Brian, New Director of football.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian, New Director of football.

by Nameless » 10 May 2016 17:57

First someone would need to define a job, you can't just give Brian a new job title. Clearly people have different jobs in mind on here.
He wouldn't do the DofF role that Hammond did. He's got no experience negotiating contracts and doing the financial deals.
He could do the scouting stuff, but then that's a job for a chief scout, which would be a demotion.
How he'd do a DofF role with Avram Grant as manager makes me scratch my head. What would the job be and what qualifies him for it ?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 May 2016 18:33

There's a far bigger plan in place judging by recent recruitment.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 May 2016 18:37

what do u reckon it is?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 May 2016 20:25

bluerinse My first reaction to your comment was to say" keep drinking the beer."
However on reflection your comment makes some sense. Brian has the contacts for the job as DOF. It may be that Brians meeting with the Thais this week may be more than about funds available for new players. The Thais also appear to have contacts within Europe and maybe they will ask Brian to step up to DOF and appoint their own foreign manager. Any suggestions for a new foreign manager?

Boutros Boutros Ghali.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 10 May 2016 21:36

It's not a rumour, just an idea. Brian is the perfect Direcor of Football, much better with the press than Hammond. Steven Reid's got to have a chance for manager, very popular with the players, what's to lose? Also did you see Madjeski's turned up nose with Sally Taylor on BBC news tonight, priceless!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2016 22:19

quickwingerswife 4 of us sat in The Diamond Tap,Newbury,Sunday evening, 4 reasonable people. Between us we have about 110 years of following Reading Football Club so we are not just a bunch of rednecks on home cooked meth. After a while some blue sky thinking brought up the idea of Brian promoted to Director of Football, with his gift for spin and vast lists ofcontacts, and a better team manager sitting in the dugout. Someone like Eddie Howe would fit the bill and there must be someone about surely? We all agreed what a good idea.

It sounds like senility has got to you.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2016 09:26

quickwingerswife It's not a rumour, just an idea. Brian is the perfect Direcor of Football, much better with the press than Hammond. Steven Reid's got to have a chance for manager, very popular with the players, what's to lose? Also did you see Madjeski's turned up nose with Sally Taylor on BBC news tonight, priceless!

Being good with the press has no real relevance for a DofF though. As above, decide what you think our DofF should do before deciding Brian is the perfect fit, as the job Hammond did isn't really what Brian has experience of.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 11 May 2016 13:03

Nameless
quickwingerswife It's not a rumour, just an idea. Brian is the perfect Direcor of Football, much better with the press than Hammond. Steven Reid's got to have a chance for manager, very popular with the players, what's to lose? Also did you see Madjeski's turned up nose with Sally Taylor on BBC news tonight, priceless!

Being good with the press has no real relevance for a DofF though. As above, decide what you think our DofF should do before deciding Brian is the perfect fit, as the job Hammond did isn't really what Brian has experience of.

Lets not forget that Hammond didn't have any experience when he took on the roll. Even this Dutch kid in his new role.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 May 2016 18:08

Fair point.
But because one person developed into a role over a period of time it doesn't make it logical to take someone else with no obvious experience or interest in a job and push them into it just to get them out of the way....
If we need a DofF it would surely be more logical to find someone who could step in and do the job straight away,
The new guy is only there as a stop gap.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 11 May 2016 18:43

quickwingerswife 4 of us sat in The Diamond Tap,Newbury

Did you have a gun to your back or something?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 May 2016 10:09

sandman
bluerinse My first reaction to your comment was to say" keep drinking the beer."
However on reflection your comment makes some sense. Brian has the contacts for the job as DOF. It may be that Brians meeting with the Thais this week may be more than about funds available for new players. The Thais also appear to have contacts within Europe and maybe they will ask Brian to step up to DOF and appoint their own foreign manager. Any suggestions for a new foreign manager?

Boutros Boutros Ghali.

He's dead!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 May 2016 13:17

Sutekh
sandman

Boutros Boutros Ghali.

He's dead!

Most of our fans are brain dead so I doubt they care too much about that.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 12 May 2016 14:08

sandman
Sutekh
sandman
Boutros Boutros Ghali.

He's dead!

Others have used that expression as well as "airhead".
I wonder why people like you and they deign to come on here at all-should we braindeads and airheads be humbly grateful?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 May 2016 14:16

sandman
Sutekh
sandman
Boutros Boutros Ghali.

He's dead!

I'd still take him over adkins

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 May 2016 16:17

BR2
sandman
Sutekh
He's dead!

Others have used that expression as well as "airhead".
I wonder why people like you and they deign to come on here at all-should we braindeads and airheads be humbly grateful?

It's only a joke, ya miserable sod.

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 12 May 2016 16:40

sandman
Sutekh
sandman
Boutros Boutros Ghali.

He's dead!

Absolute oxf*rd, so because you cant contribute anything to a post you resort to acting like a 5 year old, absolute bellend

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 May 2016 16:44

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 May 2016 16:48

110 years between you and it's considered that Eddie Howe would leave his lucrative job at Premiership Bournemouth and join no-hopers in the Championship?

Oh dear............................................