Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Hoop Blah » 31 Mar 2015 14:19

Silver Fox Nobody who should be going has been needlessly restricted by anything other than their own choices

Yes they have.

The club created a perception that tickets wouldn't be available for those with low points or no existing member cards. They got that wrong and I know of at least 3 kids that won't be at the game because they didn't fit that profile and so their dads went ahead and bought tickets without. They assumed the clubs estimates were pretty robust and accurate and that as a result they wouldn't have been able to get their kids along.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 31 Mar 2015 14:23

+1 to the above. I was just going to say that.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 31 Mar 2015 14:32

Hoop Blah
Silver Fox Nobody who should be going has been needlessly restricted by anything other than their own choices

Yes they have.

The club created a perception that tickets wouldn't be available for those with low points or no existing member cards. They got that wrong and I know of at least 3 kids that won't be at the game because they didn't fit that profile and so their dads went ahead and bought tickets without. They assumed the clubs estimates were pretty robust and accurate and that as a result they wouldn't have been able to get their kids along.

Can you blame them though? If you think this is bad, imagine if they'd given people hope and then been unable to fulfil selling to certain groups. This happened against Man City a few years ago and the club were absolutely lambasted.

Tickets for a 12.45 kick off 4 hours away flew off the shelf. Equally so, we sold 18,000 tickets in next to no time for a Monday night kick off.

With this in mind, you can forgive the club for expecting tickets for this match to be highly sought after, and the ticket strategy reflects that.

They did their planning and worked out we had roughly 30,000 supporters who were either a STH or had 300+ points. Imagine how many supporters with several hundred points would have missed out if they had offered STHs 2 tickets?

We will sell out this game one way or another, and I can understand the frustration, but the club have done all the can/could to try and make this process as fair as possible.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 31 Mar 2015 14:33

I went on line for my tickets, asked for blue and ended up in top tier down the side when expecting to get middle behind the goal, not happy! I would rather be in 106 whether theres a drummer or not.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 31 Mar 2015 14:35

Anyway, what has happened to Dave royal today, he is very quiet. Perhaps its therapy day!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Mar 2015 14:38

WAZZOCK Can you blame them though?

Yes.

At the time I said I thought it was commercially the wrong decision but that fair play to the club for looking after the most loyal fans and ensuring they all had the chance to get a ticket. It was their PR that made out that demand would outstrip supply and pushed fans into buying tickets in a rush when some would've been better off waiting for the later sale dates to get the tickets for additional fans.

I've always thought a plus 1 policy would've been the most appropriate and I don't have access to the full breadth of information the club has. They should be able to model demand more accurately using the data and their combined experience.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Hoop Blah I've always thought a plus 1 policy would've been the most appropriate and I don't have access to the full breadth of information the club has. They should be able to model demand more accurately using the data and their combined experience.

alol

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 Mar 2015 14:46

We won't have this problem in the (highly unlikely event) of us reaching the Final; with fewer tickets allocated to each club than the semi, plus thousands likely to be pocketed for friends and family by our now (surprisingly enough......) interested Thai owners, there should only be enough left from our allocation for each STH to have 1 ticket each.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 31 Mar 2015 14:55

Surely if the club had opted for STH's having a +1 as long as the +1 came from one of the other eligible groups then it might have worked and most people would be happy, I suspect in fact hat a lot of those not coming are in the latter category. If the club have any sense they will have recorded all the information for future reference

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Mar 2015 15:03

Do you know if the ticketing system can do +1 where that + 1 has to fit certain criteria ?
Lots of great hindsight on display at the moment, I bet if they had done +1 we'd have very similar discussions about wht that was wrong....

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 Mar 2015 15:04

Club latest: Buy one get one free from Thursday onwards.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 31 Mar 2015 15:12

Hoop Blah

Yes they have.

I think everyone got the projected figures wrong. The club got the initial 300+ points cut-off wrong and STHs obviously thought they needed to get in quickly, panicked and bought too soon in some cases.
Personally, I thought it would go on sale to all 'members' towards the end but never thought it would struggle to sell out.

Seems people just aren't that bothered which is a shame as it probably shows the state of the club at the moment outside the diehards. I think TV and the fact that we are so unlikely to win is the clincher for those toying with going or not.

theresayakonthepitch

by theresayakonthepitch » 31 Mar 2015 15:15

Nameless Do you know if the ticketing system can do +1 where that + 1 has to fit certain criteria ?
Lots of great hindsight on display at the moment, I bet if they had done +1 we'd have very similar discussions about wht that was wrong....

If you call them it seems they can do whatever they like. Mate got an additional +2 for his kids on a member card with 400 points earlier.
Got to sit separately but the +2s aren't even members

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Mar 2015 15:27

theresayakonthepitch
Hoop Blah

Yes they have.

I think everyone got the projected figures wrong. The club got the initial 300+ points cut-off wrong and STHs obviously thought they needed to get in quickly, panicked and bought too soon in some cases.
Personally, I thought it would go on sale to all 'members' towards the end but never thought it would struggle to sell out.

Seems people just aren't that bothered which is a shame as it probably shows the state of the club at the moment outside the diehards. I think TV and the fact that we are so unlikely to win is the clincher for those toying with going or not.

But you were the main one banging on about how STH's shouldn't be given a +1.........If they had, then i don't believe we would have been in this embarrassing position

What's next

"If you've ever come off of the M4 at Junction 11 then you can now buy a ticket"

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Mar 2015 15:34

theresayakonthepitch
Nameless Do you know if the ticketing system can do +1 where that + 1 has to fit certain criteria ?

If you call them it seems they can do whatever they like. Mate got an additional +2 for his kids on a member card with 400 points earlier.
Got to sit separately but the +2s aren't even members

So your plan is for everyone to phone up to buy tickets from the start...

That would work :wink:

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 31 Mar 2015 15:36

theresayakonthepitch I think everyone got the projected figures wrong. The club got the initial 300+ points cut-off wrong and STHs obviously thought they needed to get in quickly, panicked and bought too soon in some cases.

Not just the TV. The day and time are also hardly enticing + Arsenal were the worst team left we could have drawn by a country mile. Hate the club and their self-righteous to$$pots of supporters. I would have MUCH more enthusiasm for us v Villa, Blackburn or Liverpool . I would not have made a trip to the Mad Stad for a ticket for this game. If we had drawn any of the other teams I would have gone to the Mad Stad get a ticket. Purely for the historical occasion for me and I think many others think the same.
Last edited by Glory Boy on 31 Mar 2015 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 Mar 2015 15:38

72 bus Club latest: Buy one get one free from Thursday onwards.

Bogof

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 31 Mar 2015 15:39

Yikes, if we can't attract the glory boys then we have no chance selling our allocation.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 31 Mar 2015 15:40

It manages to process groups of tickets together when all those member cards are eligible so I'd assume they'd have some capacity for setting up difference thresholds for the plus 1.

My comments aren't hindsight by the way, I said on here at the time it was probably the wrong move commercially and that I thought STH should get a plus 1. I also didn't think we'd sell out before going on what is in effect general sale but I didn't take that chance because of the clubs statements so my mate, a former STH for a number of years, isn't coming.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Mar 2015 15:43

Because it does one thing doesn't mean it can also do something different. So much of the discussion is centred on people assuming, or guessing, or making stuff up. Not always unreasonably !
I also was in the +1 camp, but have said as well that which ever way the club went on it there was a chance it would be wrong in hindsight.
Saying a coin will land heads doesn't make one psychic if it does in fact land heads....

2002 posts