BURNLEY (a) match thread sponsored by Leroy's ankle

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: BURNLEY (a) match thread sponsored by Leroy's ankle

by Libertine » 26 Sep 2015 17:08

8) 8) 8)

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 26 Sep 2015 17:09

Not many will go to burnley and come away with 3 points.

And we're up to 3rd :D

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Sep 2015 17:10

RustyRoyal FFS Clarkey, I r8 you very highly but why do you keep playing HRK? Why not play John out left after his terrific performance against Everton? Why not put Piazon further forward and play Tshibola? I'm starting to think the two of them are having a love affair...

Apparently he knows what he's doing 8)

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Sep 2015 17:13

URZZZZZ Not many will go to burnley and come away with 3 points.

And we're up to 3rd :D

So much for the extreme doom and gloomers that were infesting this board in the close season. There is a long way to go yet but all the silly talk of sliding out of the league, having no ambition etc etc is looking even more daft now. You know who you are, have the grace all of you to have a brief nibble on some humble pie.
Last edited by West Stand Man on 26 Sep 2015 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Sep 2015 17:14

Franchise FC
RustyRoyal FFS Clarkey, I r8 you very highly but why do you keep playing HRK? Why not play John out left after his terrific performance against Everton? Why not put Piazon further forward and play Tshibola? I'm starting to think the two of them are having a love affair...

Spot on. I'll take the judgement of a good manager over that of a child who writes in text speak any day!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Sep 2015 17:20

Brilliant result at likely one of the more difficult places to pinch a result this season, similar to the Bristol game come out quickly get a couple up and see the game out. Feel that over the past few seasons if we got pegged back in a game 2-1 more than likely we would end up with a draw at best, we area different animal now, McShane, an absolute gem of a signing, is the rock solid core of the back four.

Gonna be some ride this season and some sides are gonna be on the end of a hammering.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 26 Sep 2015 17:21

Franchise FC

Ssssssssssh... :wink:

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 26 Sep 2015 17:23

West Stand Man
Franchise FC

Spot on. I'll take the judgement of a good manager over that of a child who writes in text speak any day!

Oooooh. That stings.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2015 17:41

Comedy match report on the BBC, refers to a 'brilliant' back heel from HRK and outstanding saves by Bond !
What muppet writes these reports ?

Silver Royal

by Silver Royal » 26 Sep 2015 17:53

Confidence in the dressing room sounds very high - Piazon interviewed on BBCRB post match said top 6 is the target.

Would any Reading fan have dared to hope that a couple of months ago? I know I wouldn't.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Sep 2015 18:13

So we win away at one of the teams tipped for promotion this season, 17 shots to their nine, continuing a theme from recent games.

And we're still got Sa, Quinn, and and Vydra to come back in.

Things are looking good, to say the least.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Sep 2015 18:15

Norfolk Royal So we win away at one of the teams tipped for promotion this season, 17 shots to their nine, continuing a theme from recent games.

And we're still got Sa, Quinn, and and Vydra to come back in.

Things are looking good, to say the least.

Not to mention ferdinand

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Sep 2015 18:21

I'm excited about Liburd as well.

Silver Royal

by Silver Royal » 26 Sep 2015 18:34

Norfolk Royal I'm excited about Liburd as well.

As am I but can't see him getting anywhere near the first team with those now ahead of him. Great problem for SC to have.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Sep 2015 18:56

SC has certainly worked marvels in the window considering where we were atthe end of last season which we followed by losing important players.

Glen Littles Nose

by Glen Littles Nose » 26 Sep 2015 18:58

Norfolk Royal I'm excited about Liburd as well.

I reckon he will go out on loan to a League club later this season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2015 19:04

I've said elsewhere that Liburd will be close to the first team before long. He's the nearest we have to. Deputy for Sa, although maybe Novakovic is more like Sa in style. I would select Liburd ahead of Cox or Samuel despite his lack of any real experience. He looks a natural, very much a potential new IAN Wright (in terms of jumping out of non league into the pro game )

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Sep 2015 19:18

Listened to the second half on BBCRB - sounds like we came under sustained pressure for the last 20-25 mins. Last year I'm sure we would have crumbled to a draw or a loss.

This year we are so much more composed and confident - what a great squad we have now. On Tues against Everton we made 8 changes and we bossed the first half. At the same time we had a bench that was also quality. We have 2 Chelsea players (ok maybe Hector doesn't really count there), a player we paid a 2.5m loan fee for, and another that has a 45m buyout clause. I don't pretend to have much football knowledge but you have to be happy with our current situation.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Sep 2015 19:32

RG7Fan Listened to the second half on BBCRB - sounds like we came under sustained pressure for the last 20-25 mins. Last year I'm sure we would have crumbled to a draw or a loss.

This year we are so much more composed and confident - what a great squad we have now. On Tues against Everton we made 8 changes and we bossed the first half. At the same time we had a bench that was also quality. We have 2 Chelsea players (ok maybe Hector doesn't really count there), a player we paid a 2.5m loan fee for, and another that has a 45m buyout clause. I don't pretend to have much football knowledge but you have to be happy with our current situation.

Teams will definitely be starting to take notice of us now. Don't think we were in anyone's promotion predictions. But I think that will have changed after Ipswich and today.

And the best thing is, I'm now looking forward to the next game. Last season it was a real drudge to keep turning up week in week out

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Sep 2015 19:43

How long till home games get sold out?