Rumour Boaz Myhill

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour Boaz Myhill

by Reading4eva » 28 Jun 2015 18:28

I may wet myself with excitement at this. One of my favourite keepers at other clubs. He's quality, if I was Mourinhio I'd say did Green and bring this guy in.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Boaz Myhill

by Hoop Blah » 30 Jun 2015 10:37

Baggie192 Both GK's are classed as first team, so, with the improved contracts over the years, you're looking at high £20s-low £30k. Pulis never rated Fozzy at Stoke. The extension gives the club time to offer a new contract later in the window. If offered, I presume he'll get a pay rise They're due back the 1st so we''ll know then eh

Both are classed as First Team? I think you've been playing too much Championship Manager Mr Baggie...

The only thing things that will really matter to Myhill are his chances of playing and the size of his pay packet, his 'status' as a first team keeper won't mean anything if he's sat on the bench once Foster is back to fitness and personally I'm hopeful that at his age he'll see being number 1 here on a 3 year deal more attractive than an extra £5k or something per week for 12 months at West Brom.

The news today at this end is that it's still something the club are keen on: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-target-boaz-myhill-9551098

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 30 Jun 2015 12:26

Reading4eva I may wet myself with excitement at this. One of my favourite keepers at other clubs. He's quality, if I was Mourinhio I'd say did Green and bring this guy in.

Agree with this, been a really under rated GK for a while :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jun 2015 16:19

Massive yes to myhill.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 30 Jun 2015 18:36

Hoop Blah
Baggie192 Both GK's are classed as first team, so, with the improved contracts over the years, you're looking at high £20s-low £30k. Pulis never rated Fozzy at Stoke. The extension gives the club time to offer a new contract later in the window. If offered, I presume he'll get a pay rise They're due back the 1st so we''ll know then eh

Both are classed as First Team? I think you've been playing too much Championship Manager Mr Baggie...

The only thing things that will really matter to Myhill are his chances of playing and the size of his pay packet, his 'status' as a first team keeper won't mean anything if he's sat on the bench once Foster is back to fitness and personally I'm hopeful that at his age he'll see being number 1 here on a 3 year deal more attractive than an extra £5k or something per week for 12 months at West Brom.

The news today at this end is that it's still something the club are keen on: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-target-boaz-myhill-9551098

No mate I don't play Championship Manager. I do know how the wage structure after the Odemwingie Deal came into force. This means we pay really decent wages and low sign on fees. Foster's on £40kpw. Myhill for the length of time served and the amount of time we've spent in the prem is pushing the high twenties. Plus no doubt he'll get bonuses for being No.1 that'll will make it comparable to Foster's wage. Plus it's moot anyway as we've taken up the option on his contract. So, we have him for at least a year. So another GK is low priority We'll need a No.2 before the season starts. As for the Get Reading story it's a rewrite of of HITC story that was itself a rewrite of a Birmingham Mail that was 17 days old about Pulis wanting Wayne Hennessey. Since then he's chosen to stay at Palace. It's almost like that old parable about the snake that swallows it's own tail

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jun 2015 18:57

Baggie192
No mate I don't play Championship Manager. I do know how the wage structure after the Odemwingie Deal came into force. This means we pay really decent wages and low sign on fees. Foster's on £40kpw. Myhill for the length of time served and the amount of time we've spent in the prem is pushing the high twenties. Plus no doubt he'll get bonuses for being No.1 that'll will make it comparable to Foster's wage. Plus it's moot anyway as we've taken up the option on his contract. So, we have him for at least a year. So another GK is low priority We'll need a No.2 before the season starts. As for the Get Reading story it's a rewrite of of HITC story that was itself a rewrite of a Birmingham Mail that was 17 days old about Pulis wanting Wayne Hennessey. Since then he's chosen to stay at Palace. It's almost like that old parable about the snake that swallows it's own tail

I guess everyone plays the game of 'I know all the inside stuff', but I doubt any of us do.
Whether there are legs to this one I have no idea but if Myhill wants regular football he'll be looking at his options.
Clarke will know exactly what he earns, exactly what motivates him and if Myhill isn't interested then Clarke won't be pursuing it.
The idea that WBA won't let him move until they have a replacement is reasonable. Time will tell.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Jun 2015 18:57

Baggie 192 is just Jay isn't he?

I do hope so, otherwise that's a terrible slander.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 30 Jun 2015 20:10

Ian Royal Baggie 192 is just Jay isn't he?

I do hope so, otherwise that's a terrible slander.

Genuine Baggie mate, but, have mates who are Reading fans I will give it a rest :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jul 2015 11:13

Baggie192 No mate I don't play Championship Manager. I do know how the wage structure after the Odemwingie Deal came into force. This means we pay really decent wages and low sign on fees. Foster's on £40kpw. Myhill for the length of time served and the amount of time we've spent in the prem is pushing the high twenties. Plus no doubt he'll get bonuses for being No.1 that'll will make it comparable to Foster's wage. Plus it's moot anyway as we've taken up the option on his contract. So, we have him for at least a year. So another GK is low priority We'll need a No.2 before the season starts. As for the Get Reading story it's a rewrite of of HITC story that was itself a rewrite of a Birmingham Mail that was 17 days old about Pulis wanting Wayne Hennessey. Since then he's chosen to stay at Palace. It's almost like that old parable about the snake that swallows it's own tail

Not so subtle dig at Ouroboros there.