An analysis of Reading's current situation

121 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: An analysis of Reading's current situation

by Royal Rother » 06 Jun 2016 09:24

AthleticoSpizz And that is exactly the right way to view your football "oldun"......too many people take it far too seriously

Amen to that.

Correct use of the English language is far more important.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Jun 2016 13:37

Snowball
bcubed Is there a synopsis of this post anywhere?!

"SJM sold out to a Russian Numpty
and it's been downhill from there.
Next stop League 1, barring a miracle"

Thanks Snowball
That is more than enough

Fezza

by Fezza » 06 Jun 2016 14:30

bcubed
Snowball

Thanks Snowball
That is more than enough

The alternative being....

We're sh!t, aaaahhhhhhhhh!

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 06 Jun 2016 16:24

Top Flight Their lack of experience and knowledge is going to get us relegated next season.

Top Flight I think our risk of getting relegated next season is 50%

lol. Top Flight is classic.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 06 Jun 2016 18:20

Rollerbob
Top Flight Their lack of experience and knowledge is going to get us relegated next season.

Top Flight I think our risk of getting relegated next season is 50%

lol. Top Flight is classic.

You know what I mean....

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 07 Jun 2016 08:20

Why the fcuk is this shit stickied?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jun 2016 10:33

It's not what you know, it's who you blow......

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Jun 2016 16:02

It really comes down to what you want as fans. I know that there are plenty of people who wish that we could be Leicester or Man City; that we could have owners that pour money into the club season upon season, employee a series of high profile managers and buy player after player until eventually you achieve success. That's by and large how modern football works and I suppose it's by far the most likely route that a smaller club can take to get into the 'big time'.

Me, I don't want that. I want a club that values loyalty, sticks with it's managers, has players that love the club and acts in a way we can generally be proud in. If that club never makes it out of the Championship - or ends up coming straight back down when it does - then so be it. There are 92 teams in the professional leagues and we can't all be successful all the time. I'd rather have a club that earns and values the success it does has and accepts the failure.

I didn't renew my season ticket because I have no respect for the way the club is operating. The last 2 seasons have been frankly appalling but I made it to every home league game last season and all I could the previous (including winter Tuesday night games). I would have stuck it out no matter how bad the results or football got as long as I thought that club was more than just some rich kids play thing. The McDermott sacking was just an indication of things to come.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 Jun 2016 19:52

Elm Park Kid It really comes down to what you want as fans. I know that there are plenty of people who wish that we could be Leicester or Man City; that we could have owners that pour money into the club season upon season, employee a series of high profile managers and buy player after player until eventually you achieve success. That's by and large how modern football works and I suppose it's by far the most likely route that a smaller club can take to get into the 'big time'.

Me, I don't want that. I want a club that values loyalty, sticks with it's managers, has players that love the club and acts in a way we can generally be proud in. If that club never makes it out of the Championship - or ends up coming straight back down when it does - then so be it. There are 92 teams in the professional leagues and we can't all be successful all the time. I'd rather have a club that earns and values the success it does has and accepts the failure.

I didn't renew my season ticket because I have no respect for the way the club is operating. The last 2 seasons have been frankly appalling but I made it to every home league game last season and all I could the previous (including winter Tuesday night games). I would have stuck it out no matter how bad the results or football got as long as I thought that club was more than just some rich kids play thing. The McDermott sacking was just an indication of things to come.

I want the same as you Elm Park Kid. That's why I'm so annoyed with Brian's sacking. I don't really care what division we're in. I've seen us in all the divisions.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Jun 2016 10:47

Elm Park Kid wrote:
It really comes down to what you want as fans. I know that there are plenty of people who wish that we could be Leicester or Man City; that we could have owners that pour money into the club season upon season, employee a series of high profile managers and buy player after player until eventually you achieve success. That's by and large how modern football works and I suppose it's by far the most likely route that a smaller club can take to get into the 'big time'.

Good post this one. Concise and to the point. As well as, probably, summing up quite a few people's feelings at the mo'.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 08 Jun 2016 17:16

The Cap
Elm Park Kid wrote:

Good post this one. Concise and to the point. As well as, probably, summing up quite a few people's feelings at the mo'.

Well said Elm Park Kid.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 08 Jun 2016 20:01

The Cap
Elm Park Kid wrote:

I agree with what the poster is insinuating, however at the end of the day I am a Reading supporter and support the team.

As much as I am disliking the current situation I have renewed my ST for the sole purpose of backing the team I have grown up a fan of.
I cannot really see any point in staying away because I dont like something about the club.

What are you going to do for your footie fix?
Even if you watch some non league stuff its not the same as following YOUR team.

Tankite

by Tankite » 08 Jun 2016 20:43

Relative newcomer to the interweb thingy, still learning although old.

Lifelong supporter of RFC, initially from my home in Southampton Street 56 years ago.

I walked into Elm Park one day and the virus I caught has been with me ever since.

I shall not be happy until RFC are this seasons Leicester.

Jaap Stam the new Manager, he would not have accepted the job without assurances about a transfer kitty and a degree of control.

If a self-opinionated ex-Man United player had ever managed our club in the past - and then succeded, I would have some belief.

ST Coppell! Keep the faith!

Tankite

by Tankite » 08 Jun 2016 20:54

An afterthought, our defence has recently not been brilliant. That may change.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 08 Jun 2016 21:18

Sebastian
Snowball

Quite.

+1 whether we turn up or not (I managed to take that bit in but skipped most of it).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jun 2016 23:26

Sebastian
wingnut Why the fcuk is this shit stickied?

Quite.

It's because Forbes is easily impressed isn't it?

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 08 Jun 2016 23:31

Tankite Relative newcomer to the interweb thingy, still learning although old.

Lifelong supporter of RFC, initially from my home in Southampton Street 56 years ago.

I walked into Elm Park one day and the virus I caught has been with me ever since.

I shall not be happy until RFC are this seasons Leicester.

Jaap Stam the new Manager, he would not have accepted the job without assurances about a transfer kitty and a degree of control.

If a self-opinionated ex-Man United player had ever managed our club in the past - and then succeded, I would have some belief.

ST Coppell! Keep the faith!

Hi Kes/Semi/Taipai

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 Jun 2016 09:06

Stock Exchange report today values Autotrader at £4-billion. Just saying.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Jun 2016 10:27

Norfolk Royal Stock Exchange report today values Autotrader at £4-billion. Just saying.

What are you saying ?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 Jun 2016 11:23

Franchise FC
Norfolk Royal Stock Exchange report today values Autotrader at £4-billion. Just saying.

What are you saying ?

Just dreaming really that maybe if SJM had held onto Autotrader and flogged it now, he could have been the benevolent billionaire we always wanted.

121 posts