CONFIMRED - Jaap Stam

490 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jaap Stam/Stamalamadingdong Mega Thread

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2016 10:11

There's too much rude stuff giving you bad imagery on this board.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 10 Jun 2016 10:40

Well sorry for upsetting the Team boarders by lack of board etiquette, I very rarely post there or the Rumours board.
I speak and read Dutch so thought I might be useful but the snippy replies are not welcome.

And just what do you have against me Ian? I have noticed a marked animosity towards me in your history of posts.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Jun 2016 10:58

leon Fcuks sake Ian, give it a rest you're like one of those bent little yappy dogs that ballet choreographers or international hair consultants have that tries to kick off with everything.

+1000

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott out - Jaap Stam in....

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Jun 2016 11:00

floyd__streete I have heard McDermott is being sacked today. I have also been told that it won't be Stam replacing him, he's already turned it down!

These owners are out of control aren't they :|

Is that right ?! ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 10 Jun 2016 11:19

paultheroyal A good read... And more I read the more I want Stam in....

Following the departure of Brian McDermott from the Madejski after a particularly tough end of the season which saw Reading once again struggling in the league; there has been one name that has been getting mentioned time and time again in relation to the now vacant managerial position in Berkshire – Jaap Stam. It may not have been the first name that many would have expected to be leading the frontrunners for the job, but it is one that has had a pretty positive response from the Reading faithful.

It is pretty difficult to estimate how well Stam could do working with Reading as he has no previous managerial experience and was mostly recently working as an assistant manager with Jong Ajax who play their football in the Dutch second tier. However, Stam had a tremendous playing career and no doubt would have learned a great deal about the game and how it should be played from some of the very best coaches in the business.

As a player Stam had a reputation as defender who took absolutely no nonsense from any of his opponents and will surely have little trouble motivating his players. The Reading fans have wanted to see passion and commitment from their side over the past couple of seasons as many performances have become flat with players casting their eyes elsewhere. It is likely that a former Dutch footballer of the year and Champions League winner would have the respect of a Championship side.

With a deal expected to be signed in the coming days, it may just be the start of a Dutch revolution at the Madejski Stadium. Reading have already appointed Brian Tevreden, who had previously worked in the Ajax youth systems, as Director of Football following the departure of the long-standing Nicky Hammond and quickly followed up with the signing of Dutchman Danzell Gravenberch who had previously graduated from Ajax’s academy.

Reading fans will be slightly weary of the possibility of a number of young Ajax players joining on loan however, as loan signings were not particularly successful during the last campaign. Although, the owners at Reading have expressed their wish for the new manager to work with young players and bring them through as members of the first team. Stam’s experience working at one of the most respected academies in Europe will certainly help him and he will have a wealth of experience to pass on to the Reading academy set-up which has produced some very talented players in recent years.

Embed from Getty Images

The deal that Stam has on the table is a one year deal with a possible one year extension should his first season be successful. This may well mean that should things not improve at in Berkshire that Stam could be yet another manager to face the axe at the Madejski – as the new Thai owners have sacked 3 managers since their arrival two years ago. However, Stam does have a buzz of excitement around his potential appointment so he will definitely have the backing of the Reading fans as he enters into his first games as a senior manager.

It is unclear as to which way this appointment could go for both Stam and Reading. It is a bit of a gamble by the Thai owners to choose a manager who has no previous experience managing at a senior level and will be entering a team that has been struggling for ideas with an increasingly dissatisfied fanbase.

The Championship is also one of, if not the, most challenging leagues in the world so the former Manchester United man will have a task on his hands to get Reading back where the fans and owners want them to be – The Premier League. Stam is a big name in the football world though, so it may prove to be a master stroke to appoint a manager who will bring a real buzz with his arrival.

Brian McDermott was a seen a safe option and didn’t deliver. The owners have now taken a u-turn to that approach and are seemingly putting their faith in a very unexperienced manager. Time will tell how Stam gets on, but this could be the start of a new chapter for Reading with a possibility of a heavy Dutch influence moving forward.

Seems that overnight the owners have adopted the lesser known Bw'ian (Tevredon) as the new messiah, quite why they've put all their faith in a guy who doesn't know this league from 'Adam' is very baffling. In a rather predictable move Bw'ian mkII has now surrounded himself with his pals from Holland who also have no hands on experience at this level (that I'm aware of) not to say they can't develop some very talented kids at Ajax, but this challenge is somewhat different ... Jury out

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 10 Jun 2016 11:45

It seems Charles Watts has had a Damascene conversion and is now a believer in the Stam + Uldrnk faith. To be made official on Monday apparently.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 10 Jun 2016 11:50

"You put your Japp Stam in, your Japp Stam out, in out, in out, you shake it all about, you do the hokey cokey and you turn round, that's what Stam's about..."

NessaFromEldorado

by NessaFromEldorado » 10 Jun 2016 11:58

leon Fcuks sake Ian, give it a rest you're like one of those bent little yappy dogs that ballet choreographers or international hair consultants have that tries to kick off with everything.

Good use of international hair consultant.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 10 Jun 2016 18:31

I actually AM an international hair consultant, and I'm really concilliatory.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Jun 2016 01:32

Armadillo Roadkill I actually AM an international hair consultant, and I'm really concilliatory.

None of this surprises me.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Jun 2016 09:04

Longhorn1970
paultheroyal A good read... And more I read the more I want Stam in....

Following the departure of Brian McDermott from the Madejski after a particularly tough end of the season which saw Reading once again struggling in the league; there has been one name that has been getting mentioned time and time again in relation to the now vacant managerial position in Berkshire – Jaap Stam. It may not have been the first name that many would have expected to be leading the frontrunners for the job, but it is one that has had a pretty positive response from the Reading faithful.

It is pretty difficult to estimate how well Stam could do working with Reading as he has no previous managerial experience and was mostly recently working as an assistant manager with Jong Ajax who play their football in the Dutch second tier. However, Stam had a tremendous playing career and no doubt would have learned a great deal about the game and how it should be played from some of the very best coaches in the business.

As a player Stam had a reputation as defender who took absolutely no nonsense from any of his opponents and will surely have little trouble motivating his players. The Reading fans have wanted to see passion and commitment from their side over the past couple of seasons as many performances have become flat with players casting their eyes elsewhere. It is likely that a former Dutch footballer of the year and Champions League winner would have the respect of a Championship side.

With a deal expected to be signed in the coming days, it may just be the start of a Dutch revolution at the Madejski Stadium. Reading have already appointed Brian Tevreden, who had previously worked in the Ajax youth systems, as Director of Football following the departure of the long-standing Nicky Hammond and quickly followed up with the signing of Dutchman Danzell Gravenberch who had previously graduated from Ajax’s academy.

Reading fans will be slightly weary of the possibility of a number of young Ajax players joining on loan however, as loan signings were not particularly successful during the last campaign. Although, the owners at Reading have expressed their wish for the new manager to work with young players and bring them through as members of the first team. Stam’s experience working at one of the most respected academies in Europe will certainly help him and he will have a wealth of experience to pass on to the Reading academy set-up which has produced some very talented players in recent years.

Embed from Getty Images

The deal that Stam has on the table is a one year deal with a possible one year extension should his first season be successful. This may well mean that should things not improve at in Berkshire that Stam could be yet another manager to face the axe at the Madejski – as the new Thai owners have sacked 3 managers since their arrival two years ago. However, Stam does have a buzz of excitement around his potential appointment so he will definitely have the backing of the Reading fans as he enters into his first games as a senior manager.

It is unclear as to which way this appointment could go for both Stam and Reading. It is a bit of a gamble by the Thai owners to choose a manager who has no previous experience managing at a senior level and will be entering a team that has been struggling for ideas with an increasingly dissatisfied fanbase.

The Championship is also one of, if not the, most challenging leagues in the world so the former Manchester United man will have a task on his hands to get Reading back where the fans and owners want them to be – The Premier League. Stam is a big name in the football world though, so it may prove to be a master stroke to appoint a manager who will bring a real buzz with his arrival.

Brian McDermott was a seen a safe option and didn’t deliver. The owners have now taken a u-turn to that approach and are seemingly putting their faith in a very unexperienced manager. Time will tell how Stam gets on, but this could be the start of a new chapter for Reading with a possibility of a heavy Dutch influence moving forward.

Seems that overnight the owners have adopted the lesser known Bw'ian (Tevredon) as the new messiah, quite why they've put all their faith in a guy who doesn't know this league from 'Adam' is very baffling. In a rather predictable move Bw'ian mkII has now surrounded himself with his pals from Holland who also have no hands on experience at this level (that I'm aware of) not to say they can't develop some very talented kids at Ajax, but this challenge is somewhat different ... Jury out

Nah, just allowed Pairoj to do his own thing this time round. Last time it was all Howe, NH & SJM's management search (appointment, could hardly call it a search).

The blokes have not even put pen to paper and explained their plans yet, give em a chance ffs :lol:

As for Stam himself, reading through various Dutch supporters comments his style was not what he was known for over there. If anything, his style frustrated some fans in that it was too-defensive for the Ajax-way. But, as we well know, A strong defence is key to counter attack and that's how you win this league :wink: in all seriousness though, some backbone has been severely missing for quite some time and I'm looking forward to us hopefully being less 'nicey-nice' to our competitors next season. Jaap certainly has the contacts for support and ideas throughout the game, which he may need to turn to. The likes of Kluivert & Bergkamp are only a phone call away.

From where I am this seems a very - Pardew/Mad dog type partnership as mr Stam being the ex-pro with good contacts and solid knowledge, whilst mr ulderink is very, very vocal.

Positive. Positive. Positive. As fans we have to give the board and new management a chance before the jury is out. Thoroughly looking forward to this rebuild. No one can say it wasn't needed.
Last edited by royalp-we on 11 Jun 2016 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2016 09:14

Announcement/press conference expected on Monday or Tuesday next week (w/c 13 June) once Nigel Howe has returned from this week's FL jolly in Portugal.

Fezza

by Fezza » 11 Jun 2016 09:48

I imagine sorting contracts for the two members of backroom staff Stam wants has caused at least some of the delay!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2016 10:32

Fezza I imagine sorting contracts for the two members of backroom staff Stam wants has caused at least some of the delay!

Certainly would have done. For the record I believe the two also due to be joining are Said Bakkati and Andries Undeldrink.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jun 2016 11:09

Any idea of the existing coaching staff keep their jobs ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Jun 2016 12:04

leon
Ian Royal
tulip
Yes by me! So why is it still in Rumours and gossip?

Because a Dutch newspaper is no more official than a British newspaper you total 'tard.

Stay classy Ian

:D

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Jun 2016 12:04

Nameless Any idea of the existing coaching staff keep their jobs ?

Unlikely I'd say ..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jun 2016 14:02

Longhorn1970

Unlikely I'd say ..

Why ?
They can't be sacked just because they aren't Dutch, they clearly aren't seen as part of Mc D's personal staff or they would have been released when he was.
I would have thought there would be great merit in keeping them if they are considered good coaches and can help the new regime find their feet.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jun 2016 14:07

Nameless
Longhorn1970

Unlikely I'd say ..

Why ?
They can't be sacked just because they aren't Dutch, they clearly aren't seen as part of Mc D's personal staff or they would have been released when he was.
I would have thought there would be great merit in keeping them if they are considered good coaches and can help the new regime find their feet.

There would be great merit in it - but don't forget this is modern football you're talking about.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jun 2016 01:49

Steven Reid will be gone asap, and hopefully Beasant will go to Fulham. Reid wanted to go as soon as SC went, but we couldn't afford it. He's done nothing but sulk since.

490 posts