16%
Ian Royal
10%

Total votes: 189
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Blackman to Derby

by andrew1957 » 11 Jan 2016 20:52

I have to say Grabban to Bournemouth for 7-9 Million when he has only played 8 times this season and scored once does make 3-4 million for Blackman look very cheap indeed.

There seems little chance we will even be able to afford a League 1 replacement at these ridiculously high January prices. Personally I would rather we give Liburd and Samuel a chance.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2016 10:42

Extended-Phenotype
Hoop Blah
P!ssed Off No.
Loan Fee + wages

Great, thanks for clearing that up...

OK, tweeted Charles Watts about it. He said the 2.5m fee did not include wages.

Interesting.

Dellor seems a lot less convinced when he's mentioned it on the radio, but I'm not too inclined to take his word over Watts either way. I don't think either are that well informed on the finer details to be honest but I'm happy to assume that Watts is correct.

It's a lot of money for a loan but if Afobe is going for £10m and Grabban £7m then that's the kind of ballpark price you'd have been looking at to get him permanently so perhaps it was just seen as a good down-payment on getting him in the summer after promotion.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 12 Jan 2016 10:57

andrew1957 I have to say Grabban to Bournemouth for 7-9 Million when he has only played 8 times this season and scored once does make 3-4 million for Blackman look very cheap indeed

nothing makes £3-4M for Blackman look cheap. I am currently viewing this as possibly the best piece of outgoing business the club has done.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Jan 2016 11:06

Winston Smith
andrew1957 I have to say Grabban to Bournemouth for 7-9 Million when he has only played 8 times this season and scored once does make 3-4 million for Blackman look very cheap indeed

nothing makes £3-4M for Blackman look cheap. I am currently viewing this as possibly the best piece of outgoing business the club has done.

That was and always will be getting £500k for Andy Hughes.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2016 11:17

Winston Smith

I think you're a little premature here Winston. It will be poor business if he does really well at Derby. You can't judge the move yet.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2016 11:20

paultheroyal Calling Bollox to all that and to be fair done the Antonio debate to death and no one has changed my mind.

A number of us saw quality in him. Never giving the chance to shine other than the odd cameos whilst other bang average players got their chance.

Sell him for peanuts whilst in meantime he racks up £10 million + in transfer fees.

Find evidence that you backed Antonio before he left and you have some credibility, otherwise you are just chatting 'bollox'

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2016 11:21

No Fixed Abode
Winston Smith

I think you're a little premature here Winston. It will be poor business if he does really well at Derby. You can't judge the move yet.

He'll have a blinder tonight and then slowly wind down for the rest of the season.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 12 Jan 2016 11:26

You can't view his future performances as the sole gage for whether it was right to sell him or not. He might do very well because he's at Derby, like many have done at Reading in the past and achieved not much elsewhere.

Based on everything we know about Nick Blackman to date, £3-4m is very good business for the Thais. The way football is today, that doesn't necessarily mean good business for Reading as a club though.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2016 11:43

Tony Le Mesmer You can't view his future performances as the sole gage for whether it was right to sell him or not. He might do very well because he's at Derby, like many have done at Reading in the past and achieved not much elsewhere.

Based on everything we know about Nick Blackman to date, £3-4m is very good business for the Thais. The way football is today, that doesn't necessarily mean good business for Reading as a club though.

Spot on Tony, we can only judge the move on the value we're getting from the move right now and regardless of replacing him or not, £3-4m for a player of Blackman's history, and even current form, with only 4 months playing time left on his contract and no willingness to sign a new one is excellent business for Reading.

Will we miss him for the next 21 games? Yeah, probably we will. Will missing him have a detrimental impact on our season? Nah, I doubt it will, I've a hunch it might even have a positive impact.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 12 Jan 2016 11:48

LWJ
paultheroyal Calling Bollox to all that and to be fair done the Antonio debate to death and no one has changed my mind.

A number of us saw quality in him. Never giving the chance to shine other than the odd cameos whilst other bang average players got their chance.

Sell him for peanuts whilst in meantime he racks up £10 million + in transfer fees.

Find evidence that you backed Antonio before he left and you have some credibility, otherwise you are just chatting 'bollox'

Tbf to Paula, he's been banging the Anyonio drum for years now, long before he was sold.
Any before anyone accuses me of whiteknighting him, I don't share his opinion - every time Antonio turned out for us I thought he was dogshit.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2016 12:05

Tony Le Mesmer You can't view his future performances as the sole gage for whether it was right to sell him or not. He might do very well because he's at Derby, like many have done at Reading in the past and achieved not much elsewhere.

Really? Your top scorer has gone. He's looked really decent this season after getting in the team consistently under Clarke. Before that he was in and out of the team all the time. Players need a run of games to show their true form and he's done that.

Blackman is hot in the market right now and £3m in peanuts today.

You opinion is like saying players shouldn't go to Man City given what we know about their unsuccessful history.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 12 Jan 2016 12:32

No Fixed Abode

Really? Your top scorer has gone. He's looked really decent this season after getting in the team consistently under Clarke. Before that he was in and out of the team all the time. Players need a run of games to show their true form and he's done that.

You opinion is like saying players shouldn't go to Man City given what we know about their unsuccessful history.

Missing the point. It's very good business for the owners. We have only a slim chance of going up. An even slimmer one of going down. Out of contract in 4 months. Cashing in was a no brainer from a business point of view.

A player going for that sum when almost out of contract is very rare. That's because either a) that player is exceptional or b) the buying club have paid well over the odds chasing the dream. In this case its b).

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 12 Jan 2016 12:47

No Fixed Abode Blackman is hot in the market right now and £3m in peanuts today

in peanuts? :lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2016 13:37

Tony Le Mesmer
No Fixed Abode

Missing the point. It's very good business for the owners. We have only a slim chance of going up. An even slimmer one of going down. Out of contract in 4 months. Cashing in was a no brainer from a business point of view.

A player going for that sum when almost out of contract is very rare. That's because either a) that player is exceptional or b) the buying club have paid well over the odds chasing the dream. In this case its b).

I get that. However, £3m and you're taking goals out of the side. It's reduced your chances of promotion even more now. Speculating on a new contract for Blackman is minimal outlay if you manage to get promotion.

I suppose it's good business as the club fooked up and didn't offer him a new deal sooner though.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 12 Jan 2016 13:45

LWJ

4 pages of it m8 search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=antonio&author=paultheroyal&start=20

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Jan 2016 13:46

For a striker with 1 good run of form, and 6 months left on his contract?
:lol:
I suppose it's good business as the club fooked up and didn't offer him a new deal sooner though.

You mean we should have offered him a new deal when he was shit?
Last edited by Maneki Neko on 12 Jan 2016 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2016 13:47

No Fixed Abode
Winston Smith

You can only judge the the fee we receive based on the conditions at the time. Whether Derby get value from it is none of our concern.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2016 15:12

No Fixed Abode I get that. However, £3m and you're taking goals out of the side. It's reduced your chances of promotion even more now. Speculating on a new contract for Blackman is minimal outlay if you manage to get promotion.

Even for you that's some pretty weak sh*t Kes.

Blackman had scored 2 goals in 14 games. I don't think we'll miss those goals too much to be fair. As for offering him a new contract, well they'd have been mad to and I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to sign one whilst he was a bit part player and not getting much of a look in.

His run of good form this season and the resulting fee we've received has been perfect for us really.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Jan 2016 18:46

WoodleyRoyal
LWJ

4 pages of it m8 search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=antonio&author=paultheroyal&start=20

Nice one.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2016 18:52

Hoop Blah
No Fixed Abode I get that. However, £3m and you're taking goals out of the side. It's reduced your chances of promotion even more now. Speculating on a new contract for Blackman is minimal outlay if you manage to get promotion.

Even for you that's some pretty weak sh*t Kes.

Blackman had scored 2 goals in 14 games. .

But he's scored 13 goals for you this season.....8 more than anyone else.

Weak shit is using stats like 2 goals in 14 games. It's what he does over the course of the season that matters.. :lol:

898 posts