Thailand Tour

147 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thailand Tour

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jul 2015 09:52

SCIAG Cooper, Cox, and Stacey are injured whilst Hector and McCleary are on international duty. Craig Tanner is the big omission and it doesn't look good for Stephen Kelly either.

Must admit I hadn't noticed Tanner's omission when I saw the list of those travelling. That is interesting and I wonder what that means for him. Hopefully it means they're very close to getting him a out on a good loan and not that Clarke doesn't see him being involved.

Kelly is still considering the contract offer but if they've not taken him I'd say that means it's more likely he's going to end up elsewhere.

SCIAG Interesting to see only three centre backs selected. They must be confident of Ferdinand's fitness.

The club are warning us not to look into squad numbers or the non-selection of new signings, which probably means Quinn and Sa will be on the fringes.

I don't think that only 3 centre backs means too much for Ferdinand's fitness. It's only a training and PR tour with one exhibition game thrown in isn't it? It doesn't matter about having cover in place if he can't play his 45 minutes or whatever Clarke and team have planned for him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Jul 2015 11:30

Hoop Blah
SCIAG Cooper, Cox, and Stacey are injured whilst Hector and McCleary are on international duty. Craig Tanner is the big omission and it doesn't look good for Stephen Kelly either.

Must admit I hadn't noticed Tanner's omission when I saw the list of those travelling. That is interesting and I wonder what that means for him. Hopefully it means they're very close to getting him a out on a good loan and not that Clarke doesn't see him being involved.

Kelly is still considering the contract offer but if they've not taken him I'd say that means it's more likely he's going to end up elsewhere.

SCIAG Interesting to see only three centre backs selected. They must be confident of Ferdinand's fitness.

The club are warning us not to look into squad numbers or the non-selection of new signings, which probably means Quinn and Sa will be on the fringes.

I don't think that only 3 centre backs means too much for Ferdinand's fitness. It's only a training and PR tour with one exhibition game thrown in isn't it? It doesn't matter about having cover in place if he can't play his 45 minutes or whatever Clarke and team have planned for him.
If it's only one match then you're right. I'd still have thought it would have made sense to take Sweeney or someone ahead of, say, Kelly or Owusu - they'd effectively be fourth choice centre back and quite likely to play.

The other player to have missed out is Stuart Moore, who has rapidly vanished back into obscurity. Does this mean we're confident Al-Habsi will sign?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jul 2015 14:09

I'm surprised Moore hasn't gone, but if they're looking at Al Habsi then he has to go on tour otherwise they won't get to see how he fits in with the squad or be able to assess him.

Moore is already under contract and is a known quantity too. He's also pretty much nailed on as 3rd not 2nd choice so there wouldn't be a lot of benefit in taking him.

The whole trip is about getting players fit and about Clarke sussing them out. We've already got Hector, Cooper and Keown as young defenders of various degrees of experience, plus the two fullbacks Long and Griffin who are on the trip. I don't think Clarke will see Sweeney in his plans just yet with those ahead of him (he might also be injured or on the cusp on a loan deal of course).

Ultimately it's much easier for a young attacking player to come into a side and so I'd imagine those you mention are more in Clarke's mind than Sweeney.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 06 Jul 2015 14:27

Tanner not included. don't look promising for him. maybe another season at League 2 may help his development.
Doesn't look likely SC thinks he's ready.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jul 2015 15:51

What is it they say about arguing with people on the internet windermere?

On the face of it an unlikely thread for beef but I'll take it.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 12:17

Looks legit.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 12:29

Starting 11 vs All Stars

Starting 11:
Al-Habsi, Gunter (c), Obita, Ferdinand, Keown, Williams, Tshibola, Norwood, Taylor, Fosu, Blackman

Subs:
Bond, Long, McShane, Quinn, Pogrebnyak, Kuhl, Griffin, Akpan, Owusu, Samuel, Novackovich, Kelly.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jul 2015 12:48

Blackman as the lone striker is weird (unless Taylor plays there?).

I guess this is supposed to be an approximation of the first team. Tshibola/Quinn, Blackman/Sa, Keown/Hector, all sensible substitutions. Mind you, that logic would see Owusu on the right wing, so who knows.

Streaming here from one: http://www.thairath.tv/live

AdamRFC

by AdamRFC » 08 Jul 2015 12:59

this stream works much better for me, the other one keeps crashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYtuB5k4kdU

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 13:06

SCIAG Blackman as the lone striker is weird (unless Taylor plays there?).

I guess this is supposed to be an approximation of the first team. Tshibola/Quinn, Blackman/Sa, Keown/Hector, all sensible substitutions. Mind you, that logic would see Owusu on the right wing, so who knows.

Streaming here from one: http://www.thairath.tv/live

A stream that works at work, thank you!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2015 13:11

I like the fact the SC has been listed as Stevphen so with both a V and a PH.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jul 2015 13:14

Stream I posted isn't working for me, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYtuB5k4kdU

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 08 Jul 2015 13:16

No match thread? Disappointing..

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 13:18

Really liking that new shirt.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 08 Jul 2015 13:18

Has anyone noticed if you translate the YouTube title it reads "Thailand All Stars VS Everton FC"

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Jul 2015 13:20

No names on the back of the shirts.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Jul 2015 13:27

Coppelled_Streets Starting 11 vs All Stars

Starting 11:
Al-Habsi, Gunter (c), Obita, Ferdinand, Keown, Williams, Tshibola, Norwood, Taylor, Fosu, Blackman

Subs:
Bond, Long, McShane, Quinn, Pogrebnyak, Kuhl, Griffin, Akpan, Owusu, Samuel, Novackovich, Kelly.

"Is that Stephen with a V or a PH?"

"Both"

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 13:35

Green
Coppelled_Streets Starting 11 vs All Stars

Starting 11:

Subs:

"Is that Stephen with a V or a PH?"

"Both"

Clarke does what he wants..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Jul 2015 13:40

Loving Fosu - get the ball down and run....run at the players.....

We have a talent there. Will need to be reigned in occasionally and seek out a better ball but we have been crying out with this sort of player since Antonio was dumped!

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 08 Jul 2015 13:44

paultheroyal Loving Fosu - get the ball down and run....run at the players.....

We have a talent there. Will need to be reigned in occasionally and seek out a better ball but we have been crying out with this sort of player since Antonio was dumped!

Glimpes of Michael Gilkes with how he looks down and legs it.

Run, run, run, run, Fosu...

147 posts