BFTG Brighton H

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Brighton H

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:52

genome
Ian Royal Yeah. That's a cracker... just assumed because hed come across from the left and i saw chalobah looking dejected.

Tbh i was too busy being shocked at how awful the push was to be paying much attention to who did it.

Also, i didn't criticise the ref.

You said he "missed things". That's a criticism. You have since edited your original post.

I havent edited that part. And i said he missed some stuff because he couldn't see it. Because it happened off the ball, where he obviously wasn't looking. For oxf*rd sake i thought a 6'7" white bloke was a 6'? " black bloke, it's not hard to take the piss out of that successfully and you're failing miserably.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:54

Silver Fox What did Hector do wrong? All I saw was him get almost chinned, presumably by Halford, while the ref completely lost control of the game after the Bennet v Garath contretemps

Fwiw, we did very well against an appalling B&H team, now rest everyone on Saturday, the season's over bar the cup

Nothing. The ref was busy dealing with the McCleary incident so there was no time wasting. Hector was just pissing about withe ball and Halford steamed halfway across the pitch to try and snatch it for no purpose.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:59

Yeah what was that ref thinking giving a free kick to them. At the very least that should have been a contested drop ball

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2015 00:00

Ian Royal
genome
Ian Royal Yeah. That's a cracker... just assumed because hed come across from the left and i saw chalobah looking dejected.

Tbh i was too busy being shocked at how awful the push was to be paying much attention to who did it.

Also, i didn't criticise the ref.

You said he "missed things". That's a criticism. You have since edited your original post.

I havent edited that part. And i said he missed some stuff because he couldn't see it. Because it happened off the ball, where he obviously wasn't looking. For oxf*rd sake i thought a 6'7" white bloke was a 6'? " black bloke, it's not hard to take the piss out of that successfully and you're failing miserably.

You're easier to rattLOLe than Kes! :lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Mar 2015 00:02

Ian Royal
Silver Fox What did Hector do wrong? All I saw was him get almost chinned, presumably by Halford, while the ref completely lost control of the game after the Bennet v Garath contretemps

Fwiw, we did very well against an appalling B&H team, now rest everyone on Saturday, the season's over bar the cup

Nothing. The ref was busy dealing with the McCleary incident so there was no time wasting. Hector was just pissing about withe ball and Halford steamed halfway across the pitch to try and snatch it for no purpose.

By pissing about you mean intentionally putting the ball as far away from the ref/incident as possible? Twice

...... made me laugh when Günter (?) snuck the ball back to him to do it a second time :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2015 00:03

Yeah. But it does nothing, because the ref's not going to start the clock until he's finished and the ball's returned.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Mar 2015 00:08

Ian Royal Yeah. But it does nothing, because the ref's not going to start the clock until he's finished and the ball's returned.

Right, and that's why they book people for kicking the ball away then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2015 00:13

John Madejski's Wallet
Ian Royal Yeah. But it does nothing, because the ref's not going to start the clock until he's finished and the ball's returned.

Right, and that's why they book people for kicking the ball away then?

That's not during a long break in play where the ref has already stopped the watch.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 11 Mar 2015 00:18

As if they add all that time on

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 11 Mar 2015 01:31

A home win at last and some goals to celebrate - just what was needed before next Monday!! The side seem to have taken the energy and urgency from the display against Bradford and brought it to this game as we contested every ball and seemed generally very sharp. We were also - for the first half at least - pressing the opposition higher up the pitch rather than simply falling back and conceding the mid-field to them!

Mackie has to be MOTM not just for his 2 well-taken goals but also for the tireless effort he put in all game (well - for the 80 minutes or so he was on the pitch)! Chalobah also impressed me as he did against Bradford albeit playing LB tonight. He is composed on the ball and passes it out of defence constructively. The two youngsters did well in the central defence too. Hector and Cooper looked solid (the penalty against Cooper looked very soft to me!) although their defensive headers invariably fell to the opposition. Williams had another good game and controlled the midfield for me. Akpan was solid and Blackman looked useful.

McCleary and Gunter (almost impossible to name one without the other) created a lot particularly in the first half. Feds had little to do and HRK did little! Pog was great when he was brought on and, for those who accuse SC of ignoring the youth, it was good to see young Keown brought on for the last 10 minutes or so. I think that must have been his debut for the first team unless someone can tell me otherwise?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 11 Mar 2015 06:47

marlowuk , it was good to see young Keown brought on for the last 10 minutes or so. I think that must have been his debut for the first team unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Yup his debut..

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 11 Mar 2015 07:44

A result that we need badly.

Mackie and Chabolah were superb last night against the Seagulls.

Cooper and Hector worked well together all be it with not a lot of pressure put on them until Best game off the bench.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 11 Mar 2015 08:00

John Madejski's Wallet
Ian Royal Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan. .

It was Cooper :!:

Understandable mistake :lol:

Chalobah looked dejected because he tried to win the ball on halfway line and got caught out of position, probably his only mistake of the night. Williams then compounded that by diving in instead of tracking his man which allowed the Brighton player to run across Cooper, who just clipped his heels as he turned. Yes it was soft but a definite penalty which was well put away and gave Feds no chance.

It's a shame Hector couldn't put away his chance in the first half. If we'd scored then it would have been 2 in 2 minutes and Brighton were so poor I don't think they'd have come back from it.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 11 Mar 2015 08:50

IYSHF. Your user name reminds me i was going to start singing that at Bradford but realised nobody would have a clue about what i was on about!

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 11 Mar 2015 08:52

Much better than the previous 3 home games, although Brighton were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Mad Stad in a long time, particularly in the first half.

Federici - 7 - not much to do but save O'Grady's effort well right at the end

Chalobah - 7 - played as well as Obita has at left back, looked sturdy
Hector - 7 - won lots in the air and looked composed, should have scored
Cooper - 7 - played really well, unlucky with penalty
Gunter - 7 - linked up nicely with McCleary first half

HRK - 6 - didn't play badly, but not much impact, could have scored but put over the bar
Williams - 7 - classic Williams performance
Akpan - 8 - superb last night
McCleary - 7 - played well, looked a threat

Mackie - 9 - two excellent goals, and plenty of closing down
Blackman - 7 - thought he looked quite decent up front, without really creating many chance for himself

Anyone get a good view of the corner where we had about 5 chances to score?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 11 Mar 2015 08:54

arthurfondrelli Much better than the previous 3 home games, although Brighton were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Mad Stad in a long time, particularly in the first half.

Federici - 7 - not much to do but save O'Grady's effort well right at the end

Chalobah - 7 - played as well as Obita has at left back, looked sturdy
Hector - 7 - won lots in the air and looked composed, should have scored
Cooper - 7 - played really well, unlucky with penalty
Gunter - 7 - linked up nicely with McCleary first half

HRK - 6 - didn't play badly, but not much impact, could have scored but put over the bar
Williams - 7 - classic Williams performance
Akpan - 8 - superb last night
McCleary - 7 - played well, looked a threat

Mackie - 9 - two excellent goals, and plenty of closing down
Blackman - 7 - thought he looked quite decent up front, without really creating many chance for himself

Anyone get a good view of the corner where we had about 5 chances to score?

there's a video of it on youtube from just behind the goal

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Mar 2015 09:20

Is it just me that struggles at times to recognise the players. From the back row it's difficult picking out HRK, Hector, Blackman, Mccleary, Akpan, Chalobah, Williams.

Mackie was Great, loved that bit in the second half where he sprinted all out to the keeper who was about to kick the ball, then immediately sprinted back to the defender who had just received the pass. It was a bit like what Shunt used to do.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 11 Mar 2015 09:24

bobby1413 Is it just me that struggles at times to recognise the players. From the back row it's difficult picking out HRK, Hector, Blackman, Mccleary, Akpan, Chalobah, Williams.

:shock: racist

although......

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Mar 2015 09:40

Whatevs
bobby1413 Is it just me that struggles at times to recognise the players. From the back row it's difficult picking out HRK, Hector, Blackman, Mccleary, Akpan, Chalobah, Williams.

although......

Sorry but they all look the same :?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2015 09:42

bobby1413
Whatevs

although......

Sorry but they all look the same :?

and in Ian Royals case, indistinguishable from a 6'5" White kid