Transfer Deadline Day - August '16

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfer Deadline Day - August '16

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2016 08:00

Stranded
Victor Meldrew
TBM
Where did i say Tshi and Norwood were deadwood?

Ferdinand, Cox, Hurtado, Liburd, HRK - they were the deadwood....

Plus
Swift >> Tshi
JVB >> Norwood (for the role/position they would be playing)

If you didn't think they were deadwood why didn't you include a section for "really good players that we have sold"?
I would suggest that it is a bit early to suggest that Swift and JVB are better options than Tish or Norwood ,particularly in the case of JVB but these are just opinions.
We will only know in a year's time of course.

Of course, but I think Swift will certainly play more games than Tish did - 13 wasn't it? - and he's already injured again at Villa. So we appear to have a fitter player, and potentially an as good, if not better footballer.

JVB and Norwood is a bit like comparing apples and pears - they were/are both played as holding midfielders, but JVB is much more of an enforcer type than Norwood

And, for the record, IMO Kelly is a better prospect that Tshibola. And after him this Rinhimota looks rather promising as well.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Sep 2016 09:38

maffff SOmeone correct the title. Should be "#bushwatch day - August 2016".

Had to catch up yesterday on everything that went on during deadline day. Needless to say #BushWatch was an absolute embarrassment of cringeworthy magnitude before I remembered I support Reading and this is normal from our fans.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Sep 2016 09:56

Maybe you should lighten up m8, it's just a bit of fun.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Sep 2016 10:01

TBM
Elm Park Kid
TBM
They did, which is the point - they didn't spend much last season but built from what they did previous seasons, even if that cost them £100m in one season, if it means you stay in the division you'll make that back easily and in Leicesters case get even more money cos they won the league, got into the Champions league etc

Yeah, but you need to have the finances in the first place to invest £100m without return. And for every Leicester there are 5-6 Leeds who fail and end up with massive debt and no income. Spending money isn't a guarantee for success.

No its not guaranteed but when we went up - so did Southampton and West Ham......both sides are/were in Europe this season, Swansea made it the other year, Leicester well you know and then you've got the likes of Stoke, Palace, Watford, Bournemouth all holding their own.

We didn't invest in Premier League quality and didn't survive too long. Name my one RFC fan who thought before each game that we would win it?!

So although it may not bring success, it you can get a squad capable of holding their own then you can build from there spending more and more money each season to progress.

in order to get players to want to come here, and clubs to sell them, the year we went up, we spent over the odds on average players and had to pay them daft wages for a club of our size.

even though this spending didn't match other clubs, it still left us almost bankrupt when anton walked out.
if we had spent more, and still gone down ( a definite possibility) we would have gone under.

its easy throwing money around when its imaginary/not yours.

it may be different now with increased TV money and better parachute deals, but much of said increase will always be eaten up by greedy players and agents, and clubs looking to get the new higher market value for their players when selling

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Sep 2016 10:05

genome Maybe you should lighten up m8, it's just a bit of fun.

yeah, what a po faced moaning minnie

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Sep 2016 11:56

John Smith
maffff SOmeone correct the title. Should be "#bushwatch day - August 2016".

Had to catch up yesterday on everything that went on during deadline day. Needless to say #BushWatch was an absolute embarrassment of cringeworthy magnitude before I remembered I support Reading and this is normal from our fans.

I'd say your attitude is more embarrassing than anything. Lighten up pal.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Sep 2016 13:34

Maneki Neko

yeah, what a po faced moaning minnie

Indubitably

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Sep 2016 13:56

Since when?
These days most of the posts are either very serious or quite nasty....or both, which is a shame as 10 years ago and before it really was fun..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Sep 2016 13:58

BR2

Since when?
These days most of the posts are either very serious or quite nasty....or both, which is a shame as 10 years ago and before it really was fun..

I meant Bushwatch was a bit of fun (on Twitter).

On here is always terrible