Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Semi final tickets?

by NR_Royal » 29 Mar 2015 21:52

I know it's probably been asked loads of times but does anyone have member card with 50+ points that I could use tomorrow for a +1? Don't really fancy going on my own :(

It would be hugely appreciated!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 29 Mar 2015 22:32

Interesting there are no figures on the numbers sold on the website update tonight. If we do have about 11,000 left to sell, with 50+ points now being the selling criteria, I doubt the FA will give us the extras. Clearly we don't need them....Maybe some of the mysteriously unavaliable blocks will also be making their way back to the FA....as several posters pointed out, the amount of tickets for club employees, family, friends and pets does seem rather high!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Mar 2015 22:42

NR_Royal I know it's probably been asked loads of times but does anyone have member card with 50+ points that I could use tomorrow for a +1? Don't really fancy going on my own :(

It would be hugely appreciated!

Yeah I've got 1 - il see if I can find the postcode it's registered too

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Mar 2015 22:59

Well the lack of a +1 to STHs has scared off mates from attending. Who wants to sit on their own?

If we were going to sell out then absolute priority is the right thing to do, but if we're unlikely to and day trippers realise we're going to get thrashed then the TO should have been more generous with the allocation.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 30 Mar 2015 07:07

Could be hugely embarrasing if those "unavailable blocks" are half empty especially the one on the tunnel/steps side of the ground that will be in full view of the TV cameras... :oops:

Delboy

by Delboy » 30 Mar 2015 07:30

Blackburn have still not sold out the Liverpool game. If they get through they have 9 days to sell and distribute 32000 tickets. We have 3 weeks to sell 10000, think the club did the right thing, we can still go to general sale to members.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Mar 2015 08:47

loyalroyaldaz Could be hugely embarrasing if those "unavailable blocks" are half empty especially the one on the tunnel/steps side of the ground that will be in full view of the TV cameras... :oops:

But those seats aren't on sale, so neither club has access to them so not sure who it will be embarrassing for

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Mar 2015 08:58

If the earlier poster is correct about the FA not allowing non-members to buy tickets than the whole '+1' argument is a bit redundant.

By the way - I heard from someone yesterday who was able to move his seat so that he could sit with his non-STH mate. They said it was fine.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Mar 2015 09:16

Elm Park Kid If the earlier poster is correct about the FA not allowing non-members to buy tickets than the whole '+1' argument is a bit redundant.

By the way - I heard from someone yesterday who was able to move his seat so that he could sit with his non-STH mate. They said it was fine.

When I asked yesterday the ticket office said that they were confident that any member with any form of purchase history will be able to get a ticket if they want one.
Tickets would not go to General sale or members with no purchase history on the advice of the FA, I don't know how the FA or the club would react to 5,000 unsold seats.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Mar 2015 09:18

Elm Park Kid If the earlier poster is correct about the FA not allowing non-members to buy tickets than the whole '+1' argument is a bit redundant.

No it isn't. As long as the member buys their ticket, and the +1, the FA would be perfectly happy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Mar 2015 09:20

It isn't a redundant issue though, I think there will be a decent number of occasional fans and that haven't bought tickets because they didn't want to sit on their own and their STH/high points mates couldn't or wouldn't hang around for the later selling periods in fear of not getting a ticket or the tickets they wanted.

There will also be a decent number of young fans who won't be going because their parents have already bought tickets without them because they won't have accumulated enough points despite going regularly because of RFCs ticketing policy.

I can understand the clubs decision on the plus 1, and in many ways it was the correct decisions, but commercially it always seemed a little suspect in terms of being able to shift all the tickets. They were the ones with all the information on purchase behaviour but it seems they might've bottled it and gone for the most conservative policy.

anR

by anR » 30 Mar 2015 09:24

leicsRoyal don't know how the FA or the club would react to 5,000 unsold seats.

Potentially better then mixing the fans together...

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Mar 2015 09:32

anR
leicsRoyal don't know how the FA or the club would react to 5,000 unsold seats.

Potentially better then mixing the fans together...

Agreed but tomorrow we may well be at the point where someone who has attended one game in the last 10 years can get a ticket whilst someone who has held a season ticket for 10 years still wouldn't be able to take their son/daughter.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 30 Mar 2015 09:38

Arsenal will surely get extra if we don't think we can sell. Am sure wembley is well designed for segregation.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Mar 2015 09:42

Hoop Blah

It isn't a redundant issue though, I think there will be a decent number of occasional fans and that haven't bought tickets because they didn't want to sit on their own and their STH/high points mates couldn't or wouldn't hang around for the later selling periods in fear of not getting a ticket or the tickets they wanted.

There will also be a decent number of young fans who won't be going because their parents have already bought tickets without them because they won't have accumulated enough points despite going regularly because of RFCs ticketing policy.

I can understand the clubs decision on the plus 1, and in many ways it was the correct decisions, but commercially it always seemed a little suspect in terms of being able to shift all the tickets. They were the ones with all the information on purchase behaviour but it seems they might've bottled it and gone for the most conservative policy.

I take your point, but I did say in my post that it's now possible for people to move and sit together, you'll just all end up in a less desirable block. Which is probably fairer, why should a +1 take priority over someone with more points? This all comes down to the guy/girl with 2000 points who isn't a season ticket holder this year (for whatever reason) being told that they will struggle to get a seat in a decent area because 12,000 friends of STH holders are going to get priority over them.

Saying that, given the sales volumes I can accept that, with hindsight, the club probably did get it wrong. If we come close to selling out today it will be a bit academic but if not then there will be questions asked.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Mar 2015 10:00

Harpers So Solid Crew Arsenal will surely get extra if we don't think we can sell. Am sure wembley is well designed for segregation.

Given that we took 31,500 and have allowed purchases across every block I can't see them being handed back.

There is of course the mystery of block 102. Either the club kept it for friends and family as has been suggested or it was held back for giving back to Arsenal in case sales were low - in which case it might be released to the 50 pointers today and filled with grinning plastics.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 30 Mar 2015 10:00

Mate of mine goes in Bar 1871 every week - he was offered 8 tickets, so even with all the corporate members being allowed 8 tickets each, we still struggle to shift.

The club should have given STH's the option to buy a +1 for a member - cos whats happened now is those members who don't have high points probably won't bother buying a ticket to sit on their own.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 30 Mar 2015 10:02

Unfortunately still not got another member card yet. Any offers please? :(

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 30 Mar 2015 10:04

TFF in which case it might be released to the 50 pointers today and filled with grinning spastics.

Corrected for you

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 30 Mar 2015 10:09

TFF
Harpers So Solid Crew Arsenal will surely get extra if we don't think we can sell. Am sure wembley is well designed for segregation.

Given that we took 31,500 and have allowed purchases across every block I can't see them being handed back.

There is of course the mystery of block 102. Either the club kept it for friends and family as has been suggested or it was held back for giving back to Arsenal in case sales were low - in which case it might be released to the 50 pointers today and filled with grinning plastics.

I assume it wasn't one of the blocks that the owners bought for themselves?

2002 posts