%
Villa
40%
West Brom
12%

Total votes: 97
brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who do you want in the Semi final (FA Cup)

by brighton_royal » 25 Feb 2015 18:00

Yeah FFS Floyd I've just lost my lunch over that post.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 25 Feb 2015 18:10

Geekins
Forest Gump I'd first like to see Reading in the draw for the semi-final.
I'd say Bradford are firm favourites right now.

Haven't you read the whole thread? TBM has got resounding evidence that we're going through without any trouble. We don't need "fans" like you at our club. Always negative.

btw TBM did you're Notts County m8 ever call you back? I guess it could have been football rel8d or maybe just a casual chat

Bantam Northy

by Bantam Northy » 25 Feb 2015 20:25

Maybe TBM's friends should remind him that........ we played Chelsea, who were in BLUE and dumped them out, we played Sunderland, who wore their BLUE away kit and dumped them out......see where I'm going with this? :D :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Feb 2015 20:38

Bantam Northy Maybe TBM's friends should remind him that........ we played Chelsea, who were in BLUE and dumped them out, we played Sunderland, who wore their BLUE away kit and dumped them out......see where I'm going with this? :D :D

Our friend on here is a Chelsea fan and he says the only reason you beat them is because the FA Cup's a shit, mickey mouse competition and Bradford cheated and all the refs are against Chelsea and they rested their best players and they didn't want to win anyway.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Feb 2015 21:48

Bantam Northy Maybe TBM's friends should remind him that........ we played Chelsea, who were in BLUE and dumped them out, we played Sunderland, who wore their BLUE away kit and dumped them out......see where I'm going with this? :D :D

My Swindon supporting mate tells me that blue to Bradford is like red to a bull - it's why we will be wearing our green kit

My Notts County supporting mate just wanted to borrow some jump leads

1976Bantam

by 1976Bantam » 25 Feb 2015 22:09

floyd__streete I went to Swindon vs Bradford last night with a Bantams supporting colleague.

Swindon tore Bradford a new one in the first half. Bradford allowed Swindon all the time in the world to impose their passing football on them and two perfectly picked through-balls brought about the two Swindon goals and they should have had a third through a similar route. Second half Bradford imposed themselves a bit more, got a scruffy goal back and maybe could have nicked a draw. They were mising two key players in Morais and Hanson but on the evidence of what I saw they are nothing better than a moderate side, as expected. That said with a high tempo and the direct game they play I expect them to cause Reading all sorts of problems. If I was Parkinson, I'd start with their Blackpool loanee Zoko against us as he could give our full backs a real headache with his pace and power if he plays down channels as he did when he came on last night.

Swindon, FWIW, were excellent and would be a top half Championship side on that showing (I've also seen them on telly once).

We seem to have a real problem with Swindon, they've done the double over us now this season and as you say they battered us 1st half last night. They also took 4 points from us last season. In Luongo I think they have one of the best players in the league and they apparently turned down bids of over £2m for him in January. It's not just him though, they have a really good team.

Parkinson said he tried to set us up to counter attack last night (hence bringing in some pace with Burke on loan) but for me that isn't our strong suit - in that we don't usually play that way - and it clearly showed.

We are very capable of challenging the top sides in L1 - we've beaten MK Dons home and away, drew at Bristol City and are the only L1 team to win at PNE so far this season. We're simply too inconsistent though, hence our league position around the play offs rather than challenging for automatic.

You mention Hanson and Morais were missing - so was Davies (central defender). All three are pivotal players for us and we're a much better side with them in it. Hanson does the spadework up front and is great in the air, Morais is arguably our most creative player at the moment and Davies is reliable at the back, though Mackenzie has done OK in his place. Stead does a great job for us but I'm not sure he 's fully fit at the moment - he had stitches in an ankle injury after the Sunderland win and hasn't seemed to be on top form vs Walsall or Swindon since.

No chance will Zoko start if any 2 of Hanson, Stead or Clarke are fit - the jury is out on him with our fans and aside from 45 mins at Orient recently (when he missed a sitter) he hasn't played much.

Bantam Northy

by Bantam Northy » 26 Feb 2015 17:16

Pepe the Horseman

Our friend on here is a Chelsea fan and he says the only reason you beat them is because the FA Cup's a shit, mickey mouse competition and Bradford cheated and all the refs are against Chelsea and they rested their best players and they didn't want to win anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol: He doesn't sound bitter at all! The best team will win a week on Saturday regardless of kit colour. To be honest, I, and many others, think this will be a tougher game than Chelsea or Sunderland.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Mar 2015 21:53

Well we've got the team nobody wanted :(

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 09 Mar 2015 21:56

gutting, looks like we won't be making the final

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 09 Mar 2015 21:58

I called it again. Not happy about it though.

I'll call a scoreline now - Reading 0-6 Arsenal

That's if we even get through.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 Mar 2015 21:58

oxf*rd Dermot O Leary. I've always hated that pcunt.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2015 22:04

Another Royals Wembley spectacular with goals galore if we get through then. I oxf*rd hate going to that poxf*rding place and losing.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 09 Mar 2015 22:07

Villa. Blackburn. Liverpool. The vermin. Any of them we might have had some sort of chance.

It would be to defy the laws of physics; like fusing the atom whilst simultaneously triggering perpetual motion for us to beat Arsenal. E = mc2, and Arsenal beat Reading. It's a basic law. It's in the fabric of the universe.

It is theoretically possible to throw "heads" one thousand times in a row, but the odds against it are so huge, it is functionally impossible. Such is the nature of the task facing Reading should we prevail against the Bantams.

JIM

by JIM » 09 Mar 2015 22:09

I want ARSENAL.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 09 Mar 2015 22:15

Can't be arsed with the replay now. Can't take yet more Wembley misery.....why wasn't I taken to the Simod Cup final aged 5 eh?? At least then I might have some happy memories of that place!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2015 22:15

Just for a second, a tiny infinitesimal second, imagine what it'd feel like to beat them for the first time ever, at Wembley, in our first FA Cup Semi Final since 1927....

I think my heart would explode and I'd die. Be a shitter missing the final because of that.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Mar 2015 22:20

If we beat Bradford it looks mission impossible but the odds are better than when Bradford were two nil down against Chelsea at their place but still won. There is always hope if you don't believe then don't bother going .....if we beat Bradford

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Mar 2015 22:22

How can anyone mins about that draw. Jesus...what a chance on Monday to get to Wembley, a brilliant day out and football to watch too.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Mar 2015 22:24

paultheroyal How can anyone mins about that draw. Jesus...what a chance on Monday to get to Wembley, a brilliant day out and football to watch too.

its a shit day out and then we lose. That's how it works.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2015 22:25

Gutted with that draw. Worst possible draw for us really.

:twisted:

183 posts