CONLOLFIMRED - TshibLOLa to ViLOLLOLa

222 posts
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tshibola to leave?

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jun 2016 17:15

quickwingerswife Apparently he likes the new set up at Reading with new manager saying all the right things. Keen to stay and get a long run in the team. Seems very level headed.

Really ! ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Jun 2016 17:17

Ian Royal Any less than £3.5m would be a travesty and we shouldn't be selling at all.

They need the ££££'s so Mr Stam can go shopping ..

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Jun 2016 17:17

John Smith
Ian Royal If this happens its yet another 'oxf*rd off RFC' moment. We've had a shit tonne over the last few years.

Can't we just give them Williams instead?

Come on Ian, you're better than this. You're better than making the suggestion of a regular international starter for USA should be sold instead of a player who hasn't been fit, hasn't played enough, hasn't nearly half of the experience as Williams.

Tshibola is like the Brexit: you can speculate all you want about his benefits but there are only ifs and buts until the final decision is allowed to materialise. Looks like we've voted leave.

One thing I do know is that the best player at this club is Danny Williams.

^^ except Tishibola has looked brilliant (both tackling and attacking) in the games he's played and Williams was absolute dogsh*t for the whole second half of the season. More than anything, people can see the potential in Tishibola. Williams isn't going to get better.

What we're clinging to as fans is a little bit of hope.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 21 Jun 2016 18:13

John Smith
Ian Royal If this happens its yet another 'oxf*rd off RFC' moment. We've had a shit tonne over the last few years.

Can't we just give them Williams instead?

Come on Ian, you're better than this. You're better than making the suggestion of a regular international starter for USA should be sold instead of a player who hasn't been fit, hasn't played enough, hasn't nearly half of the experience as Williams.

Tshibola is like the Brexit: you can speculate all you want about his benefits but there are only ifs and buts until the final decision is allowed to materialise. Looks like we've voted leave.

Attitude issues.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Jun 2016 19:50

The website this is being reported on is not reliable at all - I'm surprised Get reading have made a story out of it

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jun 2016 23:16

Mid Sussex Royal The website this is being reported on is not reliable at all - I'm surprised Get reading have made a story out of it

The reporter, ex Sky, is relatively reputable though.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 22 Jun 2016 01:36

maffff
Mid Sussex Royal The website this is being reported on is not reliable at all - I'm surprised Get reading have made a story out of it

Sorry. The words 'Sky' and 'reputable' should not be in the same sentence together without the prefix 'not' attached to one of them!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jun 2016 10:12

marlowuk
maffff

Sorry. The words 'Sky' and 'reputable' should not be in the same sentence together without the prefix 'not' attached to one of them!

Amy Lewis.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jun 2016 10:25

Longhorn1970
Ian Royal Any less than £3.5m would be a travesty and we shouldn't be selling at all.

All of it being spent on Mr van Ginkel's players.....

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 Jun 2016 10:29

If he is headed out then so be it. That is football, players come, players go, they always have done.

Tshibola is one who looks as if he could be a player to build a team round but we are guessing a bit. Last season he looked really top rate for the few games he played. However, quite a few other players looked good in those early stages too and that went on to abjectly underperform. So, we have seen a top rate cameo and then a long season on the treatment bench. For that reason I'd be amazed if anyone was prepared to offer serious money for him, but if they did we'd be daft not to consider it.

It is, of course, quite possible that Stam has a plan that includes a player to fill the Tshibola role and is content to see him move on to clear the space. Or that this is all a fabrication to fill column inches during a quiet period of transfer activity.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jun 2016 10:39

West Stand Man If he is headed out then so be it. That is football, players come, players go, they always have done.

Tshibola is one who looks as if he could be a player to build a team round but we are guessing a bit. Last season he looked really top rate for the few games he played. However, quite a few other players looked good in those early stages too and that went on to abjectly underperform. So, we have seen a top rate cameo and then a long season on the treatment bench. For that reason I'd be amazed if anyone was prepared to offer serious money for him, but if they did we'd be daft not to consider it.

It is, of course, quite possible that Stam has a plan that includes a player to fill the Tshibola role and is content to see him move on to clear the space. Or that this is all a fabrication to fill column inches during a quiet period of transfer activity.

Hallelujah - 5 pages it's taken for some sense to be spoken. Well done.

Move on people

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jun 2016 10:42

Except I said basically the same thing on pages 2 and 3.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jun 2016 11:59

genome Except I said basically the same thing on pages 2 and 3.

Right you are. I thought the use of emoji on your page 2 comment was adding some sort of oxf*rd sarcasm that is so often displayed on here.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Jun 2016 13:15

John Smith

Right you are. I thought the use of emoji on your page 2 comment was adding some sort of oxf*rd sarcasm that is so often displayed on here. :wink:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Jun 2016 09:36

John Smith
West Stand Man If he is headed out then so be it. That is football, players come, players go, they always have done.

Move on people

Yeah but you don't step forward over a cliff or into dog shit.
I would be seriously concerned if Tish went for anything less than £5mill plus add ons.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jun 2016 09:47

Westwood52
John Smith

Move on people

Yeah but you don't step forward over a cliff or into dog shit.
I would be seriously concerned if Tish went for anything less than £5mill plus add ons.

Please show your working for that valuation.

In our favour - he's just signed a new contract , there seems quite a lot of interest
Against - he's hardly played, he's had 2 big injuries
I am far from convinced we'll sell him, but if we do we are likley to have to accept a lower up front fee and then biggish add ons based on games played. But if 3 or 4 clubs are keen one of them may take a punt on front loading the deal more.
I'd be in the Remain camp on this though, we're stronger with him In

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 23 Jun 2016 10:42

John Smith

Right you are. I thought the use of emoji on your page 2 comment was adding some sort of oxf*rd sarcasm that is so often displayed on here.

Don't worry about things you can't change ...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 23 Jun 2016 10:43

Sutekh
Longhorn1970

All of it being spent on Mr van Ginkel's players.....

In them we have faith lol

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jun 2016 10:59

John Smith

Williams would be the first player I would get rid of.

I consider him BAD for the team. He messes up countless
moves, is selfish in a bad way

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2016 11:51

I can't see Tish leaving, just can't even consider the prospect.

222 posts