Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour Boaz Myhill

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jun 2015 16:17

ok boys put your handbags down

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jun 2015 16:17

You're the one with the handbag, tranny.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jun 2015 16:19

sorry what was that I was rearranging my frenchies

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Jun 2015 16:24

Pepe the Horseman Takes one to know one.

I know you are, you said you are, but what am i?

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 13 Jun 2015 19:27

Back to Myhill :D He's going to be No. 1 for us most of next year as Foster's knackered and not due back unti;l Late this year. Last I heard, both he and Gareth McCauley were going to be offered new deals

No Fixed Abode

Rumour - Boaz Myhill

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Jun 2015 14:19

Looks likely to sign when his contract expires next month.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Boaz Myhill

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jun 2015 14:51

Mixed reports, some saying he is out of contract , others aren't. Strange

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 27 Jun 2015 15:22

LoyalRoyal22 Mixed reports, some saying he is out of contract , others aren't. Strange

Our Offical site says option taken so isn't out of contract. http://tinyurl.com/p3yo92u
HITC reprinting a dead story from 17 days ago, slow news day for them

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jun 2015 16:37

It's only Kes, Mr Baggie.ignore him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jun 2015 16:52

Perhaps the idea of placeholder who waits for Foster to get fit before dropping back to the bench for the season doesn't appeal to Mr Myhill as much as it did 17 days ago.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jun 2015 17:58

sandman Perhaps the idea of placeholder who waits for Foster to get fit before dropping back to the bench for the season doesn't appeal to Mr Myhill as much as it did 17 days ago.

I don't think Myhill had any say in the extension so what he thinks now or 17 days ago shouldn't really have any bearing on things.

It could be that West Brom have taken up the option just to get a fee for a player who wants to leave and has interest and a potential move lined up.

Clarke did hint that one of the keepers he had lined up may cost a little bit, perhaps that's a fee for Myhill to get him out of this additional year? I doubt it, but it's plausible, especially as Myhill said he didn't know what was happening about his contract not too long ago.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jun 2015 18:18

Hoop Blah
sandman Perhaps the idea of placeholder who waits for Foster to get fit before dropping back to the bench for the season doesn't appeal to Mr Myhill as much as it did 17 days ago.

I don't think Myhill had any say in the extension so what he thinks now or 17 days ago shouldn't really have any bearing on things.

It could be that West Brom have taken up the option just to get a fee for a player who wants to leave and has interest and a potential move lined up.

Clarke did hint that one of the keepers he had lined up may cost a little bit, perhaps that's a fee for Myhill to get him out of this additional year? I doubt it, but it's plausible, especially as Myhill said he didn't know what was happening about his contract not too long ago.

:shock:

No shit, really?

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 27 Jun 2015 18:27

Hoop Blah

Very Unlikely :D Due to the fact we pay decent wages I can't see him giving up Premiership footy plus a pay cut. When his likely to have at least 6 months as a No.1 He's had chances to go before, but, has always stayed, so, he must like the club :lol:

Woodley-RFC

by Woodley-RFC » 27 Jun 2015 20:13

Baggie192
Hoop Blah

Very Unlikely :D Due to the fact we pay decent wages I can't see him giving up Premiership footy plus a pay cut. When his likely to have at least 6 months as a No.1 He's had chances to go before, but, has always stayed, so, he must like the club :lol:
Myhill worked under Clarke at West Brom and Clarke would like to reunite with the keeper. Although Boaz will probably be the first choice now, Ben foster will be back from injury soon, resulting in Myhill resorting back to the bench. At the age of 32, that isn't something you want to be doing, so a move to Reading would be a good one for him and Reading

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 28 Jun 2015 00:28

Baggie192
Hoop Blah

Myhill clearly needs regular first team football at his age. Considering West Brom can only offer him 6 months of that and the fact they are supposedly in the market for a new keeper, meaning he may not even get that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on, to us or to someone else.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jun 2015 08:37

Hope we can do a deal here, best established keeper on the market that might be in our price range and think we need established experience rather than developing talent at this point in time. Developing talent could be Moore as no. 2 though......

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Jun 2015 11:24

sandman :shock:

No shit, really?

Not sure what you're point is here sandman, you were the one that said he might not be so keen on staying as he was 17 days before when the contract was extended.

Baggie192 Very Unlikely :D Due to the fact we pay decent wages I can't see him giving up Premiership footy plus a pay cut. When his likely to have at least 6 months as a No.1 He's had chances to go before, but, has always stayed, so, he must like the club :lol:

You may well be right, I've no idea how much he'll be on or what we're looking to offer him or how much he's got a taste for playing every week again after the last few months. I imagine he's earned enough from being so well paid at West Brom to be able to take a bit of a drop in pay to play every week if he wants to.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 28 Jun 2015 14:37

Hoop Blah
sandman :shock:

No shit, really?

Not sure what you're point is here sandman, you were the one that said he might not be so keen on staying as he was 17 days before when the contract was extended.

Baggie192 Very Unlikely :D Due to the fact we pay decent wages I can't see him giving up Premiership footy plus a pay cut. When his likely to have at least 6 months as a No.1 He's had chances to go before, but, has always stayed, so, he must like the club :lol:

You may well be right, I've no idea how much he'll be on or what we're looking to offer him or how much he's got a taste for playing every week again after the last few months. I imagine he's earned enough from being so well paid at West Brom to be able to take a bit of a drop in pay to play every week if he wants to.

Both GK's are classed as first team, so, with the improved contracts over the years, you're looking at high £20s-low £30k. Pulis never rated Fozzy at Stoke. The extension gives the club time to offer a new contract later in the window. If offered, I presume he'll get a pay rise They're due back the 1st so we''ll know then eh