Pogrebnyak - 8

Karacan - 8
Cox - 7
Yakubu - 7

Clarke - 10
Reading Fans - 10
Arsenal fans - 3
Ref - 6
How can you give Pog 8 out of 10... ian Royal He should of scored 2 goal he was Shit......

Mark out of 10 for Pog is 4 out 10 piss poor he was
only player let us down... get rid of him in summer

Dave. You don't know man, you weren't there.

And you do come across as being as thick as oxf*rd pig shit. Try learning to write.

biff

Re: BFTG - Arsenal

by biff » 19 Apr 2015 23:23

sandman
biff The Pogs 2 efforts need to be looked at in the context. Both times he was put through very early inside their half, leaving him with 40 yards sprints before he's in true scoring range. Anyone thats played football knows that end the end of a long sprint like that, invariably your legs and judgement are gone. No real blame attached, he's never been the player to burst through the defence.

Also amazed at how high our defenders were playing, but it really worked with the high intensity we played (and subsequently couldnt keep up) for the duration. Would like to have seen Cox on a fair bit earlier for the shattered Pogrebnyak. He covered every blade.

Personally I feel that while that maybe true on the parks I don't think it should be an excuse for a professional player with international experience. He just got cramped for space.

true true, but i think he's still entitled to be absolute knackered after the miles he put in. Just fishing for some explanations and positives to stop me topping myself...

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Apr 2015 23:29

Had a fantastic day out as I thougt I would - many funny moments
Trying to get " Jamie Mackies having a party" started in the tube full of Arsenal fans, on the way to the game was a highlight

The game itself was much much better than I expected and to take such a strong team to extra time was a brilliant effort
In a game of many stars, Williams and Hector stood out and I lost count of how many times I shouted out well played Michael

The winning goal seemed to happen in unreal slow motion.

The anti climax was huge but curiously didn't seem to last long. It was more the next day when it sunk in just how close we had come and how we might not get there again and then how we would definitely have taken Villa!

Great day out, so proud but ultimately disappointed

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2015 23:29

I refuse to even consider giving any Reading player that started that match less than an 8. Pog may have put in a couple of weak shots he should have done better on, but he worked his bollocks off the same as everyone else and was part of the goal we did score. He closed Arsenal down, won the ball and troubled their defence.

Trying to get through top class defenders and finish, well I'm willing to cut him some slack if he scuffs it.

Now, against Birmingham... that'd be another story.

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 19 Apr 2015 23:31

I know what you mean Biff. I'm proud of what the boys achieved on the pitch but I just wish that for once we could win one of these big games. All the headlines saying we gave them a good run for their money does little to console me to be honest.

biff

by biff » 19 Apr 2015 23:44

ruprecht I know what you mean Biff. I'm proud of what the boys achieved on the pitch but I just wish that for once we could win one of these big games. All the headlines saying we gave them a good run for their money does little to console me to be honest.

Very true. It's always been the same. The masochist in me quite likes the "Plucky little Reading" moniker. But my fkin christ can we not just win something.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2015 23:48

biff
ruprecht I know what you mean Biff. I'm proud of what the boys achieved on the pitch but I just wish that for once we could win one of these big games. All the headlines saying we gave them a good run for their money does little to console me to be honest.

Very true. It's always been the same. The masochist in me quite likes the "Plucky little Reading" moniker. But my fkin christ can we not just win something.

2 Championship titles?

Reading6Barrow3

by Reading6Barrow3 » 19 Apr 2015 23:59

Brilliant day. So proud of all the players. Half way through the second half I actually started to think we would win, which made it even more disappointing when they scored. Hector was superb, Pearce so solid, and Williams was immense.

Haven't seen any highlights on the tv, but was Mackie hauled back by the last man ? Ref take the easy option of playing advantage ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2015 00:05

Reading6Barrow3 Brilliant day. So proud of all the players. Half way through the second half I actually started to think we would win, which made it even more disappointing when they scored. Hector was superb, Pearce so solid, and Williams was immense.

Haven't seen any highlights on the tv, but was Mackie hauled back by the last man ? Ref take the easy option of playing advantage ?

Unfortunately the ref made the right call (mostly). It wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity IMO, too far to go, others may have got back etc. But it should have been a yellow. Playing the advantage was correct. Had the ref blown up and Pog got on the end and smashed it in there would have been hell to pay. It's just a shame Pog isn't quick enough or good enough to put it away under that circumstance.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Apr 2015 00:17

Ian Royal
biff

2 Championship titles?

Simod Cup

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Apr 2015 00:20

Gutted and proud in equal measure

Really brave tactics, took it to em and got up in their grills. Well in the game throughout.

Williams and hector equal mom for me. Chalobah just behind with Pearce. Rest also superb. Lack of a goal scorercost us again.

So gutted for feds. Utterly inconsolable at the end.

biff

by biff » 20 Apr 2015 00:23

Uke
Ian Royal
biff Very true. It's always been the same. The masochist in me quite likes the "Plucky little Reading" moniker. But my fkin christ can we not just win something.

2 Championship titles?

Simod Cup

too young to remember that but our nearly moments still definitely outweigh our relatively recent successes.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Apr 2015 06:25

leon
Maguire Hope everyone had a blinding day out - was sorry to miss it.

I met LUX and Green in the toilets of a London Real Ale pub so it was a Good Day.

Probably not the place I would arrange a meat but each to their own.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Apr 2015 08:33

Yup, he'll do...

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 20 Apr 2015 09:15

More gutted than I thought id be,
at one point I really thought we could have done it

Team gave their all but feel so sorry for Feds. Even Arsenal supporting other half had the sense not to gloat! Surprised their fans were so quiet, our fans did us proud

Hats off to the very drunk man at the torch who vommed on the floor then downed his pint

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 20 Apr 2015 09:29

muddyfeet More gutted than I thought id be,
at one point I really thought we could have done it

Team gave their all but feel so sorry for Feds. Even Arsenal supporting other half had the sense not to gloat! Surprised their fans were so quiet, our fans did us proud

Hats off to the very drunk man at the torch who vommed on the floor then downed his pint

Jano

by Jano » 20 Apr 2015 09:31

Overall a great day out but I'm still disappointed. Arsenal were there for the taking and I genuinely believe Clarke cost us at least the lottery of penalties. I will say he got the tactics spot on and also obviously got the players well and truly up for it, but the substitutions were awfully timed. At about 70 minutes gone I was thinking surely we are going to make some subs, the players, especially in centre mid were dead on their feet, we couldn't track the Arsenal runs anymore and the pressure they were piling on was immense. By the 80th minute I was screaming for subs, most of the people around me were too. Karacan came on far too late, and he should have made the other two substitutions before Arsenal scored in extra time. As much as Feds made a mistake, the goal came from our players being too tired to track back and follow their runs. Fresh legs would have countered that.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Apr 2015 09:33

Man Friday No they didn't.

Yes they did

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2015 09:34

Jano I genuinely believe Clarke cost us at least the lottery of penalties.

What?! :|

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2015 09:38

bobby1413
Jano I genuinely believe Clarke cost us at least the lottery of penalties.

What?! :|

+1 Lets not skirt around the issue - Feds clanger cost us penalties. It was Sunday league stuff.

Clarke's stock has risen massively after the weekend I suspect.

251 posts