Back from the sofa - Ipswich (H)

162 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the sofa

by Big Foot » 11 Sep 2015 23:53

Watchd on the box in a bar in Menorca....sensational performance! Sa's 2nd goal was superb, I said to the mrs as it left his foot that it was going in :mrgreen: but then also said that'd be goal of the season,shame Norwood had to trump it!

Just been looking at the league table, it's all ifs and buts.....but if Bond had held onto that cross at Sheffield W and if SA had scored that pen at Birmingham, we'd be sitting in 2nd right now :shock:

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 11 Sep 2015 23:55

AthleticoSpizz .....always a negative somewhere from someone ffs

5-1 just enjoy it

tell me about it, gunter looked good
bond did nothing wrong and looked more confident

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 11 Sep 2015 23:55

AthleticoSpizz
ayjaydee When was the last "proper" hat trick? I remember Trevor getting one a good while ago.

Sa & Vydra will be awesome together once they get some game time together.

Same again for Tuesday please.
Kitson v West Ham ?

Think 2 of Kits were headers

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Sep 2015 23:55

Following a much appreciated delivery from Fortnum & Mason, our Adkins Diet has been officially terminated.

Amen
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 12 Sep 2015 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 12 Sep 2015 00:03

Norwood's pass to Blackmam in build up to the fourth goal was truly superb - not sure I've seen one better by a Reading player

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:10

Superb.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 12 Sep 2015 00:11

Ginger Ninjas Norwood's pass to Blackmam in build up to the fourth goal was truly superb - not sure I've seen one better by a Reading player

Indeed. Remember praising the pass at the time.
Then after a good run, I complained Blackman had made wrong move of going to the by-line instead of crossing. Oops, he was just making Sa's tap in easier. :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:13

Ginger Ninjas Norwood's pass to Blackmam in build up to the fourth goal was truly superb - not sure I've seen one better by a Reading player

Akpan :lol: to Le Fondre v Chelsea

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 12 Sep 2015 00:16

Alex Pearce to Shane Long, vs Bristol City on Boxing Day of (I think) 2010. Sublime pass

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 12 Sep 2015 00:21

McShane had a poor game tonight but Quinn was full of running, best game from him so far. Tish did fantastic too hardly put a foot wrong, great break-up play and incisive passing - very pleased to see him sign a new deal. Took some convincing to buy a season ticket this time around but not regretting it now - roll on Tuesday !

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:31

royalsroyalsroyals92 Alex Pearce to Shane Long, vs Bristol City on Boxing Day of (I think) 2010. Sublime pass

4-1 iirc, "he left because you're shit" and "it's a massacre, 4-1"

Couldn't tell you the goal scorers mind.

biff

by biff » 12 Sep 2015 00:47

McShane close run for MOTM in my eyes, think he lost 2 headers all game. Yeah he plays on the edge, but boy does he do it well.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Sep 2015 00:53

biff McShane close run for MOTM in my eyes, think he lost 2 headers all game. Yeah he plays on the edge, but boy does he do it well.

That's a very strange eye you have. Whilst he was good as the whole team was, he missed a few passes, including a 6 footer that went straight out of play, and although the goal was all about tricky feet, it was his missed tackle that allowed the shot that was parried.

McShane was good, but nowhere near MOTM.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Sep 2015 00:57

Decent win that

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 12 Sep 2015 01:02

Having seen replay of their goal, as I thought at the time, the defence dived in stupidly - 4 times (McShane x 2, Ferdinand, Gunter). Bond pulled off a decent save. The rebound fell straight to Sears.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 12 Sep 2015 01:04

Well - that was refreshing!! The first 20 minutes or so (barring the shambles that gifted them their goal) was the best I've seen from a Reading side for many years. We broke at pace, played some lovely one-touch football and Ipswich had no answer.

I had been looking forward to this game after such a good result at Brentford but was worried that the international break had come at the wrong time and we might lose the momentum of that win. I was also aware that new signings need time to bed in and get to know the play of their new team mates. I needn't have worried. We looked a really good team and one that can only (one hopes) improve as the players get to know each other better.

Ipswich were a decent team and, in McGoldrick, have a class player who will trouble any side. They were a very physical and tall side and were beating us to the ball in the air for most of the match. To be fair 5-1 flattered us and they did miss some decent chances. But we've been guilty of that on numerous occasions recently! This time we took our chances and looked full of confidence and purpose from the first whistle. We were worthy winners.

It's hard to see past Sa for MOTM but Tshibola and Blackman were equally excellent. I don't understand the low marks given to Bond. He made no mistakes and was fast out of his goal to smother threats on the several occasions when he needed to. He did palm the ball out to their player for their goal but he was at full stretch to make a brilliant save and could not direct the ball accurately in that situation. Besides which, several others had made mistakes in the lead up to that goal. I thought he had a good, confidence-boosting game.

All in all a thoroughly entertaining game and a good sign of things to come. Can't wait for Everton!

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 12 Sep 2015 01:06

Royal Ginger
biff McShane close run for MOTM in my eyes, think he lost 2 headers all game. Yeah he plays on the edge, but boy does he do it well.

That's a very strange eye you have. Whilst he was good as the whole team was, he missed a few passes, including a 6 footer that went straight out of play, and although the goal was all about tricky feet, it was his missed tackle that allowed the shot that was parried.

The 6-footer straight out of play was immediately after his second hospital pass to Tish. He did a lot right tonight, but the goal and these things worried me a bit ..... that was before Blackman netted our 3rd and it turned into party time

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2015 01:10

harry
Royal Ginger

The 6-footer straight out of play was immediately after his second hospital pass to Tish. He did a lot right tonight, but the goal and these things worried me a bit ..... that was before Blackman netted our 3rd and it turned into party time

Maybe so, but ginge is still right. He was no where near his best and certainly nowhere near MOTM.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Sep 2015 02:21

WestRoyal
AthleticoSpizz .....always a negative somewhere from someone ffs

5-1 just enjoy it

tell me about it, gunter looked good
bond did nothing wrong and looked more confident

+2

After such a stunning performance from the whole team, it simply beggars belief that people feel someone on the pitch tonight was worth only 5 out of 10 :|

Most of those around me stood and clapped at both half and full time.

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 12 Sep 2015 03:00

I just don't understand why people thought that "Orlando Sa, Sa, always believe in your soul...." was a good idea for a song?

It was under the Madejski lights, he scored three times, Orlando...

Also agree that Bond had a good enough game, and that McShane was far from MOTM.

Blackman was fantastic again, never thought I'd warm to him but he seems to have proven most of us wrong.

162 posts