BFTG - Bradford City

163 posts
ruprecht

Re: BFTG - Bradford City

by ruprecht » 16 Mar 2015 23:07

Why did the broadmoor siren keep going off at various times? Is this part of the normal matchday experience?

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 16 Mar 2015 23:07

blueroyals I go to football to watch football

I don't want to see xfactor bands outside the ground
I don't want to hear random trumpets/drums throughout the game
I don't want to hear shit music played when we score
I don't want to hear shit music 'anthems' being played when the players/ref are lined up ready to play, and the stupid cunt in control of the PA still hasn't shut the oxf*rd music off
And I certainly don't want to hear oxf*rd air raid sirens when the players come out

It's a oxf*rd football match not a oxf*rd music concert

The music that played when the bloke ran on the pitch was funny though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2015 23:09

I'm gay for Jamie Mackie.

That is all.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Mar 2015 23:09

Came straight home and started watching the game again on catch up. 2 goals inside 9 minutes took away any pressure there might have been.

Chalobah was total quality tonight. He did so much hard work and made things look really simple. His positional sense was top class. Would love to keep him for next season. McCleary was also good tonight.

Good effort by the fans as well, but my favourite moment of the night goes to the Bradford fans with their version of Anarchy in the UK. Best football song / chant I can remember for a long time.

Now to plan my route to Wembley.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Mar 2015 23:12

ruprecht Why did the broadmoor siren keep going off at various times? Is this part of the normal matchday experience?

No, they've obviously employed some marketing intern to go wild with the matchday entertainment. In the last two weeks we've had such great suggestions as an xfactor boyband, brass band in north stand, sweet caroline played every 5 minutes, music for 30 seconds after the game has kicked off and air raid sirens on the PA for no reason. And a 'sea of scarves'. Somebody is due their P45. Thanks but no thanks.
Last edited by blueroyals on 16 Mar 2015 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2015 23:12

Great performance. We're in the semi final!

Ratings:

Federici 7 - not troubled, did well with what he had to do
Gunter 8 - ran around a lot, never troubled
Pearce 8 - dealt well with Stead. Experience showed.
Hector 8 - again, dealt well with Hanson, though a few nervy moments in possession
Obita 5 - worst performance for us. Constantly misjudging things. At least we won't lose him in the summer...
Chalobah 10 - amazing. Equally composed and determined. Always where we needed him to be, and some great passing, particularly for the third goal. Obviously he's had some utter stinkers for us but that makes up for it.
Williams 7 - pretty embarrassed by his temper tbh
McCleary 8 - looked fit again. Not quite at his best but very good
HRK 9 - excellent. Movement was fantastic, touch very good, and scored the goal that basically saw us through.
Mackie 8 - constantly offside. But he scored, and he was a persistent threat.
Pog 8 - not involved as often as I would have liked, but his quality was obvious whenever he got on the ball. Perhaps pushing Chalobah for the most talented player on the pitch, but again, simply not involved enough - this match belonged to the quick attackers around him

Subs:
Blackman 6 - pointless
Norwood 7 - eh
Yakubu n/a - did I imagine him coming on?

Bradford players 4 - plan A didn't work, not good enough to play any other way. Obviously a step below.
Parky 4 - seriously, that was bad. OK, he has to work with what he's got, and that side's outstanding attributes are Stead and Hansen, but blimey...
Bradford fans 9 - in good voice and well behaved. Point added for distance travelled. Point deduced for their inability to unveil a banner properly.

Reading fans - 10 over the 90, 3 afterwards. Embarrassing pitch invasion. Did well to get back off.
Police 10 - thought the riot gear was a bit "presumption of guilt", but they judged it right.
Club staff 3 - beating up individual fans was low and pointless. Shout out to the man from the North West corner who waded onto the pitch, pulled two stewards off the man they were beating up, and strolled back to his seat. Shout out to the six year old boy who pushed a Tango who was beating up another fan. The other low point was the announcer declaring there would be a lap of honour if the pitch was emptied, then admitting he'd lied. Point added on for the steward who wished me goodnight as I left.

Referee 9.5 - very good. Didn't stand for any crap from either side. Gave a few throws the wrong way.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 16 Mar 2015 23:13

genome I'm gay for Jamie Mackie.

That is all.

Who isn't at this point???

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 16 Mar 2015 23:14

stl_royal
genome I'm gay for Jamie Mackie.

That is all.

Who isn't at this point???

Form an orderly queue

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2015 23:15

Oh, and the attempts to build an atmosphere by the club get a 4.

I don't mind Sweet Caroline before the match, but cutting the choruses? Dropping the music at random times? Telling us to raise our scarves three times? That air raid siren? The weird team announcement?

Also, I thought this was a prime example of goal music stifling celebration instead of extending it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Mar 2015 23:16

I don't want to hear shit music 'anthems' being played when the players/ref are lined up ready to play, and the stupid cunt in control of the PA still hasn't shut the oxf*rd music off
And I certainly don't want to hear oxf*rd air raid sirens when the players come out

bah humbug!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Mar 2015 23:18

windermere_royal i have no problem with the goal music, anything that get`s the crowd going is fine by me, it`s only embarrassing to old fashioned tits

+1

(lets all moan & tut about people creating an atmosphere whilst we sit and eat our houmous with garlic & herb ciabatta. Lighten up you miserable fcukers :roll: )

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 16 Mar 2015 23:19

ruprecht Why did the broadmoor siren keep going off at various times? Is this part of the normal matchday experience?

The escapees were the pitch invaders at the end

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 16 Mar 2015 23:20

Agreed!

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 16 Mar 2015 23:24

Chalobah was caught disgracefully late in the final minute, looked like he wanted to come off but hobbled on until the end. Missed by the Ref and everyone else in the ground. Left the dressing room in an ankle brace according to Radio Berks, let's hope he's OK.

I also thought it was a clear elbow on Hector. Bradford lucky to get away with only one red I reckon.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2015 23:24

Great performance. Almost too easy, took the gloss off it a bit. Used to doing it the hard way!

Lol @ the pathetic announcement that due to the pitch invasion the players wouldn't be coming out. After everyone had fcuking waited for 20 minutes.

Additional lol @ big foot stacking it as he ran on the pitch.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 16 Mar 2015 23:31

OldBiscuit

Agreed!

Oh get over yourselves. As much as you want it to be so, Reading just isn't an old working class mining town from up north where the football is the heart and soul of the town. Reading is a commuter belt town off the M4 with a bit of history and a few notes in the footballing world hall of fame. We just don't have the fan base with the traditional footballing values. And the sooner you lot accept this and move on, or even god forbid, embrace the new way then the sooner you actually enjoy the match day experience. Football has changed, change with it or get left behind grousing and moaning about the good old days.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 16 Mar 2015 23:35

Y21
OldBiscuit

Agreed!

Oh get over yourselves. As much as you want it to be so, Reading just isn't an old working class mining town from up north where the football is the heart and soul of the town. Reading is a commuter belt town off the M4 with a bit of history and a few notes in the footballing world hall of fame. We just don't have the fan base with the traditional footballing values. And the sooner you lot accept this and move on, or even god forbid, embrace the new way then the sooner you actually enjoy the match day experience. Football has changed, change with it or get left behind grousing and moaning about the good old days.

+1
Also even the worst atomoshphere I've seen is better than watching most sports over here in the States where it is silence until something good happens...

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2015 23:41

As has been said everyone bitching about the club's attempts at raising an atmosphere, if you had it your way we'd have no goal music, no pre-match music, no back the boys, no drums/band and no anthems.

You'd just have it left to the fans to create the atmosphere and you know what we'd get? Absolute bloody silence because we're oxf*rd shit at raising our own atmosphere.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Mar 2015 23:43

el_presidente Chalobah was caught disgracefully late in the final minute, looked like he wanted to come off but hobbled on until the end. Missed by the Ref and everyone else in the ground. Left the dressing room in an ankle brace according to Radio Berks, let's hope he's OK.

I also thought it was a clear elbow on Hector. Bradford lucky to get away with only one red I reckon.

Hanson should have been booked in the first half for persistent fouling. And the foul on Hector could easily have been a yellow as well

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Mar 2015 23:43

Well then you will be fine most saturdays, because it's normally like a fukking morgue.
Fair play, the Band and Sweet Caroline have managed to stir up a bit of atmosphere.
The last two games have been the best this season, and we have knocked in five goals.
Coincidence ?

163 posts