Burnley (A) prediction thread

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Burnley (A) prediction thread

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2015 18:43

DaddyKuhl I can see this as being one of those horrible away days. We start brightly, create some good chances then, against the run of play, Burnley go 1-0 up with their first attack of the game (around 30 mins). Then, we push forward but cannot get a break through before 2 quick fire goals on 65 and 68 minutes put us 3-0 down and therefore ending the game as a contest. We will pull a consolation back on 87 minutes to make the final score Burnley 3 Reading 1. Hector for us.

That reads a lot like last season match reviews.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Sep 2015 11:31

Burnley 0-1 Reading

John '87

Att: 16,921
Last edited by royalp-we on 26 Sep 2015 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 26 Sep 2015 11:50

Ian Royal
DaddyKuhl I can see this as being one of those horrible away days. We start brightly, create some good chances then, against the run of play, Burnley go 1-0 up with their first attack of the game (around 30 mins). Then, we push forward but cannot get a break through before 2 quick fire goals on 65 and 68 minutes put us 3-0 down and therefore ending the game as a contest. We will pull a consolation back on 87 minutes to make the final score Burnley 3 Reading 1. Hector for us.

That reads a lot like last season match reviews.

I guess but this performance will still 'feel' different

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Sep 2015 12:24

1-3 - Blackman with the winner

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Sep 2015 12:49

The lack of a 'Team for Burnley' thread indicates just how many options in midfield and in attack Clarke has now; the LC game midweek and the performances on the night is really going to make the XI interesting... Same tactics as recent league games is all we ask for please Steve.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Sep 2015 14:39

Results at Turf Moor tend to be a bit of a barometer for our whole season. I fancy us to sneak it 2-1.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 26 Sep 2015 20:22

From Despair To Where? Results at Turf Moor tend to be a bit of a barometer for our whole season. I fancy us to sneak it 2-1.

Well done sir!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Sep 2015 20:24

From Despair To Where? Results at Turf Moor tend to be a bit of a barometer for our whole season. I fancy us to sneak it 2-1.

Can you let me know the results for the next 5 games - I fancy a bit of a flutter ...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Sep 2015 21:47

RG7Fan

Can you let me know the results for the next 5 games - I fancy a bit of a flutter ...

Middlesbrough (H)- tough game 2 good attacking footballing sides D 1-1
Charlton (H)- Charlton's freefall down the table continues as we see out a comfortable win W 3-0
Rotherham (A) - Rotherham have kick started their season in recent weeks but we prove to be too strong W 2-0
Fulham (A) - Fulham on a run of 5 consecutive tricky fixures and we show our class W 2-1
Brighton (H) Let's be honest, Brighton have had a piss easy start to the season They've oponents so far are heavily weighted towards the arse end of the table and they play another 2 weaker teams before they meet us. Come December, they'll be careering towards their rightful place somewhere between 13th and 18th W 2-0.

That should be adequate enough bait to hook any lurkers from North Stand Chat

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Sep 2015 01:01

From Despair To Where?
RG7Fan

Middlesbrough (H)- tough game 2 good attacking footballing sides D 1-1
Charlton (H)- Charlton's freefall down the table continues as we see out a comfortable win W 3-0
Rotherham (A) - Rotherham have kick started their season in recent weeks but we prove to be too strong W 2-0
Fulham (A) - Fulham on a run of 5 consecutive tricky fixures and we show our class W 2-1
Brighton (H) Let's be honest, Brighton have had a piss easy start to the season They've oponents so far are heavily weighted towards the arse end of the table and they play another 2 weaker teams before they meet us. Come December, they'll be careering towards their rightful place somewhere between 13th and 18th W 2-0.

That should be adequate enough bait to hook any lurkers from North Stand Chat

Great news!

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 28 Sep 2015 09:06

Libertine Good test for us, away to a side in excellent form. I think it'll end up 1-1 but there is a chance we could nick a 2-1 result in this one. A lot of good sides in the league this year including this opponent. I wouldn't be unhappy with a point out of this one.

EDIT: For the record, the scorers will be;

Vydra
Unfortunate OG

Step forward our very own celebrity predictor; Libertine.

The i newspaper featured the above in their new fan's view in Saturday's edition.