AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Euro 2016 Thread

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jun 2016 21:54

:lol: this is not going Ronaldo's way :lol:

double d

by double d » 18 Jun 2016 21:55

Ronaldo is such a nob. I cannot remember a single tournament where he has played like the best in the world. Glad he missed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jun 2016 21:57

....and well offside for his spectacular "goal"

double d

by double d » 18 Jun 2016 22:00

I hope they go out. Hungary win and Iceland and Austria draw then they will finish bottom depending on GD and how many Hungary can spank them by. Let's hope we have a conspiracy with Iceland and Austria :lol:

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 18 Jun 2016 22:02

Ronaldo :lol: Karma

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jun 2016 22:06

Austria..."small nation mentality" :lol:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jun 2016 22:18

Hungary and Iceland to win their final group games please........

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2016 22:58

LMFAO. If only Portugal had 11 Ronaldos, they could choke 11 times harder.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jun 2016 23:01

Still a game to play. Ronaldo thrives on pressure and the bitter jealousy of the people who try to tear him down.

He scored the only penalty that matters a few weeks ago 8) .
Last edited by sandman on 19 Jun 2016 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Jun 2016 23:06

Iceland have approx 50,000 males between the ages of 20 to 40 who might be considered of an age who could make up a football team.

In England we have more than that in the same age group in prison.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Jun 2016 23:07

Ronaldo and Messi are always compared but it's at International level where the difference is so stark.

Now, I appreciate that Argentina are a much better side than Portugal but when Argentina struggle, Messi, even if he's be having a poor game himself, often seems to find something to turn the game. When Portugal are struggling, Ronaldo more often than not, cuts a fairly lonely figure, throwing his arms in the air, gesticulating at his team mates and generally sulking around the pitch.

Maybe a comparison with Gareth Bale is more fair. I don't think Bale has been particularly good in the tournament so far but in both games, he has produced something to lift the team, he seems to thrive on the responsibility of being the focal point and carrying them forward as a team and he always stresses that it is a team effort. Ronaldo seems to crumble with the same responsibility, its almost as if he thinks that the team only exists because of him. He doesnt seem to drive or inspire his team

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 18 Jun 2016 23:29

give me a sec and i'll find two previous games that back the opposite of what you're saying

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jun 2016 07:49

From Despair To Where? Ronaldo and Messi are always compared but it's at International level where the difference is so stark.

Now, I appreciate that Argentina are a much better side than Portugal but when Argentina struggle, Messi, even if he's be having a poor game himself, often seems to find something to turn the game. When Portugal are struggling, Ronaldo more often than not, cuts a fairly lonely figure, throwing his arms in the air, gesticulating at his team mates and generally sulking around the pitch.

Maybe a comparison with Gareth Bale is more fair. I don't think Bale has been particularly good in the tournament so far but in both games, he has produced something to lift the team, he seems to thrive on the responsibility of being the focal point and carrying them forward as a team and he always stresses that it is a team effort. Ronaldo seems to crumble with the same responsibility, its almost as if he thinks that the team only exists because of him. He doesnt seem to drive or inspire his team

Ronaldo plays more minutes a season for Madrid and Portugal than anyone. He is the focal point for both teams during three competitions for Madrid and every friendly and qualifying campaign for Portugal. At the end of a season like that it's going to take its toll.

Not only does Messi have better team mates but Argentina play against lower quality teams so that makes it easier for him in the Copa America and World Cup qualifiers. I can't actually remember seeing him inspire Argentina in a game against a major nation at a World Cup. Maybe there is a match that he has but it seems to be against the Serbias of the World where he has thrived.

That's without taking into account the other "boost" he's allowed to have.

As for Bale, it's all about minutes again. He's on the Madrid treatment table almost as much as he's on the Bernabeu pitch. Even when he is on the pitch for Madrid there is always the sense that he puts in less effort because he's saving himself for Wales.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Jun 2016 09:06

Is that why he's such an ungracious and classless prick when things don't go his way, because he's tired?

No-one denies he's a great, great player but he's like the kid who takes his ball and runs off sulking when you don't pass to him
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Jun 2016 10:19, edited 2 times in total.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 19 Jun 2016 09:24

From Despair To Where? Is that why he's such an ungracious and classless prick when things don't go his way, because he's tired?

No-one denies he's a great, great player, but he's like the kid who takes his ball and runs off sulking when you don't pass to him.

:lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jun 2016 09:40

Depends on what turns up against Slovakia of course, but there's a good chance that England will play whoever finishes 3rd in the Group A after tonight's games.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 19 Jun 2016 09:59

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jun 2016 11:07

From Despair To Where? Is that why he's such an ungracious and classless prick when things don't go his way, because he's tired?

No-one denies he's a great, great player but he's like the kid who takes his ball and runs off sulking when you don't pass to him

Verbally abusing someone in front of their pregnant wife and children is being an "ungracious classless prick.".

Texting your manager from the back of the bus because you don't like the fact he's changed your position is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Academy players being on the verge of tears because Messi says "you're new here and you should pass to me" is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Purposefully kicking the ball as hard as you can at the opposition fans is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Ronaldo has standards. He gets frustrated when other people don't meet those standards and he gets frustrated when he can't reach his standards as a consequence.

Nothing Ronaldo said about Iceland was wrong:

Do they have a small time mentality? Yes.

Did they park the bus? Yes.

Are they going to do anything in the tournament? No.

Personally I understand why they had that mentality because they are a small nation. But I'm not going to attack Ronaldo for telling the truth.

That's not an insult, that's a fact of life.
Last edited by sandman on 19 Jun 2016 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jun 2016 11:33

Of course the sainted one would never dream of acting like a petulant child because someone didn't pass him the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HveDQ5TWDUA

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jun 2016 11:51

sandman

Verbally abusing someone in front of their pregnant wife and children is being an "ungracious classless prick.".

Texting your manager from the back of the bus because you don't like the fact he's changed your position is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Academy players being on the verge of tears because Messi says "you're new here and you should pass to me" is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Purposefully kicking the ball as hard as you can at the opposition fans is being an "ungracious classless prick".

Ronaldo has standards. He gets frustrated when other people don't meet those standards and he gets frustrated when he can't reach his standards as a consequence.

Nothing Ronaldo said about Iceland was wrong:

Do they have a small time mentality? Yes.

Did they park the bus? Yes.

Are they going to do anything in the tournament? No.

Personally I understand why they had that mentality because they are a small nation. But I'm not going to attack Ronaldo for telling the truth.

That's not an insult, that's a fact of life.

He's not going to read this and let you suck him off you know.

1464 posts