THE BETTING THREAD

7782 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Top Flight » 19 Aug 2016 23:09

Brosef Stalin
double d
double d Gone IBRA score 1st and Man United to win 2-0, also Man United -1 handicap single

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

nice win m8

That is good betting double d

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Aug 2016 09:49

Top Flight This evening, I took Betfair up on their £50 in play offer on Utd V Saints.

I whacked the full £50 on a United win shortly after kick off. Luckily they did win so my Betfair is now up to £101 and I have a free £50 bet to play with.

You're obsessed pal, this will end badly.

double d

by double d » 20 Aug 2016 10:23

Sanguine
Top Flight This evening, I took Betfair up on their £50 in play offer on Utd V Saints.

I whacked the full £50 on a United win shortly after kick off. Luckily they did win so my Betfair is now up to £101 and I have a free £50 bet to play with.

You're obsessed pal, this will end badly.

Ditto. TF I like you and you seem to be ignoring everybodies friendly advice. You could easily take all you have won and do something nice with it. By next month I reckon you will have 0 sorry mate. Your balance goes up and down and just hovers around the 100£ mark.

double d

by double d » 20 Aug 2016 19:59

Only a winner on the last games. Backed a draw double with Vila games and Arsenal game

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Aug 2016 18:34

Lost yesterday by doing
Reading win or draw
Man City
Leicester to win :cry:

Made up for it today by backing
Middlesboro to win or draw
West Ham
I couldn't believe West Ham's odds of 5/4 but they just made it in a terrible game.
MOM was Antonio for doing about the only thing he got right all game and I thought Mark Noble ran the game from start to finish.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Aug 2016 22:19

Top Flight I have put my £50 free bet token on NYCFC to beat LA Galaxy. If it wins my Betfair will be up to £165.

You're on a roll m8. Time to start taking risks. Maybe whack it all on a first goalscorer treble?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 08:36

Actually, I'm feeling more cautious now.

My Betfair is up to £165 but my Bet365 is down to £73 following the silly £10 0-0 challenge. I blew £30 on that silly game and I also drained my Bet365 by backing AFL League leaders Hawthorn in their Aussie Rules match away to the West Coast Eagles. The Eagles won so that was another tenner lost.

My next bet on Bet365 has to go well. There was a lot of football on yesterday but I didn't bet on anything.

I picked up the Real Madrid / Socieded game a minute in. I checked the price on Bet365 and Madrid were priced at 1.66 to win so I thought that looked a great price and I was just trying to log into my account to place the bet when Bale scored and the price collapsed. So I missed that opportunity to get Bet365 back to £80.

The other game I was eyeing up was DC United Vs New York Red Bulls. They played 10 minutes and DC looked on top. But then they had to go inside for the next 90 minutes because of thunder and lightning. When they finally came out the pitch was waterlogged and the ball wasn't moving anywhere. My gut feeling told me that the defences would win out in those conditions and therefore I should back the draw which was priced at 3.1 at that moment. But I really wasn't sure, then Bradley Wright Phillips scored for the Bulls. I decided to leave it alone.

Other games I looked at were Athletico Madrid V Alaves but the price was too short so I stayed out. I also checked PSG V Metz but again the price was too short.

Napoli had a great comeback against Pescara last night. Again, I stayed out.

So as things stand:

Bet365: £73
Betfair: £165

I am going to leave Betfair alone for the time being and concentrate on getting Bet365 back above £100. I need to be careful now and choose my bets carefully. I don't want to get the next bet wrong because if Bet365 then goes to £60 it will get more difficult to recover my position.

double d

by double d » 22 Aug 2016 09:39

Top Flight Actually, I'm feeling more cautious now.

My Betfair is up to £165 but my Bet365 is down to £73 following the silly £10 0-0 challenge. I blew £30 on that silly game and I also drained my Bet365 by backing AFL League leaders Hawthorn in their Aussie Rules match away to the West Coast Eagles. The Eagles won so that was another tenner lost.

My next bet on Bet365 has to go well. There was a lot of football on yesterday but I didn't bet on anything.

I picked up the Real Madrid / Socieded game a minute in. I checked the price on Bet365 and Madrid were priced at 1.66 to win so I thought that looked a great price and I was just trying to log into my account to place the bet when Bale scored and the price collapsed. So I missed that opportunity to get Bet365 back to £80.

The other game I was eyeing up was DC United Vs New York Red Bulls. They played 10 minutes and DC looked on top. But then they had to go inside for the next 90 minutes because of thunder and lightning. When they finally came out the pitch was waterlogged and the ball wasn't moving anywhere. My gut feeling told me that the defences would win out in those conditions and therefore I should back the draw which was priced at 3.1 at that moment. But I really wasn't sure, then Bradley Wright Phillips scored for the Bulls. I decided to leave it alone.

Other games I looked at were Athletico Madrid V Alaves but the price was too short so I stayed out. I also checked PSG V Metz but again the price was too short.

Napoli had a great comeback against Pescara last night. Again, I stayed out.

So as things stand:

Bet365: £73
Betfair: £165

I am going to leave Betfair alone for the time being and concentrate on getting Bet365 back above £100. I need to be careful now and choose my bets carefully. I don't want to get the next bet wrong because if Bet365 then goes to £60 it will get more difficult to recover my position.

TF, I am confused.... What is a 0-0 challenge? It sounds something that is pretty much nigh on impossible. I had a win at the weekend backing two draws in a double (Leicester game and Villa) but I would have never thought of doing two 0-0s. Very rare.

Also why are you even thinking about betting on AFL? Do you know the teams? Players? Form?

One bet I won yesterday was a double, I lumped 10 on West Ham and Darlington 1883, and got 56 back. Thing is I know that Darlington will probably walk their league as they have done for years (rising up from the Ashes of the old team) and they are unbeaten so far, they were priced at 2.2 or something playing away. To me I feel that is a risk worth taking, I don't understand this 0-0 challenge and AFL football? Just waiting for Sanguine to turn up and ask why? :wink: :wink: :wink:

You have been saying for weeks you will be more cautious but seems like you are throwing money,

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 09:45

The nil nil challenge is on the competitions thread.

It's about avoiding the nil nils.

So you back over 0.5 goals at very low odds. You start with a tenner and then you keep reinvesting the tenner plus the winnings in to the next bet. If you can avoid the nil nils you might be able to accumulate a big win. When you lose, you lose your original tenner. Obviously you got to know when to stop. I've been hit by three nil nils already. I'll stay out of that game from now on. The nil nils seem to follow me around.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 09:53

I have been quite cautious double d. With all the football on yesterday, I didn't make a single bet. The one opportunity that I really wanted to back was Real Madrid at 1.66 but I was too late. I just wasn't ready. I got the game on the TV, it was already in play. I just had looked at the price on my ipad, I felt it was a good price as I felt Madrid would easily win at Sociedad and before I could log in, Bale had scored. Opportunity gone. I wasn't desperate to bet. I looked at the other games that were taking place. Nothing looked a good betting opportunity so I didn't act. I was in complete control. So I think I am improving. But you're right, I have to cut out the Aussie Rules nonsense.

Thing with Aussie Rules is that draws are highly unlikely. So you are betting on one of two possible outcomes. Win or lose. I thought as Hawthorn were table toppers, they really needed a win to keep their title hopes on track. I thought they might prevail. I got it wrong.

I'll stick to the football.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2016 13:25

Gone for this tomorrow night:

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
Scunthorpe v Bristol City
QPR v Rochdale

double d

by double d » 22 Aug 2016 13:52

John Smith Gone for this tomorrow night:

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

Returns?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2016 13:57

double d

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

Returns?

90/1 geezer.

Went on instinct really but I'm pretty sure QPR get knocked out at home every season to lower league sides.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2016 13:57

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

You could well win but betting on league cup games is daft-team selection is very important when considering a bet and with all the team changes that take place in these early rounds you are backing blind.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2016 14:00

Victor Meldrew

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

You could well win but betting on league cup games is daft-team selection is very important when considering a bet and with all the team changes that take place in these early rounds you are backing blind.

You're quite right, which is why I've only put £3 on. Are you betting tomorrow night at all Victor?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2016 14:11

John Smith
Victor Meldrew

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

You're quite right, which is why I've only put £3 on. Are you betting tomorrow night at all Victor?

Probably not betting tomorrow but will have a look at the Conference fixtures and Nat League South to see if local teams Poole and Eastleigh are playing and think about backing goals under as they are both very defence-minded teams.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 14:16

John Smith
double d

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

Returns?

90/1 geezer.

Went on instinct really but I'm pretty sure QPR get knocked out at home every season to lower league sides.

Yeah, Rangers were hardly convincing against Swindon in the last round. Rochdale might just do it.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Aug 2016 14:19

Victor Meldrew

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

Isn't that where you can sometimes find the best value though Victor. The price on Rochdale to beat QPR might be quite long. But if Rangers are weakened and not highly motivated then Rochdale might just do it at a long price?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2016 14:31

Top Flight
Victor Meldrew

Millwall v Forest
Peterborough v Swansea
QPR v Rochdale

Isn't that where you can sometimes find the best value though Victor. The price on Rochdale to beat QPR might be quite long. But if Rangers are weakened and not highly motivated then Rochdale might just do it at a long price?

Wouldn't argue with that and the price might well be just too high at about 4/1 to ignore especially if Rangers put out a weakened team, something I suspect Rochdale wouldn't.
It will be interesting to revisit this on Wednesday morning.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Aug 2016 14:35

Always think when betting on this competition, the best option is to wait until the better team have named their starting XI, just a lot easier to gauge how they are going to get on. Obviously, it isn't fool-proof but its a bit of a better strategy than betting a day before kick-off.

7782 posts