Norwood 5 radar off today
Williams 6 good for an hour then ran out of steam
Kanu 5 Just don't play him on the left
Vydra 3 Very poor
Kermit 6 looks as if there's something about him
Macca 4 clearly not fit to start

Ola 4 not his usual contribution
Denis not on long enough

Ref : is he quite inexperienced ? Some very poor decisions mixed with the odd good one.
Wolves: how the mighty have fallen ,selling Afobe ripped them apart

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Wolves

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2016 18:03

Maneki Neko
loyalroyal4life
P!ssed Off It's no surprise the FA Cup tickets are so cheap and they're giving away tickets to Rotherham.
Who would pay full price to watch this rubbish?

Even Charlton away for a fiver is looking like a total rip-off.

Amen

Change of user name required

Some people just don't get it do they. The fact that you dare criticise the great Madejski, Saint Brian or anything else to do with the club/team does not automatically make you disloyal.

Now if the username was Lemmingforlife that might be a different matter.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2016 18:06

Completely different subject LOL at Ady Williams praising the great support from the Wolves supporters. I thought it was an appallingly low turnout from what supposedly is such a massive club with such a large fanbase. And no Ady, it is not a long journey, it just seems like Wolverhampton is in a different world.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 07 Feb 2016 18:14

Brian has been here for 12 or 13 games. There is no real sign of improvement. It’s not unreasonable to wonder whether he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t make you a moron, disloyal or whatever other insults are being bandied around.

If you enjoyed yesterday’s game, and think the contribution of the manager towards getting the best out of the players at his disposal is going all right, then well done you.

I though it was rubbish, and I think a fair sized proportion of the blame lies with a manager who seems willing to discuss in the after match interview the fact that he doesn’t know what to do to improve things.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2016 18:49

Interesting to compare with Clarke who told us he knew exactly what the problems were not long after he took over, and then failed to sort them.

ROWY

by ROWY » 07 Feb 2016 19:04

We are just lacking a real leader on the pitch - someone who will not tolerate anything less than 100% - and will act on it in the moment

There are to many out there who could give more - therefore are not giving 100% - and are getting away with it

I can't imagine BM ripping into to them - bit of an understanding chat about what might be better possibly, sort of discussion that may be appropriate for an office - I just think in this environment anything but total effort is unforgivable and needs to be addressed properly

As for yesterday - I came away thinking I had watched a bunch of prima donnas, happy to take the money and no consideration for the fact that £25 is a fair chunk of my spending money, I felt somewhat cheated

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2016 19:40

paultheroyal Yep exactly that JMW. I do wonder if these "fans" actually go to games and then witness what they want to witness to come on here and moan albeit "hoof", "referee" or "move on".

The problem is exactly as you describe. Decent footballers in this team but it's to slow and laboured. Need to press more and when we have the ball move it quicker, run at players etc. Surely they should have the Ipswich home game on repeat!!

+2

It's just idiots who see McDermott is in charge and therefore we must be direct. The same idiots who think 4, 5, or 9 league games is enough time to judge whether someone will be a success or not.

The problem is largely confidence based. The players are taking extra touches, being cautious rather than playing quick ball forward, not showing for it or finding space and generally not taking responsibility. Vydra's doing lay offs rather than taking the ball on and loads of them are shooting from range without clear opportunities because it's safe and easy, just not likely to succeed.

We have a good squad, it's just badly damaged. We're struggling, but with McDermott you never know when predictable ineptitude may turn into a well oiled ruthless machine that goes on a winning streak. It wouldn't take much.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Feb 2016 20:40

Westwood52 Kermit

Oh, like the frog, how clever, original and hilarious. :|

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2016 21:03

Ian Royal
paultheroyal Yep exactly that JMW. I do wonder if these "fans" actually go to games and then witness what they want to witness to come on here and moan albeit "hoof", "referee" or "move on".

The problem is exactly as you describe. Decent footballers in this team but it's to slow and laboured. Need to press more and when we have the ball move it quicker, run at players etc. Surely they should have the Ipswich home game on repeat!!

+2

It's just idiots who see McDermott is in charge and therefore we must be direct. The same idiots who think 4, 5, or 9 league games is enough time to judge whether someone will be a success or not.

But it's way more games than that isn't it? He was here for quite a lot of games before or have you conveniently forgotten that? During that stay he also demonstrated that he appeared to have problems getting the best out of quality players, whether or not those players 'had an attitude'. That was the reason a lot of people were against his reappointment and to date he has done absolutely nothing to prove them wrong. The idiots are those at the club who went for the easy and soft option of nice guy, loyal guy, loves the club, yes man.

He came here knowing the club and most of those above him extremely well. It is also nonsense to suggest it's not his team. By my reckoning there are at least 7 players in and around the first team who could rightly be regarded as 'his players'. That is a lot more than many other new managers have at this stage, as is the level of talent. Like the team, he is performing significantly what could and should be expected.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 07 Feb 2016 21:45

Armadillo Roadkill Brian has been here for 12 or 13 games. There is no real sign of improvement. It’s not unreasonable to wonder whether he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t make you a moron, disloyal or whatever other insults are being bandied around.

If you enjoyed yesterday’s game, and think the contribution of the manager towards getting the best out of the players at his disposal is going all right, then well done you.

I though it was rubbish, and I think a fair sized proportion of the blame lies with a manager who seems willing to discuss in the after match interview the fact that he doesn’t know what to do to improve things.

I didn't see that interview, slightly disturbing if true ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 07 Feb 2016 22:09

prfoster anybody thinks HRK worth an eight needs eyes testing , should be playing in div 1/2 , we have gone from playing a decent brand of football with bright inventive players , reaching 2nd place and looking good for play offs , now resemble a slow disorganised unstructured team , following an old idealess coach who should be at arsenal watching youth players.look at stlye of football under clark without HRK and tell me honestly where we are now

We do look all at sea. BM has stuck with the same side now for quite a few games, and the same predictable shape which makes us easy to set up against. If we were winning I would agree but the level of performances lack invention and this league looks much more competitive now than when BM last graced it ..

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 22:13

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

+2

But it's way more games than that isn't it? He was here for quite a lot of games before or have you conveniently forgotten that? During that stay he also demonstrated that he appeared to have problems getting the best out of quality players, whether or not those players 'had an attitude'. That was the reason a lot of people were against his reappointment and to date he has done absolutely nothing to prove them wrong. The idiots are those at the club who went for the easy and soft option of nice guy, loyal guy, loves the club, yes man.

He came here knowing the club and most of those above him extremely well. It is also nonsense to suggest it's not his team. By my reckoning there are at least 7 players in and around the first team who could rightly be regarded as 'his players'. That is a lot more than many other new managers have at this stage, as is the level of talent. Like the team, he is performing significantly what could and should be expected.

John Madejski on, let's face it a shoestring, presides over the best 20 + years in the club history - you're not happy. He's a tight fisted twat apparently. He sells up and we get worse and worse - still his fault apparently.

Brian McDermott gets us promoted on, let's face it a shoestring, and apparently he can't get the best out of quality players. Which ones were those exactly? Danny Guthrie?? Fcuking Nick Blackman?

He got the best out of Kebe, Long, Sigurdsson and Roberts (yes he was quality) plus a number of decent aging but good players all of who enjoyed and thrived playing for him.

When have you ever been happy with anything? You strike me as the sort of person who feels the need to criticise in order to feel better about yourself.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2016 22:17

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

+2

People have been banging the same drum since a few weeks after he arrived, so no, it's not a lot more games than that. Even now, plus cup matches, it's a grand total of 12 matches. And no, his previous stint three years ago is not relevant to whether he's going to be a success here this time.

Way too many people grinding axes they should have dropped a long time ago.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 07 Feb 2016 22:19

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

+2

But it's way more games than that isn't it? He was here for quite a lot of games before or have you conveniently forgotten that? During that stay he also demonstrated that he appeared to have problems getting the best out of quality players, whether or not those players 'had an attitude'. .

He certainly failed to get the best out of Gylfi and Long!

I'm struggling to think of too many 'quality players' McDermott struggled to get the best out of. No doubt Danny Guthrie is one! Clearly we struggled in the Premier League but by and large I just don't think our squad was good enough due to a lack of investment; at this level I actually doubt you'll find too many managers who have a better track record for getting the best out of a group of players.

It's true he was here for three years in a past but whilst the past obviously isn't a guarantee of success in the future, it seems odd to use that period as a justification for expecting him to fail in the Championship.

I have every faith that if Brian McDermott is here for three years we'll be successful. He has a track record for gradually identifying how a particular group of players needs to play to be effective and then going on an excellent run once he's done this.

Reflecting on yesterday in general terms, I thought Norwood had an unusually poor game and we were too slow at times in passing the ball around areas which were no threat to Wolves. I'd like to see us play at a higher tempo and move the ball forwards a bit quicker like we did in the second half of Brian's first game against Blackburn.

I thought the new guy looked lively. And Al Habsi deserves credit for a very good performance. We don't seem to have had the same goalkeeping issues since McDermott came in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2016 22:19

Longhorn1970
Armadillo Roadkill Brian has been here for 12 or 13 games. There is no real sign of improvement. It’s not unreasonable to wonder whether he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t make you a moron, disloyal or whatever other insults are being bandied around.

Coppell said the same thing after we lost 3-0 three times in a row.

I'd prefer a manager who admits he doesn't know what the problem is but is trying hard to find out, to one who pretends he does and can't fix it still.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Feb 2016 22:42

Surprised noone picked me up on my original post - it was Gunter's dodgy backwards header and not McShane. Well, they do look exactly the same. It was also in the second half and not the first.

Had a bit of a shocker there, I will admit.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 23:18

genome Surprised noone picked me up on my original post - it was Gunter's dodgy backwards header and not McShane. Well, they do look exactly the same. It was also in the second half and not the first.

Had a bit of a shocker there, I will admit.

it's not all about you Genome

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 23:21

RoyalinBracknell
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal +2

But it's way more games than that isn't it? He was here for quite a lot of games before or have you conveniently forgotten that? During that stay he also demonstrated that he appeared to have problems getting the best out of quality players, whether or not those players 'had an attitude'. .

He certainly failed to get the best out of Gylfi and Long!

I'm struggling to think of too many 'quality players' McDermott struggled to get the best out of. No doubt Danny Guthrie is one! Clearly we struggled in the Premier League but by and large I just don't think our squad was good enough due to a lack of investment; at this level I actually doubt you'll find too many managers who have a better track record for getting the best out of a group of players.

It's true he was here for three years in a past but whilst the past obviously isn't a guarantee of success in the future, it seems odd to use that period as a justification for expecting him to fail in the Championship.

I have every faith that if Brian McDermott is here for three years we'll be successful. He has a track record for gradually identifying how a particular group of players needs to play to be effective and then going on an excellent run once he's done this.

Reflecting on yesterday in general terms, I thought Norwood had an unusually poor game and we were too slow at times in passing the ball around areas which were no threat to Wolves. I'd like to see us play at a higher tempo and move the ball forwards a bit quicker like we did in the second half of Brian's first game against Blackburn.

I thought the new guy looked lively. And Al Habsi deserves credit for a very good performance. We don't seem to have had the same goalkeeping issues since McDermott came in.

great post

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Feb 2016 23:21

Of course it is, don't be ridiculous

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 07 Feb 2016 23:35

Longhorn1970

It was on the radio - he was basically still defending playing Williams on the right wing a couple of weeks ago.

We need Quinn back in the starting line up. He has more of the urgency to pass the ball forward that we need compared to Norwood, who is either Hollywood balls or sideways passing, & Williams, who tries to run with the ball far too much, usually giving it away at the end.

Our shape yesterday was decent, but the key to playing with pace (as we were earlier in the season) is pass & move. At the moment we're all pass & no move.

225 posts