MATCH THREAD: Huddersfield (A) sponsored by a Nakhi Wells goal

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCH THREAD: Huddersfield (A) sponsored by a Nakhi Wells goal

by windermere_royal » 08 Mar 2016 21:51

Rotherham won again. 9 point gap with 11 to play, admittedly our GD is miles better than theirs . but could be down to 6 this weekend.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Mar 2016 21:54

Ian Royal Anyone who expected better than nicking a draw out of this was deluded. Lots of changes, mediocre side struggling for form, FA Cup QF on Friday, Huddersfield have caused us endless trouble this season already, even if we've managed to romp 10 men in a comeback, sneak a draw and hit a comeback win.

Done by a poor side, they turned up we didn't ..

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 Mar 2016 21:55

Didn't listen to the game, but that line up wasn't exactly shit. WTF is the issue with us against the Udders?

2 shots on target out of 11 - not good enough, especially against 19th in the table. And it was turgid in the cup. This isn't a managerial problem - its a player problem. Time for people to earn their keep or oxf*rd off from this team.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Mar 2016 21:57

RG7Fan Didn't listen to the game, but that line up wasn't exactly shit. WTF is the issue with us against the Udders?

2 shots on target out of 11 - not good enough, especially against 19th in the table. And it was turgid in the cup. This isn't a managerial problem - its a player problem. Time for people to earn their keep or oxf*rd off from this team.

The manager ultimately takes the blame for sh*te results

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 Mar 2016 22:02

Longhorn1970
RG7Fan Didn't listen to the game, but that line up wasn't exactly shit. WTF is the issue with us against the Udders?

Wrongly in my view. Same players - different manager. Earn your corn or graze elsewhere in my view.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Mar 2016 22:05

RG7Fan
Longhorn1970

Wrongly in my view. Same players - different manager. Earn your corn or graze elsewhere in my view.

That's football, he bombed out Sa (and we cashed in on NB) then brought in below par players, that's not the players fault ..

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2016 22:10

scumbag Who cares? It's a disjointed squad who have barely played together in this type of unit. Our eyes are clearly on Friday and rightly so, the whinging and slating of Brian and the team on BBC Radio Berkshire is absolutely embarrassing.

No more than the justification of an appalling season of results and performances on the back of a cup run. The performance of McDermott and his coaching team with what is still a squad with loads of very talented players is also pretty embarrassing.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Mar 2016 22:10

Longhorn1970
RG7Fan
Longhorn1970

That's football, he bombed out Sa (and we cashed in on NB) then brought in below par players, that's not the players fault ..

Sorry did he have a say in any of that? Sa wanted away. Blackman wanted away.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2016 22:11

Longhorn1970
scumbag Who cares? It's a disjointed squad who have barely played together in this type of unit. Our eyes are clearly on Friday and rightly so, the whinging and slating of Brian and the team on BBC Radio Berkshire is absolutely embarrassing.

a few minds were definitely elsewhere, but that's football not BM's fault he can't focus his team ...

Who the f*cks fault is it then? What the f*ck is he and his coaching team being paid for? :twisted: :twisted:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2016 22:11

Jagermesiter1871
Longhorn1970
RG7Fan

Sa wanted away because McDermott had frozen him out!

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 08 Mar 2016 22:13

tidus_mi2 Sounds like Rakels is going down easy again but this time actually won a free kick.

Well what a surprise!

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Mar 2016 22:19

Jagermesiter1871
Longhorn1970
RG7Fan

Sa was left out, the rest who knows ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Mar 2016 22:20

RoyalBlue
Longhorn1970

a few minds were definitely elsewhere, but that's football not BM's fault he can't focus his team ...

Who the f*cks fault is it then? What the f*ck is he and his coaching team being paid for? :twisted: :twisted:

I was taking the p*ss

Rax

by Rax » 08 Mar 2016 22:21

Oops - we lose against the Udders and the knives for MaccyD are out again....

No doubt they'll be put back in the drawer if we win on Friday!

Keep the faith people!

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 08 Mar 2016 22:23

windermere_royal Rotherham won again. 9 point gap with 11 to play, admittedly our GD is miles better than theirs . but could be down to 6 this weekend.

or ...
Win our game in hand (I know, I know) and we're 12 clear of Rotherham and 9 off Wednesday :)

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 08 Mar 2016 22:27

Personally, l feel that the unwinnable Cup is nothing more than a distraction. Poor performance tonight, we have the resources to do so much better.

I have never been a McDermott fan and nothing l have seen this time round has changed that.

League results and respectability please, or can we have a manager who can deliver. A cup run is just not adequate compensation for another wasted season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2016 22:28

Longhorn1970
RoyalBlue
Longhorn1970

I was taking the p*ss

And I bit :oops:

But that's how angry at I am with the apologists for the management team and coaches and the continued justification of our shyte results and performances on the basis that we might just get to Wembley.

bobby m's syrup Personally, l feel that the unwinnable Cup is nothing more than a distraction. Poor performance tonight, we have the resources to do so much better.

I have never been a McDermott fan and nothing l have seen this time round has changed that.

League results and respectability please, or can we have a manager who can deliver. A cup run is just not adequate compensation for another wasted season.

Exactly. If McDermott stays it's probably best to skip the season ticket next time around and just buy tickets for cup games!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 08 Mar 2016 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Mar 2016 22:29

windermere_royal Rotherham won again. 9 point gap with 11 to play, admittedly our GD is miles better than theirs . but could be down to 6 this weekend.

You don't seriously think all the teams will overtake us as well ... I think we'd have to lose all our remaining games to do that and MK Dons would need to start winning some games ...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Mar 2016 22:32

bobby m's syrup Personally, l feel that the unwinnable Cup is nothing more than a distraction. Poor performance tonight, we have the resources to do so much better.

Agree with you on that count - if we'd won our last 2 matches or even tonight we'd not be far off the play offs to get to the Prem .... much, much, much more important than the cup run. Now we've lost tonight the season is pretty much over ...

download

by download » 08 Mar 2016 22:37

Top Flight Adie Williams is funny.

During the week he writes an article saying that Brian shouldn't rest any players at Huddersfield as we should make a real effort to make the play-offs. Then on BBC Berks this evening he is saying that we should have rested Michael Hector tonight and look after the Palace game.

No consistency whatsoever. He just speaks for the sake of it. Chopping and changing his mind.

Adie Williams made reference to this and acknowledged it. Makes me wonder if he actually reads all of this stuff on here.