Aaron Tshibola

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Aaron Tshibola

by Ian Royal » 12 Sep 2015 17:20

From the highlights I can't tell whether we were playing 4-4-2 with Quinn on the left and Blackman on the right, or 4-3-3. It looked like a fairly free shape shifting between the two as necessary.

Can anyone clarify?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Sep 2015 19:21

Ian Royal From the highlights I can't tell whether we were playing 4-4-2 with Quinn on the left and Blackman on the right, or 4-3-3. It looked like a fairly free shape shifting between the two as necessary.

Can anyone clarify?

It looked to me as if we were 4-3-3 when in possession and that either Vydra or Blackman dropped back to make it 4-4-2 when we lost the ball. It was, however pretty flexible and we seemed to be defending with 4-3-3 on occasions.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Sep 2015 20:47

West Stand Man
Ian Royal From the highlights I can't tell whether we were playing 4-4-2 with Quinn on the left and Blackman on the right, or 4-3-3. It looked like a fairly free shape shifting between the two as necessary.

Can anyone clarify?

It looked to me as if we were 4-3-3 when in possession and that either Vydra or Blackman dropped back to make it 4-4-2 when we lost the ball. It was, however pretty flexible and we seemed to be defending with 4-3-3 on occasions.

Pleased to see I could pick that up from the highlights, and particularly pleased to see we seem to have a team that can use it's own initiative in a fluid shape. I wonder if we'll go for a more conservative 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 away.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Sep 2015 08:33

genome I take back what I said about him needing a season in League One. He looks the business at this level.

Begs the question as to whether that crop of youngsters might all look the business at this level given a proper chance.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 13 Sep 2015 08:49

Ian Royal
West Stand Man

Can anyone clarify?

Pleased to see I could pick that up from the highlights, and particularly pleased to see we seem to have a team that can use it's own initiative in a fluid shape. I wonder if we'll go for a more conservative 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 away.

.....if only you could see into the future too :shock:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Sep 2015 10:28

Royal Rother
genome I take back what I said about him needing a season in League One. He looks the business at this level.

Begs the question as to whether that crop of youngsters might all look the business at this level given a proper chance.

Or maybe the reason he looks the business is because he had a very successful loan last season which has helped him step up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2015 11:25

League Two to Championship is a hell of a step up though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2015 11:52

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Rother

Or maybe the reason he looks the business is because he had a very successful loan last season which has helped him step up.

It's certainly not going to have hurt, but his innate talent combined with the work in the Academy are likely to be bigger factors.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Sep 2015 11:59

Royal Rother

All? No. Front six? Probably, yes.

I know there's a lot of fretting that if we don't go up then we'll lose Vydra, but Tanner, Fosu, Novakovich and Stacey will all have another year of development behind them. They could all have slotted in on Friday and sparkled. Get two of them playing the Vydra/Blackman role and Samuel or Liburd in Sa's place and we'd look very good. Put Kuhl in for Norwood and maybe Tanner in for Quinn...

Kevin Keen said at the fans forum that there are half a dozen players in the U21s who he thinks could play 100 matches for us, and I'm inclined to agree.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2015 15:51

SCIAG
Royal Rother

All? No. Front six? Probably, yes.

I know there's a lot of fretting that if we don't go up then we'll lose Vydra, but Tanner, Fosu, Novakovich and Stacey will all have another year of development behind them. They could all have slotted in on Friday and sparkled. Get two of them playing the Vydra/Blackman role and Samuel or Liburd in Sa's place and we'd look very good. Put Kuhl in for Norwood and maybe Tanner in for Quinn...

Kevin Keen said at the fans forum that there are half a dozen players in the U21s who he thinks could play 100 matches for us, and I'm inclined to agree.

100 matches at Championship level or higher though.....