10%

Total votes: 189
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Blackman to Derby

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 18:59

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal PO in rabid overreaction shocker. The man's more full of bile than a thousand livers.

Which part in particular do you disagree with?

All of it

The £2.5m loan fee matches our transfer fee record. This bit?
Vast majority of our stupid spends were when we were in the PL and had a modest budget to spend. This bit?
Remember we had to sell a player to borrow Vydra, he wasn't bought from tv money. This bit?
For the £2.5m spent on the massive flop Fae, we still managed to recover some of that when we sold him on, we will get ZERO financial compensation when Vydra moves on. This bit?
It will the highest ever difference between incoming/outcoming fees. This bit?
It's quite likely he's right up there as one of Reading's highest ever paid players, by wage, as well. This bit?
And he's on course for 4 league goals for the season (at a rate of 2 per half season). Absolutely dire. This bit?

The two last lines of my post are up for debate. A person of sound mind could not possibly argue with the above. Oh wait...
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 10 Jan 2016 19:12, edited 3 times in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Jan 2016 19:00

AthleticoSpizz Yes, didn't "you" lose to a division one team last year.......things change

Yes - they do. Blackman didn't play for you and you didn't win.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Jan 2016 19:01

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

All of it

The £2.5m loan fee matches are transfer fee record. This bit?

Vast majority of our stupid spends were when we were in the PL and had a modest budget to spend. This bit?

Remember we had to sell a player to borrow Vydra, he wasn't bought from tv money. This bit?

For the £2.5m spent on the massive flop Fae, we still managed to recover some of that when we sold him on, we will get ZERO financial compensation when Vydra moves on. This bit?

It's quite likely he's right up there as one of Reading's highest ever paid players, by wage, as well. This bit?

And he's on course for 4 league goals for the season (at a rate of 2 per half season). Absolutely dire. This bit?

The two last lines of my post are up for debate. A person of sound mind could not possibly argue with the above. Oh wait...

Ugh. Even if you had a point you've assholed the fcuk out of it now.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 19:06

Extended-Phenotype Just to make a wee rational point, regardless of whether Vydra has or will work out, it's not like we threw silly money at an unknown quantity.

We paid a large loan fee on a proven player in the hope of finding the missing piece of the puzzle, challenge for promotion and secure the player permanently.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out and sadly a player of Vyrda's quality has not performing as expected.

I don't think he's been awful though and there is every chance he may still come good. But whatever happens I don't see it as a crazy signing at all.

Large loan fee = silly money

Now, if the Thais want to chuck their prawn money about then fine. But the money did not come about through owner investment, it came about through selling club assets.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2016 19:10

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

All of it

Which part of 'all of it' was it that you didn't understand? Was it the 'all'?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Jan 2016 19:13

P!ssed Off
Extended-Phenotype Just to make a wee rational point, regardless of whether Vydra has or will work out, it's not like we threw silly money at an unknown quantity.

We paid a large loan fee on a proven player in the hope of finding the missing piece of the puzzle, challenge for promotion and secure the player permanently.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out and sadly a player of Vyrda's quality has not performing as expected.

I don't think he's been awful though and there is every chance he may still come good. But whatever happens I don't see it as a crazy signing at all.

Now, if the Thais want to chuck their prawn money about then fine. But the money did not come about through owner investment, it came about through selling club assets.

Wasn't over the moon about it at the time. If Vyrda was banging them in like Blackman I'd have changed my mind. Can see the workings, was the right player, was available, had fantastic pedigree - loan in, view to buy, hasn't quite come off.

I'm just disagreeing that the move was madness. Easy to bitch in hindsight but I think we are all surprised it hasn't quite come off.

What would you have paid to buy him, ignoring the hindsight of his performances with us so far?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 19:14

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal All of it

Which part of 'all of it' was it that you didn't understand? Was it the 'all'?

You genuinely are beneath Dave-Royal.
Why are you even here?
40,000 posts and not one of substance.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 19:26

Extended-Phenotype
P!ssed Off

Wasn't over the moon about it at the time. If Vyrda was banging them in like Blackman I'd have changed my mind. Can see the workings, was the right player, was available, had fantastic pedigree - loan in, view to buy, hasn't quite come off.

I'm just disagreeing that the move was madness. Easy to bitch in hindsight but I think we are all surprised it hasn't quite come off.

What would you have paid to buy him, ignoring the hindsight of his performances with us so far?

But we're only in a position to buy him if we get promoted. And if he's good enough for the PL why is he here, and not at Watford?

We couldn't afford to buy him, and we couldn't afford to loan him.
Should have looked elsewhere.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Jan 2016 19:37

No Fixed Abode
AthleticoSpizz Yes, didn't "you" lose to a division one team last year.......things change

Yes - they do. Blackman didn't play for you and you didn't win.
obviously meaning nothing....Terry didn't play for "you" today and "you" won

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2016 19:40

We clearly could afford to loan him. Because we did.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Jan 2016 19:41

Ian Royal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal PO in rabid overreaction shocker. The man's more full of bile than a thousand livers.

All of it

You utter coward.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 10 Jan 2016 19:45

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calm down, it's only the internet, nobody has nobbed your gf

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2016 20:06

blueroyals :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calm down, it's only the internet, nobody has nobbed your gf

No one on here, at least.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2016 20:29

melonhead
The one where he wasnt very good and demanded to be in 1St team

and slowly became better after he left so that many years later hes decent enough to have been a 1St team regular.like Cox.

By that rationale we just keep every player ever,

Calling Bollox to all that and to be fair done the Antonio debate to death and no one has changed my mind.

A number of us saw quality in him. Never giving the chance to shine other than the odd cameos whilst other bang average players got their chance.

Sell him for peanuts whilst in meantime he racks up £10 million + in transfer fees.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2016 20:44

sandman
Ian Royal
P!ssed Off

All of it

You utter coward.

:|

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 20:52

paultheroyal
melonhead

and slowly became better after he left so that many years later hes decent enough to have been a 1St team regular.like Cox.

Calling Bollox to all that and to be fair done the Antonio debate to death and no one has changed my mind.

A number of us saw quality in him. Never giving the chance to shine other than the odd cameos whilst other bang average players got their chance.

Sell him for peanuts whilst in meantime he racks up £10 million + in transfer fees.

Decent point tbf.
I might him up there with Fae and Vydra.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2016 20:53

paultheroyal
melonhead

You're yet to satisfactorily answer how he'd have progressed or why he'd stay getting virtually no game time in the PL being as he was behind Kebe, McAnuff, McCleary and HRK... three of whom produced reasonably well in the PL for all their faults. Our problems weren't as serious out wide to the extent they were in midfield, defence and upfront.

Sending him out on loan again wasn't an option. He wanted first team football or a new club. It's a damn shame, but that's life. Had we not gone up we probably wouldn't have signed McCleary and he'd probably have git games and slowly improved with us.

As regrettable as it is, the club did nothing wrong and all he's achieved since doesn't change that. To list him leaving as one of the worst transfer decisions to be made here is to lose all perspective on rwality because someone you rated wasn't given the defference you wanted.

Get over it, we all experience it at some time or other. Most of us don't whine about it at every opportunity or make crazy claims about it being the worst thing to happen ever part 2.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Jan 2016 20:57

Regarding the Vydra loan fee, isn't the word on the street that the well publicised loan fee of £2.5m is actually the cost of the loan to the club and not just an upfront charge. In other words our contribution to his wages is included in that £2.5m.

If that's true, and I've no idea if it is apart from the fact that it gets referred to in some, more informed, quarters, then it isn't anywhere near our transfer record just to have him here for a season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2016 21:02

Hoop Blah Regarding the Vydra loan fee, isn't the word on the street that the well publicised loan fee of £2.5m is actually the cost of the loan to the club and not just an upfront charge. In other words our contribution to his wages is included in that £2.5m.

If that's true, and I've no idea if it is apart from the fact that it gets referred to in some, more informed, quarters, then it isn't anywhere near our transfer record just to have him here for a season.

On top of that, you have to factor in that there's not necessarily any reliability to figures bandied about by the media in any case. Madejski's (reliably or not) openly denied that we received the amount quoted for players on several occasions. McDermott claims he had £2.5m to spend when we were promoted yet apparently signed Gunter for about £2m - £2.5m and Mariappa for about £2m - £2.5m as just two of the summer transfers.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jan 2016 21:20

Hoop Blah Regarding the Vydra loan fee, isn't the word on the street that the well publicised loan fee of £2.5m is actually the cost of the loan to the club and not just an upfront charge. In other words our contribution to his wages is included in that £2.5m.

No.
Loan Fee + wages

898 posts