In place for the Europa League semi

No Fixed Abode

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Apr 2016 14:46

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 25 Apr 2016 15:44

No Fixed Abode http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20160425T18&p0=301&msg=Time+until+Liverpool+overtake+United%27s+26+year+wait+for+a+league+title

See, it works in many situations.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 25 Apr 2016 16:11

Verdict out tomorrow on the 2 year Hillsborough inquest on whether 96 people were unlawfully killed by gross negligence or manslaughter.

11:00am tomorrow

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2016 16:17

Winston Smith Verdict out tomorrow on the 2 year Hillsborough inquest on whether 96 people were unlawfully killed by gross negligence or manslaughter.

11:00am tomorrow

Not to encourage Kes' mind-numbing commentary on this but it is pleasing in a way that this inquest has finally been completed, and that it has been thorough, and broad (it appears), to the extent that the annual service at Anfield commemorating the disaster will no longer take place.

This really does feel like a line drawn, finally the families will have answers, and finally they have been heard.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2016 11:28

Wow - didn't see this coming.

The HIllsborough inquest jury concludes:

Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed? Yes.

Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles? No.

Justice, finally.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 11:46

The correct verdict really. Although I don't for one minute think every fan was totally blameless.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2016 11:59

No Fixed Abode The correct verdict really. Although I don't for one minute think every fan was totally blameless.

The beauty of the democracy we live in is that you are free to continue to be wilfully ignorant on this.

For the families now though, this finally means justice, and prosecution for those involved and who sought to cover the up the events of the day.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 12:06

Sanguine
No Fixed Abode The correct verdict really. Although I don't for one minute think every fan was totally blameless.

The beauty of the democracy we live in is that you are free to continue to be wilfully ignorant on this.

For the families now though, this finally means justice, and prosecution for those involved and who sought to cover the up the events of the day.

Not ignorant. Just a realist.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2016 12:08

No Fixed Abode
Sanguine

Not ignorant. Just a realist.

No behaviour on the part of Liverpool fans contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles. This, at last, comprehensively exonerates the supporters who were blamed for causing the disaster in its immediate aftermath.

Stay classy, Kes.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 12:20

Generic Liverpool fan response #1.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 26 Apr 2016 12:34

Are people seriously debating whether Kes's opinion does not outweigh the findings of a two year public enquiry the largest ever, with evidence, eye witness statements, and dare I say it, facts?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 12:37

Mr Optimist Are people seriously debating whether Kes's opinion does not outweigh the findings of a two year public enquiry the largest ever, with evidence, eye witness statements, and dare I say it, facts?

Did people really debate the court of law's verdict that John Terry was not guilty in the Anton Ferdinand saga with evidence, eye witness statements, and dare I say it facts? Yes they did.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 26 Apr 2016 12:47

No Fixed Abode
Mr Optimist Are people seriously debating whether Kes's opinion does not outweigh the findings of a two year public enquiry the largest ever, with evidence, eye witness statements, and dare I say it, facts?

Did people really debate the court of law's verdict that John Terry was not guilty in the Anton Ferdinand saga with evidence, eye witness statements, and dare I say it facts? Yes they did.

Comparing the unlawful killing of 96 innocent football supporters with John Terry possibly saying something racist in a game of football is unforgivable. You can say I am rattled if you like, but I am not going to enter in to a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 13:03

Oh right - so in this day and age - racism is worse than killing and vice versa when it suits. Got ya.

Any way - like I said - correct verdict given the evidence at hand. But we all know football fans can be complete belmonts especially when they've had a few.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Apr 2016 13:18

Jon Keen Oh right - so in this day and age - racism is worse than killing and vice versa when it suits. Got ya.

Any way - like I said - correct verdict given the evidence at hand. But we all know the general public can be complete belmonts especially when they've had a few.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 26 Apr 2016 14:11

Well, it's a bit grim, but it's the CCTV from the day

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/ ... D0002.html

It shocked me when I did the away game that basically all Wednesday had done was put seats straight into that terrace.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 26 Apr 2016 14:13

" If orders had been given to that effect when gate C was opened, the fans could have been directed to the empty areas of the wings and this disaster could still have been avoided. Failure to give that order was a blunder of the first magnitude.'"

Politely put.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Apr 2016 14:17

I am pleased that justice is finally done for the families and hope now criminal investigations will commence and charges brought against Duckinfield and those who tried to cover it up.

Also I spy suggestions in the media that the South Yorkshire police force should be disbanded and reformed under another name.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Apr 2016 14:25

Sutekh
Also I spy suggestions in the media that the South Yorkshire police force should be disbanded and reformed under another name.

I don't see what good that would do really and it would cost the taxpayer a lot of money.

8695 posts