Chants about the fire?

186 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Chants about the fire?

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 12:17

Norfolk Royal Tbf it can't be that dangerous if you can just walk around holding it. It's not like his arm is on fire or anything.

No, but if you throw it at the Bradford fans it's a lottery that you could blind someone.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 12:17

LWJ
Norfolk Royal Tbf it can't be that dangerous if you can just walk around holding it. It's not like his arm is on fire or anything.

Dangerous points;
it's a cannister so could hurt if hit with
Smells like shit, could cause problems for asthma sufferers

No other reasons as far as I am aware

I can't get too excited about it. When I was a lad people used to chuck bangers and the like around with gay abandon and they were a lot more dangerous than this party fizz bomb thing.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 12:19

No Fixed Abode

No, but if you throw it at the Bradford fans it's a lottery that you could blind someone.

Bottles, coins, lighters, all were thrown last night and could blind someone. Not sure what the difference is with a party fizzer to be honest.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 12:21

Norfolk Royal
No Fixed Abode

Bottles, coins, lighters, all were thrown last night and could blind someone. Not sure what the difference is with a party fizzer to be honest.

There isn't, but it doesn't make throwing a 'smoke grenade' ok though.

I don't get this mentality - they did it, so its ok one of our fans did it. :|

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 12:23

I'm not saying it is OK, I wouldn't do it personally.

What I'm saying is that the reaction on here compared to actual offence is near hysterical.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 12:25

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I got a 3 year ban he needs a oxf*rd 10 year.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 12:25

Norfolk Royal I'm not saying it is OK, I wouldn't do it personally.

What I'm saying is that the reaction on here compared to actual offence is near hysterical.

But what if someone was blinded?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2015 12:32

I blame Brendy and Hugo for setting this trend with their latest music video

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 12:36

No Fixed Abode

How would they be blinded?

They're more likely to be blinded by a coin, so why single this out? It's stupid and wrong, but the dangers are minimal. Safety is a minor concern next to just the offensiveness of it.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 Mar 2015 12:37

Ian Royal Safety is a minor concern next to just the offensiveness of it.

wut?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 12:49

TBM I blame Brendy and Hugo for setting this trend with their latest music video

Lol!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 12:51

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode

How would they be blinded?

They're more likely to be blinded by a coin, so why single this out? It's stupid and wrong, but the dangers are minimal. Safety is a minor concern next to just the offensiveness of it.

Somebody throws a missile and it hits them the eye. Is that simple enough for you? Why are defending the indefensible?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Mar 2015 12:55

Kes, bless him, despite being on a fishing trip, is actually right. I have no problem with pyro, smoke bombs/grenades and the like within a football ground but throwing it into a stand full of people some of whom won' be paying attention to the area it came from, is nothing short of moronic.

Having said that, at least we had something to raid the pitch for last night...

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Mar 2015 12:57

LWJ

Loving the daily fail's lawyer:

"It is unclear whether this is the fan who threw the flare into the Bradford supporters' end at the Madejski"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3UeAoXeIF

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 17 Mar 2015 13:02

TFF
LWJ

Loving the daily fail's lawyer:

"It is unclear whether this is the fan who threw the flare into the Bradford supporters' end at the Madejski"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3UeAoXeIF

And that is surely the premise of criminal defence?

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 13:04

Firstly, I just wanted to say well done to you and your team for getting through last night. Our team didn't turn up and your lads did a thoroughly professional job on us and fully deserved to go through. We never looked in any danger of causing you any problems whatsoever and in a lot of ways it reminded me of our performance against Swansea in the cup final a couple of years ago, just a game too far for us. We can't have any complaints though and I generally enjoyed the atmosphere at both games.

I personally didn't hear any chants about the fire. As has been picked up on by posters already it's almost certainly a reference to the 'Is there a fire drill' chant which I think some of our fans are overly sensitive about, probably because it's been sung a Valley Parade once our twice in recent years where the general feeling is that it's possibly meant provocatively but hidden beneath the excuse of it being a generic chant. I don't think it was meant, insultingly at all yesterday but people read it differently I suppose and then you get the chinese whispers about lighters being held up and so on.

The pitch invasion at the end and the policing of it did disappoint me a little. I can understand your fans wanting to go on and celebrate but I didn't really see the need for the goading and posturing as I didn't really think it was that sort of atmosphere. It's no big deal really as fortunately very few of our fans were particularly interested in getting on the pitch but I did think the police and steward could have done more to push your lads away from us rather than just staring blankly into the City fans. I felt that it robbed us of an opportunity to really thank the players and management for the journey they've taken us on but I was glad some of them fought their way through your lads to reach us. I'm also glad the lad with the flare has been caught on camera and I hope a substantial ban is coming his way.

I think you have your work cut out to beat Arsenal at a neutral venue but I sincerely hope you can do it and get through to the final.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 13:05

LWJ

Why didn't Will from The Inbetweeners stop him?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 17 Mar 2015 13:06

Good post Bantam Menace

Commiserations for last night and congrats on a great cup run.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2015 13:12

The Bantam Menace Firstly, I just wanted to say well done to you and your team for getting through last night. Our team didn't turn up and your lads did a thoroughly professional job on us and fully deserved to go through. We never looked in any danger of causing you any problems whatsoever and in a lot of ways it reminded me of our performance against Swansea in the cup final a couple of years ago, just a game too far for us. We can't have any complaints though and I generally enjoyed the atmosphere at both games.

I personally didn't hear any chants about the fire. As has been picked up on by posters already it's almost certainly a reference to the 'Is there a fire drill' chant which I think some of our fans are overly sensitive about, probably because it's been sung a Valley Parade once our twice in recent years where the general feeling is that it's possibly meant provocatively but hidden beneath the excuse of it being a generic chant. I don't think it was meant, insultingly at all yesterday but people read it differently I suppose and then you get the chinese whispers about lighters being held up and so on.

The pitch invasion at the end and the policing of it did disappoint me a little. I can understand your fans wanting to go on and celebrate but I didn't really see the need for the goading and posturing as I didn't really think it was that sort of atmosphere. It's no big deal really as fortunately very few of our fans were particularly interested in getting on the pitch but I did think the police and steward could have done more to push your lads away from us rather than just staring blankly into the City fans. I felt that it robbed us of an opportunity to really thank the players and management for the journey they've taken us on but I was glad some of them fought their way through your lads to reach us. I'm also glad the lad with the flare has been caught on camera and I hope a substantial ban is coming his way.

I think you have your work cut out to beat Arsenal at a neutral venue but I sincerely hope you can do it and get through to the final.

I'm terribly sorry but objectivity, reason, and fair-mindedness have no place on this forum and I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Mar 2015 13:16

Mags is it you on there forum or an imposter?

Guy with the smoke bomb is probably Will95

186 posts