Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
RoyalRuss86

Re: Welcome back Brian?

by RoyalRuss86 » 14 Dec 2015 15:40

I have heard from a reliable source that the reason that our beloved Brian hasn't signed on the line yet is due to Gunter!

Apparently him as a ring leader along with a number of other players have stood their ground to halt him arriving as the new boss.

Thoughts......

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Dec 2015 15:44

RoyalRuss86 I have heard from a reliable source that the reason that our beloved Brian hasn't signed on the line yet is due to Gunter!

Apparently him as a ring leader along with a number of other players have stood their ground to halt him arriving as the new boss.

Thoughts......

You'd give Charles Watts a run for his money.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Dec 2015 15:45

RoyalRuss86 I have heard from a reliable source that the reason that our beloved Brian hasn't signed on the line yet is due to Gunter!

Thoughts......

Gunter can't lead anything, as we saw when he was captain.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 14 Dec 2015 15:48

The only thing we can be sure about Gunter is that owing to Wales getting to Euro 2016 he will be pulling out of every 50:50 challenge that comes his way in the next 6 months to avoid any slight injury. Same goes for HRK

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2015 15:52

Thoughts......

Tbf I've heard this as well, presumably from the same source. Can't see why anyone else would have a problem with Brian coming back though. Maybe G Mac? Didn't get that much game time under Brian.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2015 15:53

Haag Royal The only thing we can be sure about Gunter is that owing to Wales getting to Euro 2016 he will be pulling out of every 50:50 challenge that comes his way in the next 6 months to avoid any slight injury. Same goes for HRK

HNA? So what's new?

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 14 Dec 2015 15:56

Thoughts......

Because that sounds like Chris Gunter...

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 14 Dec 2015 16:04

It's all been done. No more worries guys.

Brian McDermott set to be appointed manager of Reading FC around 2.00pm tomorrow. Delays have been over issues with staff, particularly the recruitment of Sal Bibbo (currently at Arsenal).

If I'm wrong (I'm not) shoot me down tomorrow!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Dec 2015 16:07

Haag Royal The only thing we can be sure about Gunter is that owing to Wales getting to Euro 2016 he will be pulling out of every 50:50 challenge that comes his way in the next 6 months to avoid any slight injury. Same goes for HRK

I don't think Gunter has ever been injured in his career, which for a defender is pretty impressive.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Dec 2015 16:11

tidus_mi2

Thoughts......

Even Chuck dismissed this one TBF.

One of Brian's skills was that he was loved by everyone.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2015 16:23

Green
tidus_mi2

Thoughts......

Would you say that's something you have in common?

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 14 Dec 2015 16:25

DangerousDogNonce It's all been done. No more worries guys.

Brian McDermott set to be appointed manager of Reading FC around 2.00pm tomorrow. Delays have been over issues with staff, particularly the recruitment of Sal Bibbo (currently at Arsenal).

I hope you get shot.. no offence!

Nice to have a man with integrity back, but he wont be able to manage the egos that are here now. He struggled with the couple he had in the Premier League! Then there's the added pressure the Thai's will place on him to get us up. It's no longer a nice of you could; it's a must do and ASAP! We'll be looking for another manager by next Christmas.
Last edited by One8Seven1* on 14 Dec 2015 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2015 16:31

Who would your choice be, Jay?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2015 16:33

Believe it when I see it happen. Out of interest anyone know what the team plans are to travel to Hull for Wednesday, are they flying up on the day or slumming it on a coach with a stop over. Just thinking from the practicalities of a press conference for a new manager.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Dec 2015 16:36

Pepe the Horseman
Green
tidus_mi2 You'd give Charles Watts a run for his money.

Would you say that's something you have in common?

In a "Go for a pint with" kind of way, yeh why not.

Could I still command that level of friendship and respect if I was their manager? Let's just say I'm more of a poacher than a gamekeeper.

Have you any experience in leading and motivating a large team Pepe? How did that work out for you?
Last edited by Green on 14 Dec 2015 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2015 16:38

One8Seven1*

I hope you get shot.. no offense!

Nice to have a man with integrity back, but he wont be able to manage the egos that are here now. He struggled with the couple he had in the Premier League! Then there's the added pressure the Thai's will place on him to get us up. It's no longer a nice of you could; it's a must do and ASAP! We'll be looking for another manager by next Christmas.

Won't know that until he takes up the reins really will we? Personally I think he deserves another go without the Russian with no money organising the non investment in the back room.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Dec 2015 16:45

Green In a "Go for a pint with" kind of way, yeh why not.

Could I still command that level of friendship and respect if I was their manager? Let's just say I'm more of a poacher than a gamekeeper.

Have you any experience in leading and motivating a large team Pepe? How did that work out for you?

I was a Team Leader at Legoland. It went pretty well, thanks for asking. But then it was the kind of fun environment where you didn't really need motivating.

Could I do it in the real working world?
Sure.

Do I want to go for a drink with you?
Yes, yes I do.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 14 Dec 2015 16:45

In a metaphorical sense. Just so no-one gets any strange ideas ...

I think it will be a massive let down for a lot of people if no-one is appointed tomorrow / soon, let alone McD. Whoever the manager is it will (should) give a boost and a honeymoon period to bring some good results and a chance for improvements. Frankly if our 'professionals' don't like that / cant deal with it then maybe they should be on the transfer list. After all if they're so bloody good then other teams would be queuing up to sign them ... <tumbleweed moment>

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 14 Dec 2015 16:51

All aboard the Bibbo tour bus! :D

DangerousDogNonce

by DangerousDogNonce » 14 Dec 2015 16:55

Brum Royal

All aboard the Bibbo tour bus! :D

Don't get too happy about it because from what I was told he won't be rejoining, unfortunately.

1226 posts