SPECULATION - Alex Pearce to Liverpool

Froomes

Re: SPECULATION - Alex Pearce to Liverpool

by Froomes » 13 May 2015 10:08

It's bound to be Pearce, mainly because he's the only one of the three we should cut loose and we're also the only ones who would be stupid enough to offer him half decent wages!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 May 2015 10:21

From Despair To Where? I do wonder about these Karacan to Watford or Bournemouth rumours. seems a bit of a risk for a newly promoted team who will more than likely be fighting to stay up next season. He's coming off 2 seasons of injury hell and at his best, I wouldn't see him as an improvement on what they already have. The only thing going for it would be it being a free transfer

no risk whatsoever

get a very good player, who they get for free and only have to offer a two year contract to, on slightly better than average championship wages.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 May 2015 19:15

tidus_mi2
Handsome Man I hate it when old managers come back to their old clubs and take away their best players.

Not heard any rumours of anyone going for Hector.

He said best players.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2015 22:00

sandman
tidus_mi2
Handsome Man I hate it when old managers come back to their old clubs and take away their best players.

Not heard any rumours of anyone going for Hector.

He said best players.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Player of the Season contest, where Hector was in the top three, despite it being his first full season at this level. Lets hope he kicks on rather than stutters like Obita.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 May 2015 22:34

And what a season it was, the defence Hector was a part of was probably the main reason why Federici won the award.

I refer the honourable gentleman to Dylan Kerr, James Harper and Stephen Hunt.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 14 May 2015 07:08

Woodley-RFC There is No Loyal in our Club ...now..... all I can say Feds,Pearce,Karacan...... if they what more Money... F-uck off to Watford or B,mouth or Liverpool..... They can go.... Simply as That

I hope your boss tells you that next time you ask for a pay rise.
None of us know what's been offered to any of the players.
If the club can't afford to offer them a modest pay rise you can understand why they would listen to other clubs.
I'm not making excuses for players' wages, but all three of those guys are probably only going to earn money for the next five years and with families to support they have to do what's right for them. I'm sure if the club offered all three a decent contract they'd sign it. It's the harsh reality of a small club struggling to adhere to FFP i'm afraid!

Woodley-RFC

by Woodley-RFC » 14 May 2015 19:05

marcusopp
Woodley-RFC There is No Loyal in our Club ...now..... all I can say Feds,Pearce,Karacan...... if they what more Money... F-uck off to Watford or B,mouth or Liverpool..... They can go.... Simply as That

If the club can't afford to offer them a modest pay rise you can understand why they would listen to other clubs.
I'm not making excuses for players' wages, but all three of those guys are probably only going to earn money for the next five years and with families to support they have to do what's right for them. I'm sure if the club offered all three a decent contract they'd sign it. It's the harsh reality of a small club struggling to adhere to FFP i'm afraid!
true but readingfc should offer more cash

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 May 2015 19:16

So we're going to possibly let all 3 go on a free?? Yay The Reading Way. :roll:

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 14 May 2015 20:05

Woodley-RFC
marcusopp

true but readingfc should offer more cash

I couldn't agree more. Truth is we don't know either what's been offered or what the club can afford. To lose three of your best and longest serving players at once would be a huge blow. For some reason i think if one goes, they'll all go. Fingers crossed one signs soon...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 May 2015 22:12

sandman And what a season it was, the defence Hector was a part of was probably the main reason why Federici won the award.

I refer the honourable gentleman to Dylan Kerr, James Harper and Stephen Hunt.

When Feds got it, there was an article on the OS which mentioned he was only our fourth goalkeeper to win it or something, and it was terrible not seeing Marcus on there. Absolutely cheated. Maybe if he'd hospitalised Shevchenko the Jonny-come-latelys would have heard of him.