Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 22:08

Will wait to judge Steve Clarke when he has his own squad not the squad mostly assembled by Zinarevich and Adkins.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 22:10

Madejski has a lot to answer for. I fcuking hope the Thais are genuine.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Apr 2015 22:13

No panic from me, just utter bewilderment and thankful we have another year in the championship!

Exciting times ahead. This club will get totally dismantled. Gunter and Mccleary the only likely starters on match day 1.

With the new international scout in place expect many new names.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 22:16

paultheroyal No panic from me, just utter bewilderment and thankful we have another year in the championship!

Exciting times ahead. This club will get totally dismantled. Gunter and Mccleary the only likely starters on match day 1.

With the new international scout in place expect many new names.

Yep me too. Can't wait for the summer cull. At least we'll have plenty to discuss on here!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 22:32

MmmMonsterMunch
Baggie192 just seen the rotherham score? Please don't give the Scot's clown any money Surely he and Keen must go useless and gutless unless at Wembley. Thatt's why this shouldn't be forgiven As I said before I like Reading, this is undeserved :evil:

Oh come on this game is meaningless. 20th or 21st. Who really cares?

You genuinely don't think that finishing the season in absolutely abject form will have any affect on squad morale, faith in the manager, who is willing to sign if offered a new deal, or ability to recruit decent new talent from elsewhere?

At all?

Really?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 22:56

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
Baggie192 just seen the rotherham score? Please don't give the Scot's clown any money Surely he and Keen must go useless and gutless unless at Wembley. Thatt's why this shouldn't be forgiven As I said before I like Reading, this is undeserved :evil:

Oh come on this game is meaningless. 20th or 21st. Who really cares?

You genuinely don't think that finishing the season in absolutely abject form will have any affect on squad morale, faith in the manager, who is willing to sign if offered a new deal, or ability to recruit decent new talent from elsewhere?

At all?

Really?

Not really no. If none of the current lot re-sign bye then! FL and potentially also PL players will want to play for Clarke. He has good pedigree, he commands respect and he has good connections.

For every hard luck story, there's another the other way round. Look at Wycombe this season for example. This season's league placing has no bearing on what happens next year - even more so if 2/3 of the starting 11 has changed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Apr 2015 22:58

MmmMonsterMunch Madejski has a lot to answer for. I fcuking hope the Thais are genuine.

The do appear to be genuine Thais. :wink:

Trouble is Madejski is already feeding them his failed 'how to become successful and stay successful on peanuts' plan.

sandman Will wait to judge Steve Clarke when he has his own squad not the squad mostly assembled by Zinarevich and Adkins.

Yep, can't wait for more quality signings like Yakubu, Knight and Appiah. :cry:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 23:06

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal You genuinely don't think that finishing the season in absolutely abject form will have any affect on squad morale, faith in the manager, who is willing to sign if offered a new deal, or ability to recruit decent new talent from elsewhere?

At all?

Really?

Not really no. If none of the current lot re-sign bye then! FL and potentially also PL players will want to play for Clarke. He has good pedigree, he commands respect and he has good connections.

For every hard luck story, there's another the other way round. Look at Wycombe this season for example. This season's league placing has no bearing on what happens next year - even more so if 2/3 of the starting 11 has changed.

You're aware that it's only really Pearce, Karacan and Federici of the genuine first teamers who are out of contract right?

I think you're rather over-egging Clarke and ignoring the glaring negatives as if they wouldn't possibly figure into anyone's decision. There are a lot of managers with good pedigree (Clarke actually has very little as a manager), who command respect (a pretty meaningless phrase from someone totally outside the game) and have good connections. They also manage teams who will go into next season not having finished just above the relegation zone and didn't finish the season with (probably) 0 wins in 9.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:08

RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch Madejski has a lot to answer for. I fcuking hope the Thais are genuine.

The do appear to be genuine Thais. :wink:

Trouble is Madejski is already feeding them his failed 'how to become successful and stay successful on peanuts' plan.

sandman Will wait to judge Steve Clarke when he has his own squad not the squad mostly assembled by Zinarevich and Adkins.

Yep, can't wait for more quality signings like Yakubu, Knight and Appiah. :cry:

Aren't you even a tiny bit curious as to what he can do over the summer RB? Putting the bile aside for a second, why aren't you prepared to see what he can do at the start of next season before writing him off?

Why would you afford 2 years to Adkins but less than 6 months for Clarke knowing what you know about how badly things have been run behind the scenes? And you are always the first to point that out after all.

Aren't you even a little angry at the players?

Judging him on those 3 signings you've mentioned really is ridiculous BTW. They were all short term loans & have now ALL gone. In effect, as at now, he has NONE of his own players. NOT ONE. If he really had some decent cash, he'd have raided Chelsea for some more loanees wouldn't he??

Clearly the Chelsea lads were a favour - they were streets ahead of most of our team.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 23:11

He's upset because Zingarevich and Nige failed and now he's lashing out at Clarke when the guy is just trying to do a job with what was left behind from the previous regime.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 23:11

I find myself perversely looking forward to the next six months just to see whether sandman will crack in his use of Clarke to beat on Adkins and at what point of awful, should that occur, it happens.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:14

With all the sh1t and money problems etc etc etc, why call for the club to start sacking Clarke? FFP will be bad enough as it is without more compo to pay.

I just find it mental. Have this conversation 15-20 games into next season perhaps but wanting him out now is absurd.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 23:18

MmmMonsterMunch With all the sh1t and money problems etc etc etc, why call for the club to start sacking Clarke? FFP will be bad enough as it is without more compo to pay.

I just find it mental. Have this conversation 15-20 games into next season perhaps but wanting him out now is absurd.

Of course it is but their knees are jerking and there is the wanting to save face due to the failed promises of their men. If Clarke fails on his promise tonight re not being near relegation next season then rightly we should call for his head but doing it now is madness.
Last edited by sandman on 28 Apr 2015 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 23:25

MmmMonsterMunch With all the sh1t and money problems etc etc etc, why call for the club to start sacking Clarke? FFP will be bad enough as it is without more compo to pay.

I haven't? If that was aimed at me.

If not. How embarrassing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:30

Ian Royal

I haven't? If that was aimed at me.

If not. How embarrassing.

Not you but the likes of RB & Lacoste want him out to name a couple. I remain convinced that Clarke can get some fresh blood in & get that team a bit further up the table which ultimately has to be the main aim for next season until we can fully weed out the mercenaries in 2016. We'll do well to get 55 points or more I'd suggest.

If he can work some magic and shift Pog, HRK, Akpan, Ferdinand & Blackman then he gets extra brownie points. You could probably pay for a brand new starting 11 with the cash those 5 are on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 23:36

I'd quite happily see us relegated if next season we played:

Andersen
Keown, Hector, Cooper, Owusu
Stacey, Kuhl, Tshibola, Obita
Tanner
Samuel

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:38

Ian Royal I'd quite happily see us relegated if next season we played:

Andersen
Keown, Hector, Cooper, Owusu
Stacey, Kuhl, Tshibola, Obita
Tanner
Samuel

Well he's looking at them now that's for sure.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 28 Apr 2015 23:51

Am with those who say Clarke needs at least until midway through next season before any judgements are made. Have quite liked his post match interviews that have largely been laying into the team, obviously knows that something isn't right and he intends to fix it.

I don't think he would have come to Reading if he didn't think he'd be given a fair crack at turning things around (transfer money etc.), we just need to move a few of the higher earners at the club along first. Will be an interesting 12 months for RFC but I'm looking forward to a massive change in playing staff as I'm utterly disinterested with the current mob.

Worst case scenario is we get relegated next season, Pog and a few other big money contracts expire and we play a team full of academy products. I'd much rather watch us produce youth players in League 1 than playing uttertwats like Drenthe and Guthrie in the Championship anyway.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 28 Apr 2015 23:56

When does Pog's contract end, and tell me the club signed Ferdinand on a pay as you play contract, knowing his record playing wise for the last couple of years.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 28 Apr 2015 23:58

From memory Pog's contract expires next year. Fairly sure Ferdinand was on a two year deal so that will also be next year :lol:

1897 posts