Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: BFTM - Brum Away 8 Aug 2015

by Platypuss » 10 Aug 2015 11:38

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 10 Aug 2015 12:18

Generally positive after that performance on Saturday, we created enough pressure and half chances to get something out of that and on another day would probably have come out fairly comfortable winners. Blues offered little throughout and a deflected freekick and defensive mixup from Hector rather gifted them their goals. Sa should have done better with the penalty.

Special mention for our "firm" of 14 year olds who were stood outside the away gate after the game hurling "abuse" at the Blues fans leaving the ground (including such cutting insults and witty remakrs as "nice hair mate" and "tw@") before bricking it when a fairly burly looking 40 year old started back at them and then the lads were then spoken to by a lady police officer. :lol:

Hilariously awful viewing.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 10 Aug 2015 13:50

A few characters on the train back to Reading as well. Some middle-aged man off his face stopped the guard and asked him, 'If I give you £20, will you stop the train at the next station (Banbury), and pop to the shop and get us a crate of lager'.

The guard obviously refused, so the man got off anyway, ran to the shop, and just as he was running back with a crate (the train had stopped for lengthy period for some reason), it set off again with him running down the platform banging on the windows.

:lol: Even his mates were pissing themselves.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 Aug 2015 14:18

From what I've seen and heard, it seems we played well, deserved more, but were penalised for a couple of mistakes, and could do with another striker/wingr. We know this already though, as does Clarke.
You cant win all your away games, and as long as we could have won, and entertained the travelling fans then I'm relatively happy.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Aug 2015 14:31

John Smith
WAZZOCK Not impressed by Sa in the slightest. He was very poor for the most part, and for a big man he just couldn't stay on his feet (sound familiar?). Unless Clarke made him penalty taker, it made no sense for him to step up and take it. Cox won the penalty and was much fresher than the knackered Sa to give it some welly.

The walking off without acknowledging the fans came across very poorly to me. For someone who clearly understands the player/fan relationship (see his Twitter account), it was poor form for him not to acknowledge the travelling support after costing us a point. I just get this feeling that he thinks he's a lot better than the 2nd tier in England, when in reality the evidence suggests differently.

I don't want to write Sa off completely after one competitive game, but I'm fearful we have another Pog on our hands here with a 3 year deal.

I'm in agreement with this. He also had the audacity to post an Instagram image saying how disappointed he was not to get a result. It was his fault we didn't.

You 2 are funny. :lol:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 10 Aug 2015 14:36

I don't want to write Sa off completely after one competitive game, but it's clear he's a fucking terrible player and a total arsehole who will bring misery and desperation to us all.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Aug 2015 14:46

I know a shit player when I see one. And Orlando Sa is a shit player.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 10 Aug 2015 19:51

John Smith I know a shit player when I see one. And Orlando Sa is a shit player.

Replace "Orlando Sa" with "Pavel Pogrebnyak" and you're about right. Pog has proved that he's shit for 3 seasons whereas Sa has had just 1 match.

Can't even believe I'm the one saying this but massive LOL at anyone writing off a player after 1 game where he missed a penalty. He didn't even have a bad game, he was just fairly quiet.