CONLOLFIMRED - TshibLOLa to ViLOLLOLa

222 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Tshibola to leave?

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2016 18:11

Can't argue with a fee that size. Desperately sad to see him go so soon, but everyone has their price and I don't think there's a player here we'd refuse £5m for.

It is yet more to add to the list of concerns about Reading sliding back down into League 1 though. We just can't build a team.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Jul 2016 18:52

If Stam isn't backed with the full Tshibola fee then we better tell the Thai owners what we really think of them. They're destroying 20 years of progress we've made :x

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Jul 2016 18:54

Royal_jimmy If Stam isn't backed with the full Tshibola fee then we better tell the Thai owners what we really think of them. They're destroying 20 years of progress we've made :x

By doing what we've always done?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 04 Jul 2016 18:59

West Stand Man It is, of course, quite possible that Stam has a plan that includes a player to fill the Tshibola role and is content to see him move on to clear the space.

Yip-Yap already has his replacement as a freebie - the former dishwasher and Sunday league player with the worst disciplinary record in Holland.

Disappointed as everyone else to see Tshibola go. He obviously has oodles of talent but a) has hardly played Chump footy and b) is always injured. And GBP 5mn seems like a good deal.

Now, if we can land a decent striker and hold on to Cooper....

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jul 2016 19:00

To be fair you cannot blame Tshibola for wanting to leave this obviously sinking ship. I will not be surprised if Gunter, Williams and Norwood all follow.

But at least that will give the owners the chance to sign a couple more free has beens to give the Academy youngsters some help when we start League 1 next season.

Frankly anything but relegation and Stam will have done a great job.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 04 Jul 2016 19:18

If I was a Villa fan I'd be disappointed at spending such a large sum on an unproven player when they need proven players to hit the ground running...

£5m is a good price if there's a sell on clause.

Spend it on a couple of strikers and the squad looks a lot more balanced

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2016 19:59

Dick Habbin's hairdo
West Stand Man It is, of course, quite possible that Stam has a plan that includes a player to fill the Tshibola role and is content to see him move on to clear the space.

Yip-Yap already has his replacement as a freebie - the former dishwasher and Sunday league player with the worst disciplinary record in Holland.

Disappointed as everyone else to see Tshibola go. He obviously has oodles of talent but a) has hardly played Chump footy and b) is always injured. And GBP 5mn seems like a good deal.

Is he really always injured? He had a bad injury this season and then didn't recover fully.

He's hardly Dom Sam with a major injury virtually every season for years.

Tommio

by Tommio » 04 Jul 2016 20:06

Ian Royal
Dick Habbin's hairdo

Is he really always injured? He had a bad injury this season and then didn't recover fully.

He's hardly Dom Sam with a major injury virtually every season for years.

His second injury was a completely different one to his first one, so it's got nothing to do with how he recovered from his first

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jul 2016 21:35

Really don't want him to leave but £5m is a lot of money. It's more like two years of the academy than five but it's not to be sniffed at.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Jul 2016 21:42

Pepe the Horseman
Royal_jimmy If Stam isn't backed with the full Tshibola fee then we better tell the Thai owners what we really think of them. They're destroying 20 years of progress we've made :x

By doing what we've always done?

So we go with the academy yet we sell our most promising youngster. Yes good work!

I bet we won't reinvest £1m of that on a good striker. Just crap freebies like Simon Cox or a 35 year old past it striker who will just take us to league one

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 04 Jul 2016 22:04

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won

So I took what's mine by eternal right
Took your soul out into the night
It may be over but it won't stop there
I am here for you if you'd only care

You touched my heart you touched my soul
You changed my life and all my goals
And love is blind and that I knew when
My heart was blinded by you
I've kissed your lips and held your head
Shared your dreams and shared your bed
I know you well, I know your smell
I've been addicted to you

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one
You have been the one for me

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one

I am a dreamer and when I wake
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take
And as you move on, remember me
Remember us and all we used to be

I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile
I've watched you sleeping for a while
I'd be the father of your child
I'd spend a lifetime with you

I know your fears and you know mine
We've had our doubts but now we're fine
And I love you, I swear that's true
I cannot live without you

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one

And I still hold your hand in mine
In mine when I'm asleep
And I will bear my soul in time
When I'm kneeling at your feet

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one

Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one

I'm so hollow, baby
I'm so hollow
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow

I'm so hollow, baby
I'm so hollow
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Jul 2016 22:36

Agree with all of the above. It's a real shame, but if that is the figure, then selling an injury prone youngster with only 13 games under his belt seems like a good deal that will hopefully plug the black hole for this season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Jul 2016 22:48

Personally would have kept him as not sure there are any suitable immediate replacements and Stam will get most of that money to replace

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Jul 2016 00:01

I have a feeling a few years down the line both Aaron and Villa will have more regret than we will with regards to this transfer.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jul 2016 07:54

Royal Ginger Agree with all of the above. It's a real shame, but if that is the figure, then selling an injury prone youngster with only 13 games under his belt seems like a good deal that will hopefully plug the black hole for this season.

Racist

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jul 2016 09:28

No Fixed Abode
Lower West £5 million for a player with potential. That's a good deal. Hopefully the deal will also include further bonuses if certain criteria is met.

It's a fair chunk of money for someone who hasn't played a lot of first team football. Good deal? Not so sure selling your best youngsters is a good deal unless the replacement is better.

And for someone who appears, based on last season, to just go from one injury to another.

Never going to stand a chance to keep him at £5m plus the player would want to go to a club that, let's face it, is infinitely bigger than Reading and not likely to be away from the PL for too long.

Just hoping the terms are £5m up front and not spread out over 10 years or something totally stupid like that.

Where to spend it? A quality, confidence inspiring, goalkeeper and an excellent striker.....

Tommio

by Tommio » 05 Jul 2016 09:40

Sutekh
No Fixed Abode
Lower West £5 million for a player with potential. That's a good deal. Hopefully the deal will also include further bonuses if certain criteria is met.

It's a fair chunk of money for someone who hasn't played a lot of first team football. Good deal? Not so sure selling your best youngsters is a good deal unless the replacement is better.

And for someone who appears, based on last season, to just go from one injury to another.

Never going to stand a chance to keep him at £5m plus the player would want to go to a club that, let's face it, is infinitely bigger than Reading and not likely to be away from the PL for too long.

Just hoping the terms are £5m up front and not spread out over 10 years or something totally stupid like that.

Where to spend it? A quality, confidence inspiring, goalkeeper and an excellent striker.....

More likely to be 2 mediocre strikers. Excellent ones seem to price is out. Saying that, Jonathon kodjia only cost Bristol city £2m.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Jul 2016 11:02

No Fixed Abode

The game is awash with money that has inflated the price of English players. Spurs bought Dele Alli for £5 million last year to put the fee paid into perspective. RFC have already picked up an ok player on a free transfer.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Jul 2016 12:10

Gutted to see him go but fantastic business for a player who is still 95% potential.

What really matters now is what happens to this windfall.

Following 4 utterly turgid seasons on the bounce, during which one of our most successful managers was re-hired and fired without even a close season to build a team of his own, along with our highly prized DOF walking off into the sunset, this campaign is the last chance saloon for our new owners in the eyes of many fans.

The money has to be re-invested in the team. Our best chance of doing things on the cheap went with Hammond and McDermott. You've made your bed and if this is the first sign of asset stripping, look forward to 5k STHs a year from now.

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 Jul 2016 13:02

He asked to leave, thus we were tied in to selling him. I feel £5 million is a very good amount of money to get for him, particularly given the depth of players in the midfield (though you'd happily flog most of them)!

At CM we still have; Norwood, Williams (both likely to be sold, though Norwood's performances in the Euros weren't so good), van den Berg, Evans, Kuhl, Quinn and Gravenberch.

222 posts