BFTG - Bradford City

163 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: BFTG - Bradford City

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 14:03

It was ok

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 14:21

What do the stats say?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Mar 2015 14:37

Ian Royal What do the stats say?

3-0

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2015 15:38

Snowball in precise and effective use of statistics shocker

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2015 15:50

Sam <3

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Mar 2015 16:21

Whose his decorator?

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 17 Mar 2015 20:11

Shout out to the man from the North West corner who waded onto the pitch, pulled two stewards off the man they were beating up, and strolled back to his seat.

Turnball ACs at your service. My head went totally and I dread to think what I'd have done to the tw*t stewards had they not backed off. I was fuming, that poor kid weas simply being bullied.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2015 20:16

Turnball ACs Shout out to the man from the North West corner who waded onto the pitch, pulled two stewards off

Hope he cleaned up afterwards

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Mar 2015 20:24

mr_number That's Reading Legend, Martin Keown, to you

He who thinks Jason Pearce is our captain?!

sheffield_bantam

by sheffield_bantam » 17 Mar 2015 20:40

Not normally one to post on opposition forums, but just thought I'd congratulate you lot on last night.

Reading were excellent and completed their game plan to a tee. We were perhaps a bit naiive with out tactics and weren't brave enough on the ball- a game too far. All in all no complaints.

It was my first time to Reading and whilst the traffic getting there was horrendous (got in 5 mins late), the half time catering service was horrendous (got back in 5 mins late) and the performance was horrendous (I don't need to explain this one) I actually enjoyed my visit.

In terms of modern stadia, that's one of the best I've been to, only losing out to Wembley and Rotherham(!). What I actually saw of the first 15 mins was a fairly intimidating atmosphere although this petered out as the game went on which is probably fair. Minus the idiots (of which we showed we had a few too) running on the pitch at the end your support was better than most home supports you see and really spurred on your lads.

Very proud to be a Bradford City fan today, even though we bowed out in such poor fashion. A shame it wasn't a more competitive game after an 11 hour round trip.

Enjoy the rest of the season and best of luck against the Arsenal. Would love to see you lot against Blackburn in the final!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Mar 2015 20:47

you're too kind.

in fact I reckon

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Mar 2015 21:00

Bloody traffic got to the Hotel one up through turnstile goal number two.
if it had been an 8.00 kick off would have been on time.
so not happy by time I sat down despite being two up!
my fault for not leaving home more than half an hour earlier. but defo not RFC fault.
BBC turned down delaying kick off ?
Must have been a thousand or so fans still milling around outside or queuing up.
Yet Dim Teller reckoned only 8000 in ground with twenty minutes to go yet seemed full when I got in.
First time I had missed a kick off ever in fifty odd years of watching any sport.
Cheered up by 2nd half and ecstatic to see Mackie goal the North Stand shook when it went in!

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Mar 2015 21:02

sheffield_bantam Not normally one to post on opposition forums, but just thought I'd congratulate you lot on last night.

Reading were excellent and completed their game plan to a tee. We were perhaps a bit naiive with out tactics and weren't brave enough on the ball- a game too far. All in all no complaints.

It was my first time to Reading and whilst the traffic getting there was horrendous (got in 5 mins late), the half time catering service was horrendous (got back in 5 mins late) and the performance was horrendous (I don't need to explain this one) I actually enjoyed my visit.

In terms of modern stadia, that's one of the best I've been to, only losing out to Wembley and Rotherham(!). What I actually saw of the first 15 mins was a fairly intimidating atmosphere although this petered out as the game went on which is probably fair. Minus the idiots (of which we showed we had a few too) running on the pitch at the end your support was better than most home supports you see and really spurred on your lads.

Very proud to be a Bradford City fan today, even though we bowed out in such poor fashion. A shame it wasn't a more competitive game after an 11 hour round trip.

Enjoy the rest of the season and best of luck against the Arsenal. Would love to see you lot against Blackburn in the final!

It's not like this most games apart from catering.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Mar 2015 22:44

The 2 early goals sorted the game out but really it would have been damn near a miracle if they could have overcome the disadvantage of playing 48 hours earlier.

Parkinson said the early goals knocked the stuffing out of them but really I think Bradford were knackered and there was bugger all stuffing there in the first place, which was a big part of why we were able to dominate early on.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Mar 2015 23:32

Royal Rother The 2 early goals sorted the game out but really it would have been damn near a miracle if they could have overcome the disadvantage of playing 48 hours earlier.

Parkinson said the early goals knocked the stuffing out of them but really I think Bradford were knackered and there was bugger all stuffing there in the first place, which was a big part of why we were able to dominate early on.

Savage got it spot on at the end of the first game when he said he thought we would have a bit too much class for Bradford in the replay.

Typical of Parky, Bradford's success appears to have largely been built on an honest and exceptionally high work rate. As you say, it's hard to repeat that just 48 hours after another hard game. On the other hand, not only were our team relatively well rested but we were also able to invoke plan B and let our greater levels of skill take over from just plain old hard work (there was still plenty of the latter). So we got to do what coaches urge youngsters to do and that is made the ball do the work.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 18 Mar 2015 00:38

Just found this text commentary from the Garudian. Somewhat more amusing than the typically staid BBC offering!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/mar/16/reading-v-bradford-city-fa-cup-quarter-final-replay-live

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 18 Mar 2015 02:25

Well - SC got it right! He rested our first team on Saturday and that paid dividends in the end. We are in the semis for only the second time in our history! And we have surely got to beat Arsenal sometime! Haven't we?

I've not much to add to what has already been written. The two quick goals killed the game as a contest and Bradford never approached the level of performance they showed at Chelsea. Apart from a period late in the first half we played well and controlled the game without ever looking like being in danger.

Mackie, McCleary and Pog played well. If there is any chance of holding on to Chalobah we should take it. MOTM for me and he always looks to control the ball (rather than hoofing it!) and he has a bright future. Williams also did well but needs to control his temper! Feds was not troubled and our back four also looked untroubled. Even HRK did OK and took his goal well!

The pitch 'invasion' at the end was embarrassing - save it for when (if?) we win the cup!!

Job done!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Mar 2015 09:08

Silver Fox Whose his decorator?

Whose?

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 18 Mar 2015 09:58

Harpers So Solid Crew
Silver Fox Whose his decorator?

Whose?

No, Sue Watts is his decorator

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Mar 2015 18:50

For once in such a big one-off match we had some luck with a deflected second which gave us some real momentum to control the remainder of the game and the players performed marvellously on the night. Some of these players have had particularly uninspiring Reading careers but with just one more brave performance (win or lose) against Arsenal they will be remembered fondly for this run.

On a personal note, as a kid I always dreamed of seeing Reading play in the top flight and for the club to play a major cup tie at Wembley. I will lap up the experience on the day and hope for a committed performance from the players to make us proud.

163 posts