PA announcer

498 posts
Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: PA announcer

by Geekins » 23 Nov 2015 00:32

urz13 The new announcer is a f*cking moron. Bring back Paul Allen - he kept it nice and simple, and the 'back the boys' line usually raised the atmosphere just prior to kick off too. The manner of his sacking, especially with this new guy in now, was disgusting as well.

Go on...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Nov 2015 08:05

I heard that he got sacked in the following way: told to go out there and do his usual spiel and then they measured the 'noise' in the stadium afterwards - and compared it with the local library ... and he got sacked.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 23 Nov 2015 09:02

Royalwaster I heard that he got sacked in the following way: told to go out there and do his usual spiel and then they measured the 'noise' in the stadium afterwards - and compared it with the local library ... and he got sacked.

Let's hope that's how they judge this guy going forward too - at least then he wont last much longer. Unless you count the noise made by people moaning about/laughing at him. Just so embarrassingly bad.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 23 Nov 2015 15:17

He just talks so much that you struggle to understand what he is actually blabbing on about...

Agree about the minute's silence aswell...it's as if he had to shut the f*** up for a whole minute of his 'air time' so as a result he made a simple announcement all about him...absolute cringe and I cannot believe that anyone at the club actually thinks he's doing a good job!!!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Nov 2015 17:03

Turns8 He just talks so much that you struggle to understand what he is actually blabbing on about...

Agree about the minute's silence aswell...it's as if he had to shut the f*** up for a whole minute of his 'air time' so as a result he made a simple announcement all about him...absolute cringe and I cannot believe that anyone at the club actually thinks he's doing a good job!!!

What announcement was all about him? Didn't hear that.

I also wish he wouldn't give the microphone to the kids at half time to scream into it "COME ON URZZZ", it's like someones shoving a thousand knives into my ears.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2015 22:03

I don't understand why we can't announce the away team just before kick off as well as the Reading team. Just annoys me you need to be in the ground about 40 minutes before the game if you want to know who's playing

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 24 Nov 2015 22:13

STAR raised it with the club judging by the set of notes from the latest management meeting

4. Announcement of away team line-ups and goal-scorers

In the spirit of the positive way in which away fans were now often welcomed at many grounds RT suggested that it would be both informative and sporting for RFC to announce away team line-ups immediately before the game and away team goal-scorers. AB agreed to look at incorporating announcement of away team line-ups much closer to kick-off.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 25 Nov 2015 09:29

sandman He even manages to make a minutes silence feel insincere. Needs to put his Tony Blackburn voice away for 30 seconds and introduce the silence like a normal person.

Yeah prior to the silence for the Paris attacks he went on about "people getting a bite to eat in one of Paris' many bars and restaurants, or watching football at the Stad de France"... Just shut up you idiot.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Nov 2015 10:29

Stuka
sandman He even manages to make a minutes silence feel insincere. Needs to put his Tony Blackburn voice away for 30 seconds and introduce the silence like a normal person.

Yeah prior to the silence for the Paris attacks he went on about "people getting a bite to eat in one of Paris' many bars and restaurants, or watching football at the Stad de France"... Just shut up you idiot.

Bloke's a massive tit. Probably a hardcore Team Boarder.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Nov 2015 11:32

Stuka

I think the PA announcer is a total nob jockey who needs to fcuk off... however, I personally didn't see anything wrong with the introduction to the silence on Saturday. I thought it was actually quite well done. Although the other 99 things he said that day were cringe worthy and made me want to be momentarily deaf just to avoid listening to him.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 25 Nov 2015 14:34

bobby1413
Stuka

I think the PA announcer is a total nob jockey who needs to fcuk off... however, I personally didn't see anything wrong with the introduction to the silence on Saturday. I thought it was actually quite well done. Although the other 99 things he said that day were cringe worthy and made me want to be momentarily deaf just to avoid listening to him.

It was just so unnecessary. We know all about Paris attacks. He didn't need to embellish the silence with details about the many places to eat and drink in Paris.

wiggso

by wiggso » 25 Nov 2015 14:43

Stuka
bobby1413
Stuka Yeah prior to the silence for the Paris attacks he went on about "people getting a bite to eat in one of Paris' many bars and restaurants, or watching football at the Stad de France"... Just shut up you idiot.

It was just so unnecessary. We know all about Paris attacks. He didn't need to embellish the silence with details about the many places to eat and drink in Paris.

Agreed, he saw it as his time to shine, very distasteful and anyone who uses the expression "a bite to eat" can oxf*rd off

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 25 Nov 2015 14:49

A couple embrace under the glow of the Eiffel Tower... a Citroen 2CV purrs down the Champs-Élysées... a family sit for for a light meal at a patisserie... meanwhile fanatical gunmen are loading AK47 assault riffles and getting ready to storm the Bataclan. A stone faced mujahideen straps explosives to his body and makes his way to the Stad de France... last Friday the bonhomie of the City of Lights was shattered, and Paris wept. Join me now as the Madejski Stadium momentarily falls silent for a period of inward contemplation.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Nov 2015 18:18

Should that not be the 'now legendary Eiffel Tower' and 'the hallowed Champs- Elysee'

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 26 Nov 2015 22:48

Two things

1) I thought the build up to the minute silence was actually quite good. Set the scene quite nicely and really encapsulated the shock factor of it all.

2) He was probably scripted

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Nov 2015 08:33

He probably wrote his own script, surely that's part of he job ?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 Nov 2015 12:42

WAZZOCK really encapsulated the shock factor of it all

it needed a scripted speech to help encapsul8 the shock factor of a bunch of mentals murdering 130 people???

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Dec 2015 15:47

RG30 STAR raised it with the club judging by the set of notes from the latest management meeting

4. Announcement of away team line-ups and goal-scorers

In the spirit of the positive way in which away fans were now often welcomed at many grounds RT suggested that it would be both informative and sporting for RFC to announce away team line-ups immediately before the game and away team goal-scorers. AB agreed to look at incorporating announcement of away team line-ups much closer to kick-off.
However if they could announce the away goalscorers in a less enthusiastic manner, that would be appreciated..... in fact, can they also tone down the false enthusiasm for our own goalscorers while they're at it?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Dec 2015 16:52

Really hoping that PA guy can stir the crowd up tonight and get some legendary atmosphere going

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2015 10:58

he said make some noise, and back the boys last night
cant even get that right

498 posts