Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
DangerousDogNonce

Re: Welcome back Brian?

by DangerousDogNonce » 10 Dec 2015 13:50

Brian McDermott did not take or watch training yesterday - Martin Kuhl

Charles Watts has just posted this. Who was the liar that said he did?

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 10 Dec 2015 13:54

It's unlikely Gazza was wrong. McD was present at the training ground yesterday. He didn't say he took training, only over-saw it.

Anthony Smith ‏@Smudgersport
Martin Kuhl 'I was informed last night to prepare the team for Preston on Saturday'. #readingfc

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 10 Dec 2015 13:56

One8Seven1* It's unlikely Gazza was wrong. McD was present at the training ground yesterday. He didn't say he took training, only over-saw it.

Martin Kuhl 'I was informed last night to prepare the team for Preston on Saturday'. #readingfc

Surely over-seeing is the same as watching...?

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 10 Dec 2015 13:58

DangerousDogNonce
One8Seven1* It's unlikely Gazza was wrong. McD was present at the training ground yesterday. He didn't say he took training, only over-saw it.

But not taking.. Anyway:

Charles Watts ‏@charles_watts 7m7 minutes ago
Brian McDermott did not take or watch training yesterday - Martin Kuhl. #readingfc

Seems the club are calling Gazza out, or are playing it down now talks have broken down. Interesting one.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Dec 2015 14:02

DangerousDogNonce

Lets have an in depth debate on the difference between over-seeing and watching. It's the HNA way.

You guys are obsessive.

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 10 Dec 2015 14:03

Lacoste
DangerousDogNonce

Lets have an in depth debate on the difference between over-seeing and watching. It's the HNA way.

You guys are obsessive.

Oh yes because questioning someone once on a one time comment is creating an in-depth debate.

You are OTT.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Dec 2015 14:16

Does anyone think Oscar Garcia would be a better manager than McDermott? And if so why? What does Oscar bring to the table?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 10 Dec 2015 14:18

This is how I view the whole thing:

GetReading published a series of articles in which they said that McDermott was going to be the next Reading manager. Obviously you can't take anything 100% for granted without official confirmation but they were as conclusive as any press article is going to be. I honestly can't see how anyone could argue any differently given the language they used.

So this means that either:

1. GetReading's sources seriously let them down - basically officials at the club jumped the gun. In which case we should be blaming the club for not controlling their employees.

2. GetReading decided to 'sex up' the tip off they got from their sources. They jumped the gun themselves.

Eitherway, why didn't the club quickly issue a statement saying that no decision had been made? When Sky Sports news started including a piece on McDermott on their rolling news didn't RFC think that it might be a good idea to clarify the situation before fans got the wrong idea? Surely this is a sign that the club is far too restrictive in it's communication and that a small amount of transparency would be helpful.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Dec 2015 14:32

It's a poor showing from everyone one really, not least our premature jizz spunking fans.

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 10 Dec 2015 14:46

New betting odds

Brian McDermott out to 3/10 from 1/6 and Stuart Gray surprisingly second favourite

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Dec 2015 14:47

The Stuart Gray who started a new job this week?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2015 14:50

I was going to say, hasn't Stuart Gray just gone to Fulham, although it would be the ultimate piss take to ask Fulham for permission to speak to him 2 days after he took their job.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 10 Dec 2015 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Dec 2015 14:51

DangerousDogNonce Just spoke to someone at Betfair and they are planning to reopen their betting market with these surprising new odds:

McDermott 4/9
Poyet 3/1
Garcia out at 8/1
Others in between 4/1 & 5/1 stretching to 50/1

good user name. Not too interested in your post, mind. Whoever comes in will get booed if they lose and anointed a saint if they win.

#nokneejerkroyal

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Dec 2015 14:52

DangerousDogNonce Just spoke to someone at Betfair and they are planning to reopen their betting market with these surprising new odds:

McDermott 4/9
Poyet 3/1
Garcia out at 8/1
Others in between 4/1 & 5/1 stretching to 50/1

Garcia hasn't even been appointed yet and they're running odds of 8/1 for him being sacked :shock: :wink:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Dec 2015 14:53

Worth mentioning that bookies don't 'know' anything either. They just change their odds according to who people bet on to minimise their outlay.

/statingobvious

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Dec 2015 14:53

Someone's having a laugh somewhere with the Gray rumour. Is BetFair run by Fulham fans?

I see Pearson isn't on that list. It's just a guessing game of whoever is out of work quite frankly

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Dec 2015 15:02

Betfair is an exchange site, so the odds you're seeing are the lowest odds that people are 'laying' at.

Seriously fellas, pay very little attention to those odds. Last night there were about 20 managers at 1/100, including the likes of Alan Shearer.

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 10 Dec 2015 15:09

winchester_royal Betfair is an exchange site, so the odds you're seeing are the lowest odds that people are 'laying' at.

Seriously fellas, pay very little attention to those odds. Last night there were about 20 managers at 1/100, including the likes of Alan Shearer.

That was because the market was actually closed and for whatever reason oddschecker was still displaying it.

In actual fact, it is better to use BetFair Exchange odds as an estimation of how likely something is on the basis that punters dictate the odds - you'll find that 9 times out of 10 if a manager has favourable odds on the Exchange that they will be appointed.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Dec 2015 15:24

DangerousDogNonce
winchester_royal Betfair is an exchange site, so the odds you're seeing are the lowest odds that people are 'laying' at.

That was because the market was actually closed and for whatever reason oddschecker was still displaying it.

In actual fact, it is better to use BetFair Exchange odds as an estimation of how likely something is on the basis that punters dictate the odds - you'll find that 9 times out of 10 if a manager has favourable odds on the Exchange that they will be appointed.

It's not an active enough market to be truly representative

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Dec 2015 15:29

Elm Park Kid I don't want to sound melodramatic . . . . . but if Brian isn't our new manager I not sure i could bring myself to go to the mad stad ever again. . . . . . and I have a season ticket.

Don`t let the door hit your arse on the way out. so what have you been doing for the last 2 and 1/2 years?

1226 posts