BFTG Barnsley

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Barnsley

by Maneki Neko » 19 Sep 2016 12:02

was a nasty collision in a very committed 50-50 from both players, and I found the barnsley players reaction to be bizarre and awful.
no excuse for immediately running over to a player who is hurt and start screaming in his face.
that in itself was a booking imo.

the push....suppose it had to be red,especially after he gone over as though hit by a speeding train.
its only the outrage at the Barnsley players daft reaction, that makes it seem a little harsh/unfair.
don't see a problem with it though, certainly not angry at GMac. its good to see players backing each other up like that imo.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 19 Sep 2016 12:19

tidus_mi2
Brum Royal I didn't go so I can't add too much to the thread, but my Dad went, and he spoke to GMac in the car park after the game and asked him about the incident. GMac said the Barnsley lad was hurling all sorts of obscenities at Williams whilst he was on the floor calling him a c**t amongst others, and GMac admitted he saw the red mist and lost it and so went in to look after his mate. GMac thought the red was a bit harsh, and could understand why he got it, but thought a yellow would have been more appropriate in the circumstances.

Completely agree about the red card, I checked on the Barnsley forum and they've been reading our reactions, basically saying we're crazy to think it's not a red.

Thing is I don't think I ever see pushes get a red card, sure Garath's looked worse because the guy was crouched down and couldn't stabilise himself but why should it be treated differently to a weak little shove? The types of which happen in every match. You don't see players get punished differently for the extent of how they punch another person, a punch no matter the strength behind it is a red card offence, similarly a shove, regardless of intensity should either warrant a red card or some lesser offence.

Don't matter what we think re red card, he took it and has apologised for it which is good. We move on.
Those who wanted Harriott in the team will get their wish now, Lets hope he hits the ground running.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2016 12:22

My depressive viewpoint from a few games ago is lifting slightly.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 19 Sep 2016 12:37

WestRoyal
tidus_mi2
Brum Royal I didn't go so I can't add too much to the thread, but my Dad went, and he spoke to GMac in the car park after the game and asked him about the incident. GMac said the Barnsley lad was hurling all sorts of obscenities at Williams whilst he was on the floor calling him a c**t amongst others, and GMac admitted he saw the red mist and lost it and so went in to look after his mate. GMac thought the red was a bit harsh, and could understand why he got it, but thought a yellow would have been more appropriate in the circumstances.

Completely agree about the red card, I checked on the Barnsley forum and they've been reading our reactions, basically saying we're crazy to think it's not a red.

Thing is I don't think I ever see pushes get a red card, sure Garath's looked worse because the guy was crouched down and couldn't stabilise himself but why should it be treated differently to a weak little shove? The types of which happen in every match. You don't see players get punished differently for the extent of how they punch another person, a punch no matter the strength behind it is a red card offence, similarly a shove, regardless of intensity should either warrant a red card or some lesser offence.

Don't matter what we think re red card, he took it and has apologised for it which is good. We move on.
Those who wanted Harriott in the team will get their wish now, Lets hope he hits the ground running.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harriott get his chance, he's the direct replacement in my mind. But I would not be surprised if we see Mendes get his first league start for us.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 19 Sep 2016 13:58

Just like to point out that this is the best BFTG thread for quite some time.
Good work to all contributors. Just goes to show how much we all enjoy a good performance, a win and a bit of aggro to boot.

Of course it was a red. In public Stam will no doubt dissparove, but behind the scenes he'll be pleased with that microcosm of team spirit imho. He was a tough, look after your team mates, sort of player and he's instilling that in us.

I don't think anyone really thinks it's ok to do that on the pitch. I think they like the gesture not the act itself.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Sep 2016 14:02

Even if it is a stonewall red, I'm pleased he did it. I thought it was disgraceful from Hourihane.

Plus, holding on for the victory having only ten men has probably done more for the dressing room than us beating them with ease would have done.

George_

by George_ » 19 Sep 2016 14:19

genome Plus, holding on for the victory having only ten men has probably done more for the dressing room than us beating them with ease would have done.

THIS

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Sep 2016 14:58

leon My depressive viewpoint from a few games ago is lifting slightly.

Yeah same

Just so many false dawns in the last few years (before falling back in to possession-based tedium), but the hope is starting to creep in

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Sep 2016 14:58

George_
genome Plus, holding on for the victory having only ten men has probably done more for the dressing room than us beating them with ease would have done.

THIS

THAT

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2016 14:59

John Madejski's Wallet
leon My depressive viewpoint from a few games ago is lifting slightly.

Yeah same

Just so many false dawns in the last few years (before falling back in to possession-based tedium), but the hope is starting to creep in

Exactly my thoughts.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Sep 2016 15:10

George_

THIS

Hopefully we can get the comprehensive victory there within the next few weeks as well, just to show the team exactly what it is capable of. Shame we still feel a striker short, there are signs here that Stam could turn us into a very formidable unit at this level. Not trying to get ahead of myself, but this could be the start of something special. Although I thought that last season and going into this year pre-season I was convinced we'd be battling for 21st.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Sep 2016 16:19

Excellent away win - those three points will be very useful in the relegation battle come the end of season

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Sep 2016 16:27

Contrast to the Barnsley fans, the Huddersfield lot are a bit arrogant aren't they? Granted they've had a good start but blimey.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2016 16:28

tidus_mi2 Contrast to the Barnsley fans, the Huddersfield lot are a bit arrogant aren't they? Granted they've had a good start but blimey.

Not getting the Barnsley love in. They appear to hate us.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Sep 2016 16:59

leon
tidus_mi2 Contrast to the Barnsley fans, the Huddersfield lot are a bit arrogant aren't they? Granted they've had a good start but blimey.

To be fair they were a lot kinder before they read our comments on the match, maybe we're the volatile ones? :D

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Sep 2016 17:05

CountryRoyal
Snowball

6. We have had a tough start and played a lot of the top sides

Burnley away and Boro at home not tough? I would tend to agree though that there seems to be a more solid togetherness about the squad, even if it's only perceptions.

I didn't comment on LAST SEASON's tough start (or non-tough start) but this season after eight games we only have four of the top 11 left to play.

SIX tough-on-paper games dispatched already - - - Newcastle, Barnsley, Birmingham, Brighton, Wolves, Ipswich - - - W2 D2 L2

BTW We didn't play Burnley until Game 9 and Boro until game 10

Here is the comparison 2015 first 2016 second

2 - 4 from the top 07
3 - 5 from the top 10
4 - 6 from the top 11

13.2 - 10.4 Average League Position of Opponents

W3 D3 L2 - W4 D2 L2

12 - 14 Points

2015-16

05 W Ipswich
06 L Birmingham
10 L Derby
11 D Leeds
14 W Brentford
17 D Wednesday
20 D MK Dons
23 W Bristol

Average Position 13.2

2 from the top 07
3 from the top 10
4 from the top 11

W3 D3 L2 12 Points

====================

2016-17

03 L Newcastle
04 W Barnsley
05 D Birmingham
07 D Brighton
10 L Wolves
11 W Ipswich
19 W Preston
24 W Cardiff

Average Position 10.4

4 from the top 7
5 from the top 10
6 from the top 11

W4 D2 L2 14 Points

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Sep 2016 19:26

I don't want to see any stats unless they indicate either promotion or championship winning.

I don't mind these stats being completely made up.

Thank you.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Sep 2016 19:57

Since Madejski took over, every season we've won away at Barnsley we've got promoted.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Sep 2016 20:07

Ian Royal Since Madejski took over, every season we've won away at Barnsley we've got promoted.

It took us 4 seasons to get promoted after promotion in 01/02, it took us 4 seasons to get promoted after relegation in 07/08, we are in our 4th season since relegation in 12/13.

My one is actually true.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Sep 2016 21:11

tidus_mi2
leon

To be fair they were a lot kinder before they read our comments on the match, maybe we're the volatile ones? :D

F[u]ck off.