Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Welcome back Brian

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2015 20:52

AthleticoSpizz I'd be questioning the credibility of Get Reading

Says it's a done deal...doesn't it?

"The wait is over for many expectant Reading FC fans as Brian McDermott is back at the helm of the club, it was announced today"

Must've missed that announcement then :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 20:53

AthleticoSpizz I'd be questioning the credibility of Get Reading

Says it's a done deal...doesn't it?

They're saying he has been revealed as the new boss.

I don't know what is going on anymore. Nothing on the official site yet.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Dec 2015 20:55

RoyalinBracknell
Top Flight I don't care what Sky Sports say. As far as I'm concerned Brian McDermott is now our manager.

If he doesn't now get the job the dark cloud over the Mad Stad will be the same as the very dark one that hung over the place when Steve Clarke decided to stay.

I've fallen in love with the idea of the return of the bald one and now no other appointment will do.

Yeah I agree. Today it seemed a really positive emotion/affection was beginning to build through the club again. I think it would be a potential PR disaster for the club if they now appoint someone else, unless it's someone overwhelmingly popular. If it possibly wasn't going to happen surely they'd have had the chance over the course of 7 or so hours to leak that to the media in some way.

Like you, I'd fully started to prepare for McD coming back. I'll find it difficult to accept anyone else now I think.

Bring Brian back!

Sir John backed the right owners the second time around.

Today it seemed a really positive emotion/affection was beginning to build through the club again

The Thai's are family orientated as a people. They'll know that the core support is critical to their longer term plans. There is a Reading way amongst the wider demise of the game in general.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2015 20:58

Aren't we all massively jumping to conclusions?! There is zero evidence at all that Brian is coming back unless I've missed something........

Wouldn't blame him if he didn't anyhow. Once bitten, twice shy. Lets be honest, he knows he'll get sacked again at some point & Arsenal have been good to him.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 09 Dec 2015 20:59

leon
Platypuss Excellent. Can I move all this stuff to UR&G now?
(Where it should have been in the first place, obvs)

Tell you what, why don't you just delete it all, you monster

Good one Leon. :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Dec 2015 21:02

royal_rumble Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure going back to someone who was sacked after displaying some all too obvious limitations really isn't the best idea - no matter how well revered by the fans.

limitations? He was given 1m quid to keep the team in the PL
There's no manager on the planet that could have achieved that. Plus we wernt even bottom and wernt too far off the pace for staying up. He even got a motm award.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 09 Dec 2015 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Dec 2015 21:06

Get reading says he's been unveiled as Reading manager....$ky can fiiicking right off

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 09 Dec 2015 21:10

Ascotexgunner
royal_rumble Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure going back to someone who was sacked after displaying some all too obvious limitations really isn't the best idea - no matter how well revered by the fans.

limitations? He was given 1m quid to keep the team in the PL
There's no manager on the planet that could have achieved that. Plus we wernt even bottom and wernt too far off the pace for staying up. He even got a motm award.

He wasn't given much but it was a lot more than 1m.

Rax

by Rax » 09 Dec 2015 21:11

This would be a PR disaster not only for the Thais but for Charles Watts as well, I mean who is going to believe anything he says after this if it isn't Brian - the GetReading website has been saying the same message all day "Brian McDermott has agreed to replace Steve Clarke who was sacked on Friday" - done deal in most peoples eyes.

I fear the worst.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2015 21:13

How can they say it's been announced though? Shocking journalism.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Dec 2015 21:15

Dave-Royal
AthleticoSpizz Get reading says he's been unveiled as Reading manager....$ky can fiiicking right off

Amy Lewis said on sky sports, new manager be confirmed after Saturday match...
Bergkamp, Garica. and McDermott

Oh just fcuk off already you annoying cnut. How are you not bored of this charade yet?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Dec 2015 21:16

Rfc_keith can fcuk right off as well

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Dec 2015 21:21

Rax This would be a PR disaster not only for the Thais but for Charles Watts as well, I mean who is going to believe anything he says after this if it isn't Brian - the GetReading website has been saying the same message all day "Brian McDermott has agreed to replace Steve Clarke who was sacked on Friday" - done deal in most peoples eyes.

I fear the worst.

Why a PR disaster for the Thais? Don't think they have come out and said anything re; McDermott or anyone else for that matter.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Dec 2015 21:23

Is Dave an act though or is he just special?

JIM

by JIM » 09 Dec 2015 21:24

Obviously the same reporter who said SC was going to Fulham. WHAT A LEAKER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rax

by Rax » 09 Dec 2015 21:27

Hendo
Rax This would be a PR disaster not only for the Thais but for Charles Watts as well, I mean who is going to believe anything he says after this if it isn't Brian - the GetReading website has been saying the same message all day "Brian McDermott has agreed to replace Steve Clarke who was sacked on Friday" - done deal in most peoples eyes.

I fear the worst.

Why a PR disaster for the Thais? Don't think they have come out and said anything re; McDermott or anyone else for that matter.

True - but the groundswell of goodwill and optimism of "the appointment" would be hard to ignore.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 21:30

I don't see the point in talking to Bergkamp or Garcia. Both of those are very risky choices. There is as much chance that they could take us down instead of up.

McDermott has done it before, has proven he can lead a team to the top flight. For me McDermott is the best choice.

VOR

by VOR » 09 Dec 2015 21:31

Top Flight

Come on.... Brian is one of only two people that have successfully guided the Royals in to the Premiership.

Ok, we didn't have the best of seasons up there, but with a different squad of players he might have done a better job. And remember all the outstanding players that Brian had to lose and he still managed to get us up. Every year we were selling our star players. Gylfi left us to go to Hoffenheim, Shane Long left us to move to the premiership, Matt Mills left us as well....... Despite losing top players each transfer window he still managed to win us the league and get us to the top. You can't blame him for not quite having enough in the locker to keep us there. If he had more time, I'm sure he would have continued to improve us.

This is all you want from a manager, someone who demonstrates that things continue to improve under their reign. McDermott had possibly more restrictions than most in recent times but still continued to improve us. The impatient Russian moved him out when he didn't really deserve the chop.

He's a good judge of a player and under his leadership the current group can achieve their potential.

WELCOME BACK BRIAN MCDERMOTT. YOU WILL GET A HEROES RECEPTION WHEN WE NEXT SEE YOU AT THE MADEJSKI STADIUM!

Spot on: he worked a miracle last time. Let's hope lightning will strike twice. He has potentially a much stronger squad this time.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Dec 2015 21:34

Has poor Charles Watts had a nightmare here?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 09 Dec 2015 21:34

Be amazed (and annoyed) if it isn't Brian now. I'm fairly confident he'll get it and most reports have him down as first choice anyway.....and I don't want Garcia....

1226 posts