Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Welcome back Brian

by Kitsondinho » 09 Dec 2015 21:35

paultheroyal Has poor Charles Watts had a nightmare here?

Hopefully not....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Dec 2015 21:39

Reading FC
Swansea
Fulham
Yeovil

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 21:42

Anyway, Bergkamp, we should just forget straight away. He might be one of the most talented and famous players that ever graced the premier league but that doesn't mean he has the attributes to be a great manager. The good managers were not known for their footballing abilities. Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho were sh*t footballers. Good managers like Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis were not the most talented players.

Bergkamp doesn't have the character to be a great manager. He is too quiet and shy to lead the diverse array of personalities that make up our current squad.

In any case, Bergkamp is afraid to fly. That immediately puts a ceiling on our ambitions. We certainly wouldn't be aiming to qualify for Europe.

Appointing Bergkamp puts even our championship status at risk. League One will be waiting for us next season.
Last edited by Top Flight on 09 Dec 2015 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 09 Dec 2015 21:45

Top Flight Anyway, Bergkamp, we should just forget straight away. He might be one of the most talented and famous players that ever graced the premier league but that doesn't mean he has the attributes to be a great manager. The good managers were not known for their footballing abilities. Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho were sh*t footballers. Good managers like Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis were not the most talented players.

Bergkamp doesn't have the character to be a great manager. He is too quiet and shy to lead the diverse array of personalities that make up our current squad.

In any case, Bergkamp is afraid to fly. That immediately puts a ceiling on our ambitions. We certainly wouldn't be aiming to qualify for Europe.

And to be brutally honest.....he isn't the best thing from Arsenal......McDermott is...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Dec 2015 21:47

Rax
Hendo
Rax This would be a PR disaster not only for the Thais but for Charles Watts as well, I mean who is going to believe anything he says after this if it isn't Brian - the GetReading website has been saying the same message all day "Brian McDermott has agreed to replace Steve Clarke who was sacked on Friday" - done deal in most peoples eyes.

I fear the worst.

Why a PR disaster for the Thais? Don't think they have come out and said anything re; McDermott or anyone else for that matter.

True - but the groundswell of goodwill and optimism of "the appointment" would be hard to ignore.

It would be hard to ignore, but they would have had nothing to do with it. It's getreading that have had one here, if it wasn't for them practically saying McDermott was the man there would be no misguided, without official word from the club, optimism. The credibility of getreading certainly has taken a massive hit today, there is no blame you can lay on the club (as much as a lot of people would like to).

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Dec 2015 21:51

Dave-Royal
paultheroyal Reading FC
Swansea
Fulham
Yeovil

reading fc

I've got a terrible feeling this is going to happen.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 21:58

This appointment needs to be confirmed tomorrow. I don't think I can take another 3 days of speculation. Will it be, won't it be.

Charles Watts needs this sorted tomorrow as well otherwise his credibility is over.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 09 Dec 2015 21:59

Hendo
Rax
Rax This would be a PR disaster not only for the Thais but for Charles Watts as well, I mean who is going to believe anything he says after this if it isn't Brian - the GetReading website has been saying the same message all day "Brian McDermott has agreed to replace Steve Clarke who was sacked on Friday" - done deal in most peoples eyes.

I fear the worst.

True - but the groundswell of goodwill and optimism of "the appointment" would be hard to ignore.

It would be hard to ignore, but they would have had nothing to do with it. It's getreading that have had one here, if it wasn't for them practically saying McDermott was the man there would be no misguided, without official word from the club, optimism. The credibility of getreading certainly has taken a massive hit today, there is no blame you can lay on the club (as much as a lot of people would like to).

It wasn't just Getreading in fairness. The club must have been aware of the momentum that was spreading and the buzz it generally seemed to be generating. Surely if there was a lot still to do it wouldn't have been too difficult to indicate to On my way! Media source or another so that the momentum and expectation was killed a bit.

Even some of those who initially seemed hesitant appear to have warmed to McDermott. I think the club will now struggle to find a more popular than Brian and if someone else is appointed it threatens to I,media telly sour the atmosphere a bit which is absolutely the last think the club needs after the Clarke situation.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Dec 2015 22:02

^^^^^

Hi charles

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 09 Dec 2015 22:05

The Get Reading headline of "Brian McDermott revealed as new Reading manager" has now been taken off line, have they cleverly bowled a googly here that has been caught by all the media sending them off on a wild frenzy of McDermotts return, while all the time they have been able to seek other options in a "media free" zone ?, or is that too far fetched to believe ??

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 09 Dec 2015 22:15

Top Flight This appointment needs to be confirmed tomorrow. I don't think I can take another 3 days of speculation. Will it be, won't it be.

Charles Watts needs this sorted tomorrow as well otherwise his credibility is over.

SKY reporting nothing will happen till after Saturday.

Can`t help but laugh at all the jumping the gun :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2015 22:18

If Brian doesn't come now it will be like the pitch invasion all over again.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Dec 2015 22:22

Oh no. Fcuking no.

Not like this.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 22:22

I think I was pushing for the wrong journalist to be sacked. It's not Tim Dellor that needs to be fired. It's Charles Watts. He has caused all this nonsense by telling us McDermott is all set to return to Reading and he has been revealed.

Right, let's get Oscar Garcia. Forget Bergkamp. It has to be out of McDermott and Garcia. Let's bring in the Barca man and start playing some fast paced passing football.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 Dec 2015 22:23

Farces make for very hilarious comedy movies. When it comes to the football team you support it is embarrassing and possibly tragic. Not to say that the team bears any responsibility for this farce but 2 out of our last 3 managerial appointments (the Adkins hiring where we almost had to beg him to take the job after turning us down (possibly twice), and now this one) can be described as such.

At this point I don't give a shit who we get as manager just as long as we finally get some stability in the managers position, preferably someone with some sort of plan, and start moving forward.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 09 Dec 2015 22:23

Top Flight This appointment needs to be confirmed tomorrow. I don't think I can take another 3 days of speculation. Will it be, won't it be.

I think you need to calm the fcuk down, take a breath and grow up a little.

It's obviously going to be Brian. For Charles to be soooooo sure, he must know something.

Relax.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 09 Dec 2015 22:25

Sky Sports = Professionals
Get Reading = Amateurs

Sky Sports reporting exactly what Reading FC have told them over the telephone.
Get Reading reporting whatever the hell they like.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2015 22:26

Lol, quite. Some of you are acting like Brian has been ruled out, as far as we know we're just speaking 2 other candidates as well and B-Mac is still the front runner.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2015 22:26

Top Flight, do you work for the Chronicle?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Dec 2015 22:28

Top Flight Sky Sports = Professionals
Get Reading = Amateurs

Sky Sports reporting exactly what Reading FC have told them over the telephone.
Get Reading reporting whatever the hell they like.

Yep, your right.

Charles is very quiet tonight and laying low.

No tweets even when his beloved Arsenal are playing says it all.

oxf*rd up.

1226 posts