Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Davezk

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Davezk » 30 Mar 2015 20:03

35 points here. Can't get a ticket.

If I lived near Reading I'd have a season ticket...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Mar 2015 20:04

Davezk 35 points here. Can't get a ticket.

If I lived near Reading I'd have a season ticket...

Happy to help mate. I can get 4 extra that I don't need.

anR

by anR » 30 Mar 2015 20:07

I can get six extra tickets for anyone that needs them.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 30 Mar 2015 20:13

There's a guy on facebook got 2 adult and 1 child's ticket in block 105 if anyone's interested in lower tier tickets. Better than the seats you can get now. He's on "Reading FC .Real fans."

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 30 Mar 2015 20:19

TBM :lol: :lol: :lol:

100,000 members :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they had just given STH's a +1 to start with then we wouldn't be having this issue

Yes we would because those with 1,500 points plus would also demand (and quite rightly) the same rights.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Mar 2015 20:27

OldBiscuit
TBM :lol: :lol: :lol:

100,000 members :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they had just given STH's a +1 to start with then we wouldn't be having this issue

Yes we would because those with 1,500 points plus would also demand (and quite rightly) the same rights.

Why?

You can have 1500 points and have not been to a game for years

It's STH that have put the money into the club this season, so reward them for it and make others think "wish I was a STH now"

kane_4

by kane_4 » 30 Mar 2015 20:35

I have 2 tickets in 510, yellow, front of upper tier. Is there anyone who is willing to SWAP with me who is in lower, blue so that I can move to or close to the singing section. This would obviously involve me paying the price difference! Mine are 17-21 tickets however it doesn't matter too much what category yours are.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Mar 2015 20:38

^ LOL

Catterick Royal

by Catterick Royal » 30 Mar 2015 20:46

Me and son don't have enough points and desperate for tickets. My brother got tickets for Derby and Bradford so points not on my membership. Can anyone help.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 30 Mar 2015 20:48

So, still no sign of the fabled 'amount sold annoucement'...... :lol: :lol:

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 30 Mar 2015 21:00

A STH is NOT a better fan than a membership holder that cannot afford a Season Ticket for whatever reason, but still goes week in week out paying as he goes. In fact I know that quite a few STH's that aren't bothering at the moment because wer'e not doing well.
The Ticket Office should really have let tickets go on sale to STH and members with say 500 points or more at the same time, and That way we could all have bought with our mates and no need for the +1. There were certainly enough tickets to cater for both categories at the same time and still have a few thousand spare for day trippers.

anR

by anR » 30 Mar 2015 21:04

I can get six extra tickets if anyone is in a bind. PM me.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 30 Mar 2015 21:08

OldBiscuit A STH is NOT a better fan than a membership holder that cannot afford a Season Ticket for whatever reason, but still goes week in week out paying as he goes. In fact I know that quite a few STH's that aren't bothering at the moment because wer'e not doing well.
The Ticket Office should really have let tickets go on sale to STH and members with say 500 points or more at the same time, and That way we could all have bought with our mates and no need for the +1. There were certainly enough tickets to cater for both categories at the same time and still have a few thousand spare for day trippers.

You are confusing the abstract concept of a 'better' fan with the very real concept of who pays most money to the club, preferably in advance.

I believe the way this has been handled means there will be lots of fans unable to sit with the people they want to, as well as loads I Arsenal fans in with Reading.

That said it is probably the least objectionable outcome for the club, as it is less of a PR issue than if there were fans with loads of points not getting tickets.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Mar 2015 21:12

OldBiscuit A STH is NOT a better fan than a membership holder that cannot afford a Season Ticket for whatever reason, but still goes week in week out paying as he goes. In fact I know that quite a few STH's that aren't bothering at the moment because wer'e not doing well.

Why create a situation where everybody is trying to buy at the same time ? It's been easy to buy because sales have been spread out. Suddenly you want to try and sell 25,000 tickets on day 1 !
and no one has claimed STH are better than anyone else, but it's pretty standard that part of the benefit of stumping up your money in one go well in advance of the season is you get a few privileges. Without STH clubs would struggle to get through the close season...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Mar 2015 21:13

Catterick Royal Me and son don't have enough points and desperate for tickets. My brother got tickets for Derby and Bradford so points not on my membership. Can anyone help.

I smell an Arsenal fan...........

I'm only helping out genuine longtime nobbers I'm afraid chap sorry.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Mar 2015 21:18

Tend to agree. Happy to help but , no offence to anyone, I would need concrete evidence that I was hoping a genuine Royal.
Recently registered posters asking for tickets with their first post may be genuine but I'm not taking chances given their ticket would be traceable back to me.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 30 Mar 2015 21:26

jd82

You are confusing the abstract concept of a 'better' fan with the very real concept of who pays most money to the club, preferably in advance.

I believe the way this has been handled means there will be lots of fans unable to sit with the people they want to, as well as loads I Arsenal fans in with Reading.

That said it is probably the least objectionable outcome for the club, as it is less of a PR issue than if there were fans with loads of points not getting tickets.[/quote

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I totally agree with you regarding the system in place denies many fans the chance of enjoying the day with their pals, which is why I am suggesting that Members should have been able to purchase alongside and at the same time as STH's, that way if you couldn't sit with your pal it would be because that pal wasn't entitled.

As far as the abstract concept of a 'better fan', I think many STH's posting are suggesting just that, which is why I raised the issue?

Catterick Royal

by Catterick Royal » 30 Mar 2015 21:34

I'm not Arsenal but could see why you would think that. If anyone wants to pm me they can quiz me as much as they like. I can provide my Membership number but have less 50 points due to being deployed end of last year. Someone is trying to help me out so if you think I am not RFC then no problem.
Last edited by Catterick Royal on 30 Mar 2015 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

Davezk

by Davezk » 30 Mar 2015 21:43

Going to try ring tomorrow and get 2 tickets for me and my missus. If they fob me off I'll have to ask a favour from someone kind :wink:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Mar 2015 21:45

Dave-Royal 2 tickets per ST now

just the 4 pages late this time, my god you really are such a dick.

2002 posts